Chapter 28 - Midst More Than Happiness

~ SIMRAN ~

I was squirming constantly maybe wishing to push myself more into his big cozy arms that seemed too tempting and welcoming. For the first time in months, this man is behaving like a human, a husband who craves his wife's attention and warmth; the more he is desperate the wilder he is and I am more than happy that he is slowly opening up to me.

"Good morning, hubby".

I kissed his forehead while he just snuggled into my chest seizing my waist with his hands causing my heart to directly jump out of my chest.

"Zander?"

I shook him but he just breathed on my cleavage sending a bolt of current down my spine.

Fuck, he is too close.

"Uthh jao na please!".

| Wake up, please |

I poked his big muscled arm but it was no use as he was holding me like I was his blanket, supplying him heat.

I smiled and gazed down at his gorgeous face, especially those lips which were smiling yesterday. He seemed relaxed, unguarded and mostly longing for my attention. I accept that I was infuriated by his constant cold behaviour but the moment when his lips touched mine; I genuinely forgot my anger and melted for him.

How can he be cute when he is always a glacier?

"Zand--

My breath hitched when he buried his face in between my cleavage, his hands curled around my waist. I just blinked my eyes in a daze while my heart skipped a few beats at the intimacy we were sharing right now.

I don't understand what this all means to him but to me, it's the dream I have glimpsed since I recollected my past and remembered him.

My hand stroked his head while I just sighed recalling that day in Korea when I was living a carefree life as I wasn't Simran or Ruhi - I was Kim Dae-sung, sister of a great plastic and neuro surgeon Kim Seung Jae.

Three years back in South Korea, Seoul, Gangnam City (2020)...

"Dae, wake up or you will be late for the office".

I groaned, and my eyes fluttered open to a luxurious room which is mine but felt unfamiliar like I was living in a stranger's room.

I quickly got ready and rushed downstairs where I glimpsed Seung, my older brother humming a Korean song while serving breakfast at the dining table.

My eyes went to the lined-up portraits and family pictures of me with him with a broad smile on our faces like a picture-perfect family yet something seemed missing as I have no recollection of my past, just some faded memories of a man who keeps naming me Ruhi and some painful screams but nothing is clear and improbable as they are just dreams.

I know I am Dae Sung, the only sister of Kim Seung Jae who is my older brother. He is quite famous here due to his surgical skills, he is one of the best plastic and neurosurgeons in the world which explains the luxury I live in.