Chapter 3 - A Midst Crush

~ SIMRAN ~

He wasn't thrilled to see me, I know he wouldn't but still, somewhere inside my heart I just hoped that he would, that he would remember me once, just once he would claim that he knew me before I became this Simran who is after him like a psychoti...

He wasn't thrilled to see me, I know he wouldn't but still, somewhere inside my heart I just hoped that he would, that he would remember me once, just once he would claim that he knew me before I became this Simran who is after him like a psychotic lover, like a crazy fangirl or a mad admirer of his work but it's much more than just a simple crush.

It wasn't just his art that pushed me to like him, it was his whole personality that lured me into him, it's just sad that he can't recognize me anymore, not even interested in knowing why I am into him to this extent and reacts like I am some kind of allergy he should avoid every time he sees me.

He doesn't even wish to see my face from the looks he always lends me but all I want is just to stay by his side and assure him that I would never leave him again and stay beside him till my last breath. I just wished he knew how much I missed him all these years.

The man in front of me, glaring at me while consuming his dinner meal is not the Zander I used to know, he was an entirely different person because he had feelings and a heart of gold instead of ice.

Even if it's been seven years, I still remember everything intact because I can't ever erase him from my memories ...I just couldn't ...

Seven Years back!

The rain wasn't stopping, the roads were all wet, slippery, and sticky while I sat nervously on the chair trying to not panic as the guy I was meeting was my boyfriend for the last three years, we started dating when I was sixteen and my life is simply stable since then, I won't say he is the best guy but at least he is not the worst and treats me well except the part where he criticizes my oversized body.

Yeah, I have been a thick girl since I started growing up. I have been taunted, looked down on, bullied, and made fun of throughout my school for being overweight because people around me were too in love with slim and fit bodies that a body like mine wasn't socially acceptable neither for girls or boys nor my mother.

"Ruhi!"

I snapped my head at Vivaan and smiled even though he didn't and just sat on the chair and picked up the menu to order us something almost ignoring my gloomy face, he didn't even look at me like he used to before as if I am invisible.

Am I that hard to look at? That much unattractive?

"I have already ordered us your favorite chicken wings with Blue Lagoon," I tried to cheer him up even when he should be doing that.

He rolled his eyes at me and called the waitress immediately.

"We just want one plate of chicken wings and one salad without any dressing," He replaced my order and dismissed her.

I arched my eyebrows at him and leaned back unbothered since there was no point in arguing.

"Don't make that face, Ruhi. Tumne dekha hai khud ko, tum din ba din failati ja rhi ho, jab maine tumko date k liye pucha tha tum curvy thi but look at yourself now, tum gubaara lagne lagi ho. At least ab to apne weight ko monitor kro and try kro loose krne ka because I feel embarrassed to even have you by my side now".