Chapter 34 - More Than anything

~ ZANDER ~

"You love her, don't you?"

His question irked my already spoiled mood.

In reply, I threw a harsh glare at my middle brother and scoffed due to the irony of him assuming that he knew me or even had the slightest idea what was going on in my mind.

"Put your nose where it's needed, Xavier, " I shut him off.

I turned to leave feeling irritated but my hand was grasped but immediately I yanked it away as his stubborn attitude scorned me to the level where I wanted to burn Walsh's empire name to the ashes.

"Why are you like this? Sometimes you are cold, and sometimes you pretend like you were an idol big brother among us?"

He asked me in a genuine tone.

I sighed and glided my unemotional eyes at him.

"Unfortunately, you are my younger brother which is unchanged but still I can pretend you don't exist to me I am trying to do here so if you want me to answer you that badly then you need to take account of your past actions which has broken our family," I naturally advised him and walked away after patting his shoulder.

"Zander, I just told Dad what I saw that day ...

Before he could complete his words, I clutched his neck, my fingers clenched around tightly his throat as my eyes darkened at his flinching face and my lips curved into a cold smile of dangerous warning.

Our gazes interacted with each other, our heights are on the same level competing against each other while the difference was that he wasn't even defending himself and I was being extra aggressive because he is the reason for our broken family, that he fucked everything up with his absent mind.

"You fucking need to not get on my worst sight or it won't end well for you," I seeth a warning to him before moving away.

He just eyed me flabbergasted as if it was unbelievable for him to see me this violent and distant when there was a time we both were inseparable and I used to protect him from everyone, especially Dad.

"If you despise me that much then you shouldn't have come here".

He screamed more like he was hurt but not that I cared or maybe somewhere still I did but couldn't show so I just rolled my eyes at him.

"You truly assumed I was here for a family dinner?" I raised an eyebrow at him in a mocking manner, "Silly middle one, I don't give a fuck for this family. I am only here because of my wife nothing else".

I gave him my coldest glare and stood there for his response.

"I used to be jealous of the attention you used to get from Dad and Mom but now I pity them for treating you like a prince when you are just trash, there is nothing to be admired or feel jealous about you," He threw his bitter words and knocked on my shoulder while leaving aggressively.

My cold eyes just scorched his back until he disappeared out of my sight and sighed in relief due to the fact he won't bother me anymore as I can't be nice any longer either.

I'm done playing nice now.

"Big one, hey...

Venice rushed to me panicking interrupting my thoughts with his uncanny loud voice.

"What happened? Just breathe --"

I suggested tapping his cheeks as he seemed out of breath but he just yanked my hand.

"Simran has fainted, please wake her up because I am scared, " He was panicking badly and begging me.

It was like my heart stopped for a second as the next, I just rushed upstairs forgetting everything, and watched Seung examining her as she was lying unconscious on the bed with her left hand in Sameer's.