Chapter 18 - Midst More Than Promises

~ ZANDER ~

Fresh paint smells unearthly as its scent fills in the surroundings making the environment additionally good as my hand constantly sprays paint over the canvas to portray my deepest feelings towards the girl I have hardly fallen for even knowing s...

Fresh paint smells unearthly as its scent fills in the surroundings making the environment additionally good as my hand constantly sprays paint over the canvas to portray my deepest feelings towards the girl I have hardly fallen for even knowing she and I have a huge age difference as she's just eighteen while I am twenty-five but still, I can feel my heart racing faster whenever I am around her.

How can anyone be so cute but she is which makes me smile whenever I think about her and surprisingly it never happened before until her, after meeting her my life has showered with colors... It's too good now.

"Zander, wow man. This art piece is fantastic!"

My eyes quickly darted to Rupert who is my college mate and a good friend, he came here with me as a replacement for Seung as he was busy in Korea due to some of his business. 

"Hmm".

I sighed and continued what I was doing.

"Hey, isn't she the same girl I saw a few moments earlier?"

I froze and left everything before rushing to him.

"You saw the girl I am painting?" I asked to confirm and he nodded.

"Where is she?" I asked him while feeling turmoil inside my whole body 

He frowned and answered, "I told her you are busy so she left".

I slapped his arm with the brush before racing outside and frantically looking around for her as she must have come here to tell me something.

I ran through the garden of the mansion to catch her before she left but having no idea where she could be, I just called her but she wasn't picking up even her calls which worried me more and I ran to the main gate only to spot her nearby a sunflower plant with her head between her knees while the guard was offering her water but she was refusing to even move or look at him.

Why is she so fragile and cute? 

I knelt and took her hands in mine to assure her, slowly she tilted her head, and her teary yet beautiful eyes unwound the moment she realized I was there for her.

"Zane!" She hiccuped a little and I just engulfed her in my arms unable to stop myself from comforting her.

"Shh! I am here," I stroked her head as she just melted against me and breathed normally.

"Is something wrong?"

I still asked her while pressing her into my arms strongly as I truly didn't want to let her go.