Chapter 40 - More than a heartbreak

~ ZANDER ~

I straightly walked into my father's office with a dismay in my soul as I really wanted to have a deep conversation with my wife before he stuck his butt into it and forced me to meet him this urgently for some stupid reason.

"Name, what you want so I can be free to go, " I grumbled.

Victor Walsh just chuckled, he had the same apathy as me in his eyes, and his mouth twitched upward into a taunting smile before he passed me a folder.

"Give this to your wife since she has been ignoring my calls for a week now, so it's fair for me to contact her husband instead, ain't I right son?"

My eyes squinted so callously that I wished to hurt him but restrained the urge and instead forced a smile on my face, a cold smile that could turn his office into Iceland.

"You should stay away from my wife, don't you think?"

I frowned feeling possessive for every damn reason.

I don't care what his business is with my wife but he has no right to put his nose where it doesn't belong especially anywhere near my wife.

"Or the question should be what is your wife's business with me?" He taunted me with a classy smirk

In reply, I just rolled my eyes quietly amused by his old tactics of turning people against each other like he did with Xavier and me, we couldn't be the same person ever since he filled his ears against me and made him a monster like him.

"I don't care what Simran's business is with you as long as it doesn't affect our relationship with, Mr. Walsh, " I told him off, not wanting to beat around the bush.

"Oww, that hurt my feelings my son" He laughed bitterly, "Why am I Mr Walsh when a few months before I was your dad?"

"Don't you think, you are responsible for getting low in your son's eyes?"

I sighed and slammed that folder on his desk, "You don't deserve to be called a Dad, you know that right?"

Suddenly his eyes held sheer bitterness as my collar was grabbed by his hands and our eyes battled to an extent where we both were aware of our hatred towards each other and wished to kill each other.

"Say whatever you wanna say but you will always be a Walsh, Zander. Don't forget if I had turned my back on your mother then you wouldn't have even exist---

I pushed him away so powerfully that he almost slammed into the wall nearby but balanced himself with ease and chuckled at my intractable angry side.

"Still Mamma's boy, aren't you?" He sweetly mocked me

I rubbed my temple and turned to leave feeling incredibly disturbed, and to control my anger I needed to go away from him as soon as possible or I might throw him out there.

"Zander, I heard you are in love nowadays?"

He seemed more amused while asking me.

I paused at his words and side-glared at the man who was considered to care for me but instead, he just provoked, gaslighted, and pushed me away from my family with my mom.

"None of your business, Mr. Victor" I fumed with an unemotional face, "Learn to shut up before I entirely disrespect you, and trust me, my bad son side will only torment you till your last breath".

His eyes were gauging me as I just rolled mine at him.

"Fine, My son" He sighed, "But just for you to know, your wife isn't what she pretending to be".