Chapter 32 - More Than A Commitment

~ ZANDER ~

"You just ditched my daughter out of the blue and married someone else, Zander"

Veer Merchant yelled, his eyes were taunting me with disappointment but I didn't care, my heart was soothed unlike before. There was happiness in me, the rift I had been sensing for all those years was driven away as if it never existed inside me.

"I am sorry, Sir," I mumbled, honestly and sincerely but regret wasn't anywhere in my voice.

I was just sorry to him because I broke my promise. I gave him false hopes and lastly, I just ditched his daughter which must have hurt him that I didn't do intentionally.

"Sorry? You are sorry, Zander? Are you kidding me?" He spat out, eyes blazing with anger as he glared at me.

"Sir, I know that I have broken the promise but what's done is done and it'll be better if we both move on from it".

I said unfazed, still cold-hearted as I felt no emotion in me except a tiny guilt of giving him false hope, especially at that time when he was battling a disease.

"You are such a disappointment, Zander. No wonder why your father trusted Xavier over you earlier," He rubbed it on my face while glaring at me as if I owed him something big.

My hands fisted and eyes turned blank as my mouth twitched yet I stayed quiet and got up to leave.

"You haven't changed, have you? You still don't dare to face your problems," He scoffed making my steps rest.

I truly love it when someone insults me that only means, I don't have to be nice anymore.

"You are that eager to hear me then listen, I never wished to marry Avani," I said honestly causing his eyes to broaden in shock as Avani reached us after stepping downstairs with her loud cackling heels.

Her face contorted, and eyes turned hard at me but I just couldn't stop there as people call me 'Cold Monster' for a reason.

"I only pitied your condition and thought I should be obliged for what you have taught me and repay it by taking responsibility for your daughter but now since I have realized you owe me nothing, I had to be honest and let you know that Avani wouldn't have been in my heart even after being my wife".

I spoke my mind bluntly and spun to leave when a hand clamped my arm out of desperation. I moved to face a fuming Avani who quickly lifted her hand to hit me but I smoothly stopped it and pushed her away rudely.

"I never liked you, further you just only irked me so your silly antics did. It'll be better for you to understand that you were supposed to marry me but now I have a wife and only she matters to me so you better stop doing whatever you are planning to and step back, Avani because if I ever heard of you even trying to touch an inch of my wife then you better be prepared for my ugly side that you haven't met yet," I warned her, my cold words directly hitting to her unpretty heart and that egoistic soul.