Chapter 5 - Midst Correction

~ SIMRAN ~

It was unlit, extremely dark that I couldn't even see a thing and was pressing my knees together trying to endure the pressure coming to pee as I didn't want to do it here, not in a closet where I couldn't even breathe properly and see nothing. 

I was scared, vulnerable, miserable, thirsty, hungry while my eyes were blurring, almost was about to give up on myself as I really couldn't take this anymore

I was scared, vulnerable, miserable, thirsty, hungry while my eyes were blurring, almost was about to give up on myself as I really couldn't take this anymore. But somehow I reached the door by dragging my bruised body and slightly opened it to see if he was still out there and was still searching for me because I had no strength left to hide anymore.

"Sweet Little Ruhi, come out beta. I promise I won't hurt you anymore. Come out, my dearest Ruhi".

| Beta - Dear |

Tears streamed down my face, this was supposed to be the happiest day of my life as I was supposed to go on my first date with Zane since he wanted to know more about me and I agreed as I wanted to feel happy for once because he feels like that guardian angel who makes me the happiest, worthy of living, belonged somewhere and valuable.

"Ruhi, you know that eventually, I am going to find you so just show yourself".

His disgusting voice almost repulsed me but I just clamped my hands over my mouth trying to stop the shakiness of my breaths.

I always dreamt of having a happy family but it simply remained a dream as my Mama Ji who was supposed to look after my mother and me has been violating his responsibilities.

| Mama - Maternal Uncle |

Today I understand why having a father is so important, it's because in Indian society, they assume it's easy to pick on females who have no male support which is maybe why my grandparents thought it was a good idea to make my uncle, my guardian and take responsibility for my mother who is not in her senses since Dad abandoned us when I wasn't even born.

"Ruhi!".

I wanted to fight, but my almost bruised body was not in a condition to protect myself as he had beaten me enough for just talking with our family lawyer who just come by to know - When I was taking over the business and replacing my uncle since I am eighteen now.

Those loud footsteps reminded me that he wasn't still done with me and wanted to beat me more. I gasped when I heard a crash from the room next door, he was closer so I tried not to breathe and to tolerate it a little more but unfortunately, I had the worst luck of the century.