Chapter 23 - More Than First Night

~ ZANDER ~

"You don't want to greet your Dad?"

I halted amid the hallway, my mind was still gripped with my chaotic wife's thoughts as she is too eccentric to flee my head that easily and it's not I have problem with it anyway cause' now I am used to her.

"Hey, Dad!"

I scowled and he just sighed simply halfheartedly as if he was hoping for me to show some emotions but like always I disappointed him.

"Don't you want to know why I didn't attend my son's wedding?"

He was surely mocking me but somewhere it felt like he genuinely wanted me to ask him. In return, I just rolled my eyes recalling that I have stopped expecting anything from him since I left with mom. I realized what he taught me was wrong, that I can survive on my passion and can live unlike him.

"You must be busy, it's not new," I offered him a cold smile.

In reply, He sighed and put a hand on my right shoulder with a hint of warmth as if he genuinely wished to comfort me.

"I know you are upset with me for forcing Simran on you but trust me, she is much better than that two-faced Avani you chose for yourself," He held my icy gaze equally with his.

I wanted to tell him off. I didn't want to do anything with him but his words were only provoking my hate for him and for that woman too who is now my wife.

"Did I complain? I did not,so don't bother me," I told him off harshly and turned to leave.

"You are stubborn just like your mother".

I nearly halted but restrained myself by fisting my hands and left without even bothering to say anything to him as he doesn't deserve it.

He just doesn't worth my time!

I walked through the same hallway where mom used to drag me to walk whenever I had a hard time deciding, she used to advise me to follow my heart as it always guides you to the right path but I never followed her advice because her heart has led her to the wrong place, to the wrong man and the wrong people.

She is still suffering just because of those choices of her heart, they added only misery into her life, she was never happy here but stupid me who actually liked to take Ruhi here, to marry her here but never thought how miserable my mom was?

I just believed that she was happy and left her here to follow my heart for once with Ruhi who is not with me anymore but don't know why for some reason I still can feel her around me, it's like she is breathing in the same air as me and it's just me who can't see her... Stupid me! She is dead...and dead purple stays dead.

The constant beep of my phone disturbed my weird thoughts and I peeked down at my phone screen only to see Avani's caller ID displaying there.

I fully forgot about her...and even her dad whom I promised that I would take care of her but now I just can't do that and somehow it relieved me.

"Avani?" I frowned as I sighed heavily

"Zander, listen to me okay? Don't take me as a crazy woman like everyone is taking me now--

Her words just disappeared as my phone was taken away by a beautiful hand that belonged to her as that engagement ring didn't go unnoticed by me.

"Are you that much free to talk to my husband?"