Chapter 38 - More Than A Realization

~ ZANDER ~

A peaceful life is like a dream for everyone but to me, it's a miracle since I never thought I can be happy after losing Mom and Ruhi but I have found peace in my wife, the same woman who irked me, who annoyed the hell out of me and who always found a way to piss me off but now I can't live without her and my life feels less thorny by having her by my side. By now I have realized that I would burn this world for her.

"I dare to come in, Can I?"

My eyes took off my phone screen where I had a screen saver of my wife's sleeping face and glided to my office door where Avani's creepy smile was greeting me yet I didn't care nor did I feel any resentment except I was entirely irritated by her surprise visit.

She stepped inside with that uncanny smile and sat right across from me, putting her clutch on my glass desk, and started staring at me with her obsessed eyes.

"I am married, Avani. Can't you understand this single thing? Is it too hard for you to accept that I am not a trophy to win now?"

I said emotionless while she just chuckled and leaned back in the chair shamelessly.

"You used to tell me that you won't love anyone as you have already spent your heart on someone, the person who isn't alive anymore but still lives inside your soul but now you should look at yourself, you are won by human needs aka lust" She sighed utterly disappointed in me and continued, "Anyway congratulations on being like every man out there".

My hands clenched into fists fighting the heavy urge to throw her out as I am known as a calm person in my office or she would have been on the roads by now for even thinking of advising me.

I laughed sarcastically and rolled my eyes at her as she eyed me confused.

"Did you certainly think you would succeed in sparking some kind of guilt inside me?"

Avani sighed and said, "Then what about your promises? From what I know, you never break them yet you betrayed my dad and cheated on me, Zander".

I smiled coldly, nothing was evident in my eyes that were glaring at her.

"Your dad owes me nothing, Avani neither you do" I stated calmly, "You can believe that I pitied your dad and thought of genuinely doing some social work by accepting his undomesticated daughter".

The next she threw her bag at me which I caught and tossed it back with a smirk plastered on my lips.

"Honestly Avani, did you assume that I liked you?" I asked and sighed feeling utterly disappointed in her, "You and I both knew that our relationship was just an agreement and after marriage, I wouldn't have given you any rights of being my wife and you happily agreed, didn't you?"

She rolled her eyes while she looked feral, "Fuck you".

She raised her middle finger at me while I calmly remained in my chair and responded sarcastically, "Sorry I have a wife for that".

She slams her both hands on the table before leaving her chair while glaring at me with those angry eyes that were burning with rage.

"You will bleed in tears, Zander. Mark my words as your sweet little wife isn't what you take her to be, "She smirked and threw some photos on the table which taillight under my eyes, "See, she's extremely cozy with your best friend. I truly think she doesn't need you to make her happy".

I glared at Avani and then glided my gaze through the photos showing several pics of my wife hugging Seung, in some of them, they were laughing together, and in some Seung staring at her with such fondness turned my heart.