Chapter 2 - Midst Epic Blunder

~ZANDER~

"VENICE?"

My voice filled with bitterness as I shouted, unable to accept that the Desi woman had once again managed to annoy me, making me feel like a complete idiot.

I scanned the hall, looking for any trace of my younger brother who is staying with me temporarily while Xavier and Aarna enjoy their honeymoon. Despite our troubled relationship, I didn't mind when they departed Venice with me, as I longed for some quality time together.

To be exact, we are three Walsh heirs also brothers - Xavier, Venice, and I. Xavier is the middle one who used to be extremely close with me but not anymore as we have our differences only if he knew how much I despise him but fortunately, his luck is on his side which is why he is saved every time I try to hurt him emotionally. Nowadays his business is not even his priority because he's in love with his Indian wife who is extremely violent in terms of defending herself. Now when I think of their fluffy love it sounds kind of rubbish to me.

Love, what kind of joke it is. It's not like being in love can heal anyone or make everything beautiful around you even if you are at your worst. It's nothing more than hormonal imbalance which happens once in a while to everyone but that doesn't mean love doesn't exist, I know it does exist but it's not anymore for me.

I chuckled feeling more galled because of this love shit surrounding me these days. People fall in love, get bored of each other, cheat on each other, and dump each other; that's what reality is but no one is going to learn unless they are hurt.

"VENICE!" I raised my voice again but no response so I got off the couch and went upstairs - he wasn't there, not even on the roof but I spotted him in the garden near the puny gallery of fresh lilies.

This little guy!

I quickly went down to him and asked in a dry tone, "Why don't you ever listen to me, little one ?"

He finally snapped his head at me, his dark blue eyes instantly reminded me of our mother's so I quickly looked away.

"Because you don't ever listen to me either, Big bro" He sighed heavily as if all burden was on his shoulders instead of mine.

He was closing his palm so tightly, that it didn't go unseen by me, nor did his words affect me as I kept staring blankly at his fist all this time.

"What's inside your fist, Venice?" I inspected curiously because of his fishy behavior because he was desperately trying to cover up something.

Hesitated, he finally unclenched his fist revealing a beautiful butterfly that quivered its colorful wings trying to fly but couldn't as one of them was broken slightly.

"Can you save her, Brother?" He practically pleaded but with a sense of hesitancy

He gazes at me hopefully as I just take that butterfly in my palm and glimpse one leg broken of it, which only means she won't survive and an easy death is the only option for this beautiful creature so I just place it on one of the lilies and turn to leave with a unemotional expression.

"Why aren't you doing anything?" He asked extremely worried about that creature which was still fluttering on that flower to survive but sadly she couldn't no matter what...