Chapter 12 - Midst Platonic Love

~ ZANDER ~

She isn't mine but still, I want to guard her around, especially around other men, and at the same time push her away so far that she can't find her way back to me ever again

I was so relieved when I heard she had been thrown out of her company which meant she could no longer be Venice's stylist but when I saw her at the building where I had bought a new apartment recently for Venice as a gift right across the road to the mansion so he can have a friendly peaceful environment.

"You did her dirty, Zane. You left her on the rooftop of that building right after you bailed her from that doctor?"

I couldn't help but chuckle at Seung's speculation and kept staring at the screen of my laptop which was giving me the view of her sleeping soundly on the rooftop unaware of her surroundings.

"I think that's enough, you should stop this and bring her back, " He strongly demanded which irritated me.

I arched an eyebrow at him and shook my head with only apathy veiling my eyes as this woman needs to stay away from me as much as possible and if I had taken her under my roof, she might have mistaken it as something else and teased me nevertheless.

"No, she needs to understand that someone like me would never feel anything for someone like her, " I strongly stated while keeping my eyes on the screen.

Seung just sighed and sat on the couch as I kept staring at the live camera footage of the rooftop where I had left her on the mattress with a woolen blanket covering her body which was kind of me after everything she had done to me.

I wasn't even surprised to see her in that miserable state last night, she was reeking of alcohol and entirely wasted as she kept mumbling nonsense that in the early morning I just chose to give her the taste of my cold revenge and left her on the rooftop.

"Are you trying to convince her or yourself?" Seung just rolled his eyes while I just leaned back on the chair comfortably.

"Either way, she must stay out of my life," I scoffed feeling agitated at her sole existence.

He again rolled his eyes, "Says the guy who always gets extra possessive whenever he sees her with another man".

I throw a pen at him which he catches efficiently and smirks, "Next time find a gun, maybe then you can win against me".

I quirked an eyebrow at him as his eyes and expressions were speaking another thing, he was confident and appeared dangerous these days but what I didn't understand that what had changed him.

"Seung where are you going?"

He flipped his front hair lock and eyed me amusingly, "To greet a beautiful girl who is a victim of a cold and arrogant asshole".