Chapter 14 - Midst More Than Madness

~ ZANDER ~

Two weeks have passed since I last saw her which was that night when she simply defied me and took off with my best friend (Seung )

Two weeks have passed since I last saw her which was that night when she simply defied me and took off with my best friend (Seung ). It is still causing my insides to burn with something unknown but I am aware what I felt was ampler than just a fit of simple jealousy.

I just wanted her to be out of my life permanently and it seems to happen as she hasn't annoyed me since but I don't know why I am feeling so devoid ever since even my engagement preparations are coming off dull. I have no interest in them either yet Simran has no value to even bother my peace but she's bothering even with her absence.

Is it because of her or is it just in my head? Maybe I am being too much...

"Zander, Isn't this dress perfect for tonight?"

I heard Avani chirp with joy as we were at our selected designer boutique for our engagement dress fittings. Unfortunately, our engagement is tonight due to Mr. Merchant's constant requests to quicken the ceremony so at least, we can get engaged before I fly to Australia for the annual business meetups as it will take maybe a month or two there for me to return.

I didn't even bother to look up at her and kept scrolling up at my tablet still wondering why my best friend would be that defensive towards a girl he barely knows.

Is Seung hiding something from me? Or does he just find Simran attractive?

"You will certainly like the collection here, I assure you," This familiar voice couldn't escape my ears because somewhere I desired to hear it again.

My eyes ran across the hall and fixed on a particular woman stepping inside with a confident smile on her lips and a pleasant mischievous glint in her brown eyes. My gaze narrowed with outrage when I glimpsed her hand curled around a manly arm as if she belonged to him.

"Sameer, won't it be too much for a bribe? I certainly don't want to rob you as I do have a big heart which is filled with great kindness so I will just go easy on you only for today," She chuckled softly and that man just laughed at her quirkiness.

Isn't he the same doctor I saved her from that day? What is she doing with him here? Do they know each other?

"Isn't she the same girl, that Simran? Well, that's a surprise that she isn't with Seung because I genuinely thought that he liked her but this clever girl has so many men wrapped around her little finger," Avani's sharp words were like a dagger to my cold psyche as I couldn't find accuracy in them.