Chapter 13 - More Than You know

~ SIMRAN ~

"What was that back there?"

His voice hits me like an alarm triggering over my head almost ready to detonate but I also could feel the care fibbing underneath his questioning tone, he's the same old extra protective of me.

"What was, what back there?" I retorted arrogantly and got a finger flick on my forehead.

"Oww, maar kyon rahe ho?" I yelled and he twice flicked my forehead.

| Oww, why are you hitting me?|

"Tum ho problem meri maa, it's you!" I gasped at him and blinked my eyes repeatedly.

| You are the problem, my mother, it's you|

Kim Seung Jae, the best friend of my future husband speaks Hindi, the native language of India so fluently that I even forgot that he can do anything so speaking Hindi is nothing.

Damn, I forgot that he can speak thirteen languages including Hindi so fluently that no one can even differentiate his accents as he expertly converses them in each language accordingly.

"Tum itni besharam kabse ho gayi?" He crossed his arms with a menacing look in his eyes while I sighed casually.

|When did you become this shameless? |

"Seung look, don't treat me like a minor okay!" I rolled my eyes at him and he again flicked my forehead that hurt. 

Feeling provoked, I flicked his cheek and he groaned just like me while giving me a lethal look but not that I cared knowing he loved me too much so he wouldn't murder me.

"Simran!" He warned me and I just sighed quickly wrapping my arms around his tensed shoulders to rub his back so he would stop fretting this much.

I can feel his concern through his tensed body that he's scared of losing me, that I matter to him more than his friendship, and it is inevitable since I have spent four years of my life with him in Seoul.

"I'll be fine, Seung. Trust me I know what I am doing and I will succeed," I said still engulfed in his protective arms.

This man who is holding me like I am his only family left is none other than the man who gave me my face, a new life to live as Simran, and to begin from scratch to live life the way I always wished it to be.

Only a fool wouldn't know who Kim Seung Jae is, he's the youngest and one of the most famous plastic surgeons in the world.

He's the man who was there with me when I needed someone so badly, who remained by my side when I was so broken and guided me toward the light. He taught me to be bold, smart, and confident, how to love myself before anybody, and constantly reminded me that I was never alone.