Chapter 39 - More Than A Threat

~ SIMRAN ~

My eyes fluttered repeatedly and then they glided lazily across my room where I sensed someone holding my wrist, as it got clearer I saw, that I was being examined by a lady doctor who was studying my face while checking my pulse. Immediately, I understood I must have passed out due to mental pressure. I cursed myself for being too fragile and then took a deep breath straining to react and deliberately opened my mouth in a calmed manner.

"Where is my husband?"

I inquired and the doctor replied, "Outside, Mrs. Walsh. I must say he is an impatient man when it's about you, he wasn't even letting me examine you in peace so I had to escort him out".

A smile breaks through my silent lips knowing that he truly cares for me. I know in his heart, he still thinks of Ruhi, she lives rent-free inside him but I do too, I also reside in his soul. Even though I was Ruhi but I can't be that person anymore also I need to tell him the truth.

I have to tell him the truth...

"Can you call him?"

I asked her while moving a little but she urged me to stay still and smiled softly while shaking her head.

"It's not good for you to take stress or make the sudden move right now, Mrs. Walsh," She suggested while readying an injection for me and continued, "It's because your body has weakness and it only causes' you aren't eating well or stressing over so much which is not a good state for the little life inside you now".

Her last words confused me more, did she just say a life?

"What do you mean, doctor?"

She smiled more warmly now, "Congratulations dear, you are three weeks pregnant".

It was like my world had been arrested right there at that moment, my insides screamed in fear and anxiety when I recalled that I had been pregnant before but lost it now again I am and it's just...then I frowned and glanced at her.

"Doctor, does my husband know?"

I asked feeling stressed because I should be the one to tell him this.

She shook her head and I quickly took her hand in mine in desperation, don't know why but I wanted to be the one to tell him not some doctor. I will tell him everything from beginning to end and just expect him to understand me.

"I wish to tell him the good news by myself, doctor so please don't tell him anything now," I reasoned with her nicely.

The doctor quickly nodded understanding what I meant and it made me relieved.

"Okay, I have prescribed some medicines which you should take and eat healthy foods, " She softly advised me of the necessary things.

I nodded and saw her departing, and then my eyes paused at my husband who instantly hurried inside and talked with the doctor before walking to me while I put my hands on my belly not sure what to do now as I didn't know if Zander would want a kid with me now.... I don't know...

"Simran!" His deep voice was like healing therapy for me as I just leaned to him as his hand palmed my right cheek so gently that I melted into his arms.

"I am okay," I assured him feeling his concern through the warmth of his hand that was shivering but slowly calmed down under my warmth.

His oceanic eyes held too much tension as if anything bad that happened to me would just snatch his heart out which solaced my soul a little realizing how much I meant to him.

"Do you want to tell me anything?" He asked me softly

In reply, my eyes met his stormy ones, and my lips brushed to his palm before I raised my upper body to rest my head on his shoulder and to be embraced by his warmth that only provided me some strength and energy because what I am feeling right now is terrifying me to the core.