Chapter 35 - More Than A Horror

~ SIMRAN ~

"Mr. Ajay, the thing is you have been delaying on consignment for weeks now when they were delivered on time before," A man stated his concern, "Is there something wrong?"

My ears were on alert, and my body quickly pressed to the slightly opened door of the study where my cruel Mama Ji (Maternal Uncle) was talking with some of his clients.

"The problem is that brat," He snorted in disgust and rubbed his temples, "But don't worry, I have already a backup and know how to tackle her out of my way".

Is he talking about me? Yeah, it's always about me.

The smile I had before on my lips because of my Zane has disappeared somewhere, the tingles I was feeling right now because of the love I made with him for the second time have faded somewhere and been replaced with fear.

Even though my first time with him was quite interesting like he wasn't keen at all, he refused to even kiss me as it incited him to lose control. This step was too early for him even if it was for me but I couldn't just restrain him anymore. I needed him wholly whether it was emotionally or physically. Our age difference has always bugged him, it coerced him to take me as a fragile girl who doesn't understand the difference between attraction and love but I know that I love him wholeheartedly.

"Are you sure, Ajay? Ruhi is eighteen now and you have to return her rights as was mentioned in the will".

It clicked, and my hands fly over my mouth only to realize that the man in front of my eyes has been treating me like shit only because he wanted to snatch my property and business.

"Don't worry, Mr. Merchant. I have it all handled, she won't be a problem anymore".

I retreated away from the door as soon as I heard their footsteps approaching and concealed myself in the corner of a wall with my body pressed together in a way that I was not moving an inch and breathed in relief when they just left.

Phew!

I quickly took off to my mother's room and froze when I witnessed it empty and all the stuff packed, the whole room seemed like no one lived there before.

I stepped back and my fingers tapped on my phone screen to call Zander but suddenly realized that he had boarded the plane to London which meant I can't contact him right now.

Where is Ma?

My eyes glided to the pitch-black room and my breath stuck in my throat when I noticed a shadow in the corner of the closet's room. The room felt even cold and the walls looked like if it made of charcoal all of a sudden everything felt so dark and lost.

"MA?"

I asked lowly as I began walking toward the switchboard to turn on the light, "Is it you?"

I shook my head knowing she couldn't move, she couldn't be here so it meant...

The shadow moved as if felt my fear, it stepped towards me and came into the dimmed light of the night lamp revealing his face.

"Vivaan?"

My eyes dilated and anger flared inside me as I realized it was the man who broke me on my birthday, stomped on my soul, and walked over me like I was nothing to him.

"Oh, I just love how my name rolls from the pretty tongue of yours," He groaned.

I felt sick by his sight and stepped back in horridness.