Chapter 25 - Midst More Than A Simple Lust

~ ZANDER ~

"I love you, Zane".

My eyes locked with hers who was lying on the bed beside him with a bright smile on her lips

My eyes locked with hers who was lying on the bed beside him with a bright smile on her lips. She seemed happy so my heart was because she was mine now forever, my Ruhi.

"I love you more and you know it," She told me happily. 

In return, I just pressed a kiss on her forehead as she snuggled more into me.

"Is your dad still angry with you?" She asked me softly

I sighed recalling how he just refused to even listen to that I am in love and wish to marry this beautiful woman in my arms.

I accept she's just eighteen while I am twenty-five but she only asked me to marry her as soon as possible for a crucial reason; it's the least I can do to prove that I am serious about her and our relationship for me means everything, especially her.

I don't know what has been bothering her and scaring her to this extent but I am sure that she needs me as much as I need her and I am happy as long as she allows me to be with her.

So, I have decided that I'll marry Ruhi as soon as she desires. I don't need to know anything until she is ready to let me be a part of her pain as well as I am part of her happiness.

"Zane, Are we getting married tomorrow ?"

I smiled and pressed my lips to hers as we were surrounded by my paintings and lying on the mattress enclosed in each other's arms in the middle of the day, the sun rays were glistening the whole room including us, especially her beautiful brown orbs that were gleaming with happiness while her delicate fingers caressed my chin as I was still kissing her trying to pour my feelings for her and felt her smile constantly as she kissed me back with equal intensity. 

I believe it now, falling in love is truly a great feeling, she gives me expectancy that I'll be fine.

Who would have believed that a bleak painter like me would ever be able to find too many colors in a desert kind of canvas of his life in the form of her?

Before her, I used to believe nothing could make me happy again as my dad hadn't left any day to rub that I was never enough for him, he hated me just because I chose my passion over his precious business and came here to pursue my dreams instead. I guess he won't ever understand what my art means to me, at least it is way better than the miserable life he was lending me. My choice has brought me to Ruhi who is my happiness now, just seeing her happy makes my heart flutter so badly.

"Zane, are you okay?" She touched my cheek as I just nuzzled my nose into her neck trying to breathe her scent.

"I'm more than okay with you, just be with me," It wasn't a question, I was telling her that I always wanted her with me.