Chapter 29 - Midst More Than A Confession

~ Simran ~

Lost, crumbled, and engulfed in misery I just kept staring blankly at the blank sky, thunders cracked in the blank canvas of that sky, brightening it all for a few minutes, and then again it was the darkness that my eyes could only witness right now

Zander, if I ever disappeared, would you look for me?

I sighed heavily and felt stupid for even asking that but at the same time, I felt irritated at my husband who is too ignorant to even know what happened to his Ruhi and what that fucking asshole made her go through all those years?

Investor, my jutti. Saala Mama haramkhor!

{ My shoes, bloody asshole maternal Uncle }

"What was that downstairs?"

His loud voice passed through one ear to another but there was no response.

"None of your business, " I gritted angrily as my hands clenched the railing of the balcony.

In one swing, I was in his strong embrace, his uneven heartbeats knocked against my right cheek as his warm hand stroked my exposed back. Surprisingly, I felt at ease as if he was also a cure for my anxiety.

"But, you are my business, Simran" He softly told me as I slowly tilted my head just to see him.

I melted entirely against him knowing I needed this hug and him.

His raw, intense, and troubled oceanic orbs were piercing through mine as his grip around my waist relaxed but the warmth was still oozing there. My mouth dried when he sucked in a sharp breath before pressing his nose to mine so I can only focus on him, his handsome face and those stunning eyes, and also those messy hairs that were speaking the story of his frustration over my flipped behaviour.

Awe, he is still so gentle...my Zane is still there in him just like Ruhi is struggling inside me every single moment...

"Simran, why did you do that?" He asked me warmly

Immediately I jerked away, quitting his warmth and love due to the fire raging inside me, looking for an escape but at the same time I was unable to do anything, I was helpless.

"Simran?"

He frowned attempting to reach out to me again but I rejected by stepping back not wanting him to ease me cause' I wish to burst right now.

"WHAT?" I screamed as loud as I could and mocked him, "You call yourself a businessman but do you have ethics? Or do you ever investigate your investors?"