Chapter 4

Early the next morning, after breakfast, Jiang Zichun told Bai Po that he would go to the city. Some medicines for headaches, brain fever, and bruises that were always prepared at home were in short supply. To fill up these commonly used drugs.

After eating, people went.

Although their family had never farmed and relied on crops to make ends meet, they still had a few acres of Susukida. Jiang Zichun set aside an acre of land to grow some side dishes, and the rest of the land was used to grow herbs.

They are all herbs that are easy to grow and cook, and they are not worth a lot of money. On weekdays, when the herbs are ripe, they are harvested and taken to the big medicine hall in the city to sell.

Bai Po had just harvested some mature medicinal herbs to sell in the city, and now Jiang Zichun went to the city empty-handed.

After his father left the house, Bai Chi was still a little uncomfortable, but after going back to bed and sleeping for an extra hour, he felt much better.

He took a small hoe and wanted to weed weeds in the medicinal herb field. The wormwood planted in the field was already lush and lush. If he didn't go to look at it often during the day, he was afraid that someone would pick up a few plants with dirty hands and feet, although it was not worth much. Money, but if one person spoils a little, there is nothing to gain.

It's the same reason that folks in the village are afraid of people digging melons and stealing vegetables when farming.

Whenever his father was free, he came to pick up the medicinal grass field, and there was not much weed to hoe, so Bai Chi's trip was in vain.

In his heart, he wished to do all the things he used to do, and he couldn't be idle when he went home, so he took a small backpack and prepared to go up the mountain to try his luck.

It is said that they rely on the mountains to eat the mountains, and the herbal doctors like them are the same. The little herbs in the field and the cost of seeing a doctor are not enough for their family, so they have to go up the mountain to pick some herbs to subsidize.

Herbs are scattered in the mountains, but most of them are more valuable than those grown in the fields. Herb halls in the city also like to harvest them. For this reason, there are special people who make a living by collecting herbs in the mountains. Similar to hunters, they live in the mountains all year round. In the meantime, I would go down the mountain and take the things I had accumulated once to sell in the city.

However, this is mostly a job that only half-doctors who know herbs but can't treat diseases do, but those with better medical skills can't do it. After all, it is a hard, tiring and unstable job, and there is a good way out. Who would be happy to do it.

During this period, the busy season of spring planting and farming has just passed, and the farmers have a little leisure time, which is not as busy as in the spring. When Bai Ke went up the mountain, he met several villagers going up the mountain to cut firewood.

When the villagers saw Bai Po, they would greet him and ask Dr. Jiang. Bai Po felt kind, and chatted with the villagers with a smile.

"Brother Po, Brother Po!"

Bai Po was talking and laughing with his fellow villagers as they walked up the mountain, when suddenly a hurried shout broke through the wind, and everyone turned their heads after hearing the sound, only to see a woman with a big arm and a round waist flirtatiously. Starting to run over, it was Mrs. Qin who slaughtered pigs in the village.

"Doctor Jiang is at home. My Er Niu is howling with a stomachache. I want to ask Dr. Jiang to come!

" The

woman sweated anxiously on her brow: "What should I do, Dr. Jiang is not at home, and I don't know when he will be back, the child's face is turning pale from the pain.

" Seeing the woman spinning around on the dirt slope, talking non-stop, he was really worried about the child, he comforted him and said: "Auntie, why don't you go to another village to hire a doctor, my father won't be back for a while. " When the

woman heard Bai Po's words, she became even more anxious. It took several hours to go to other villages and go back and forth. Who knows if he is at home? When she was thinking about what to do, she looked at Bai Po and suddenly her eyes lit up: "Brother Po, why don't you run with me."

Bai Po's eyebrows moved slightly: "I've never been to the doctor before, so don't you worry about Mrs. Qin?" The

woman took Bai Po's arm and said, "You follow Dr. Jiang, who will take the medicine for headache, brain fever, hemostasis and blood stasis on weekdays ?" It's not all matched by you, just go and take a look, the child is in great pain."

Bai Ke pursed his lips, turned around and saw that everyone was looking at him eagerly, since everyone has witnessed that it was Mrs. Qin who invited him He went to help. If there is something wrong, it is better than being alone, and he also has other selfish intentions: "Okay, let me take a look first, and it will be easier to talk to him when my father comes back later." Hurry up." The

woman then responded with a sigh of relief.

Bai Po went to the Qin family together with the woman. Both the Qin family and his wife were fierce, and they lived a good life by butchering pigs. The yard was also built to be large and spacious. If you provoke someone, if you provoke him, you can scare people with two big butcher's knives just by fighting.

"Er Niu, Brother Bai Po has come to see you."

As soon as Bai Po arrived in the yard, he heard the wailing of a child in the house. As if she was in pain, Mrs. Qin rushed into the room to comfort the child.

The Qin family's family is not bad in the village, but they only have one son, and the couple love each other very much.

Bai Po felt the child's pulse, and looked at Yan'er, a chubby boy of eight or nine years old, lying on the bed squatting, his wrists were thicker than his. He withdrew his hand and asked Mrs.

Qin: "Do you have symptoms of vomiting or diarrhea?

"

The cow is full and stagnant, have you been eating too much meat recently?"

Mrs. Qin nodded again and again: "The pigs are slaughtered at home. The meat tends to change taste when the weather is hot. I try to eat the unsold ones as much as possible. These days, there is meat on the table almost every day at home, and a new pig was slaughtered yesterday. The

same is true for Bai Jian: "Gourd the gourd and garlic, digest the grains and transform the meat①, and give some to Erniu. For a while, don't eat big fish and meat, eat light and easy to digest."

He added: "Pediatric abdominal distension , Stir-fried with salt to rub the abdomen②. Mrs. Qin stir-fried the salt with hu powder until the color changes, and rubbed the abdomen."

Said, Bai Po also demonstrated the massage techniques and acupuncture points for the woman.

The woman looked at Bai Po's eloquence and precise technique, with a smile on her face, and hurriedly followed suit. After teaching people, Bai

Po got up and said: "Nothing else, if Mrs. Qin is worried or if it doesn't work tomorrow, you can come back later when my father comes back."

Sent out of the yard: "According to what you said, if the child still barks tomorrow, I'll trouble Dr. Jiang again. Thank you for today, Brother Po."

Bai Po waved his hand.

"This elder brother can also see a doctor? Why didn't his father come, don't talk nonsense about the wrong treatment."

Er Niu's grandmother heard that the child was uncomfortable and came to see him, just in time to see Mrs. Qin sending Bai Po away.

"Doctor Jiang's medical skills are no worse than the doctors in the city. The children he teaches can be treated in disorder. Besides, Brother Renpo is very good."

"There is only such a single seedling in the family, so be careful."

"Doctor Jiang I have gone out, who knows when I will come back, I will do what Brother Po said first, and if it doesn't work, I will go to Doctor Jiang, and everyone should go back by then." After saying that, Mrs.

Qin called her old mother to come in Go to the house and make medicine for the child together.

Bai Po was going up the mountain, but this morning was interrupted, and the sun climbed to the top of the mountain after coming out of Qin's house. But thinking about bringing all the dry food with him, it would be a pity not to go up, so he hesitated a little, picked a small lotus leaf on the side of the roadside pond and covered it on the top of his head, and went up the mountain.

At that time, there were not many people going up the mountain. Those who went up the mountain early gathered two bundles of firewood and carried them down the mountain. Bai Po hurriedly walked, but he heard footsteps behind him.

Bai Po turned his head, and saw a young man with his head slightly lowered, looking a little dull, not too far behind him.

I don't know when this person followed him, but there is such a path that the big guys at the foot of the mountain often take, so it is not surprising that someone followed him, so he didn't make a sound, just walked up the mountain at a fast pace.

About half an hour later, Bai Po realized that the people behind him were still following him. If he went up the mountain to cut firewood or hunt, he would usually go to the area with lush trees, and to gather herbs would go to the sunny place with many weeds , this man has followed him for so long without parting ways, it seems that he followed him on purpose.

There are few people on the mountain, and it is necessary to guard against others. Seeing that the man was facing a familiar villager, Bai Po asked, "Brother, do you go up the mountain to cut firewood or hunt?" The

man said, "I'll follow you."

Bai Po's eyebrows tightened "What are you doing with me?" The man pouted

, "My father and your father are right about our birthdays, and they are suitable. You promised me, and I will go up the mountain to look at you."

Then he guessed that this person was the fifth son of the Liu family in his father's mouth, and just watched how an honest man would open his mouth to destroy people's reputation.

Even so, Bai Po still spoke kindly: "Maybe there was some misunderstanding, my father didn't promise me to anyone, so don't delay Fifth Brother Liu to choose a good wife."

But the man ignored Bai Po's euphemism, and said directly: "Although the Jiang family is poor, I like your good-looking birth. If you give me two sons in the future, you won't have to go up the mountain to collect herbs to subsidize the family, let alone you. Take the herbs and go to the city to show your face, and take care of the house at home with the children, and I will definitely not starve you." As

if a stone rolled over and blocked his chest impartially, Bai Ke almost couldn't breathe after hearing these words Get up.

In today's prosperous age, the law is enlightened, brothers and sisters can go to the market to sell loudly and do some small business, not only no one looks down on them, but they are also proud of being able to make money.

Even officials and eunuchs have a lot of property and manage shops. In recent years, merchants have blossomed everywhere, and it is rare to hear Liu Wu's words.

Bai Po immediately said: "I am a brother of a herbal doctor. I have always liked to go to the mountains to collect herbs and I don't think it is hard. Brother Liu, don't say these things anymore. I am the only brother in the family who lives with my father. Now I'm still young, and I still want to honor my father for two years, and I don't have the intention of getting married, so I'm afraid I'll disappoint Fifth Brother Liu's kindness."

"There are no two families in this village better than our Liu family. My father is Landlord, elder brother works in the mansion of officials and dignitaries in the city, can you meet someone better than me?"

Liu Wu was reticent in the village, and rarely chatted with the villagers, he was not as good as his elder brother in the village. He is sleek in doing things in the mansion in Fucheng, but he is tall and often helps his father in the village's fields. It has earned a good reputation among the villagers for being practical and capable. Compared with his brother, the villagers are more willing to treat him The sister and son married her.

It's just that Bai Po didn't expect that this honest and responsible person would speak very complacently.

Not to mention that he had no intention of getting married in the first place, but now that he knew that Liu Wu was such a person, it was even more unbearable to match him.

"Whether the family is rich or not is second. The most important thing is whether the two get along. Brother Liu and I are afraid that we won't get along because of our temperament.

After saying that, Bai Po turned around and wanted to leave.

Liu Wu was given a cold face, even if he didn't understand, he knew that he was rejected, but this time he didn't continue to chase after him.

He just stood where he was, still looking up at his honest-looking face, but said in his mouth: "Do you dare to agree, and you father and son will never have a good time in the village in the future."

---------- ----------

The author has something to say:

①②The medical knowledge presented in this article from "Compendium of Materia Medica"

is all fabricated on the basis of medical theory, and there is not much practicality. Have fun, don't Imitation oh.