Chapter 49

After the completion of the Academy, the sundries left during the construction were cleaned up, and garden workers moved in to plant plants one after another.

There were some old locust trees on the originally planned land, and they were preserved during the construction. Now that the academy building is completed, the vegetation has not been fully planted, but it does not feel bare.

Although Bai Po can see the progress of the academy every day, it takes a long distance to see the construction of the classrooms after entering the gate. Since the fence is enclosed, he can't see the progress inside.

It was the first time for him to enter the academy after the construction of the building was completed.

Entering from the Zhumen next to the medical hall, there is a huge screen wall like a mansion of a rich family, with the four characters of Qingshan Academy engraved on it.

After passing the big stone wall, there is an open field paved with bluestone, with corridor eaves on the left and right.

He was thinking that thousands of people could stand on such a big land.

"Bai Po, come here." Hearing the

sound, Ning Muyan raised his head, and Ning Muyan was inspecting the plants brought in by the gardeners not far away.

Bai Po ran over to the square: "What kind of vegetation do you want to plant?"

Ning Muyan retreated from the people following him on the left and right, and Qing Mo also retreated wisely.

"Golden osmanthus is indispensable in autumn, and the four gentlemen of plum, orchid, bamboo, and chrysanthemum are often planted in the academy, and I added some pines and cypresses."

Ning Muyan took the white scorpion up the veranda and walked in, and there was no one around him. Holding Bai Po: "There are already some pagoda trees and camphor trees in the academy, but there is no need to plant too many other things."

Bai Po looked around, but just as Ning Muyan said, he had already used the green plants for himself, and planted them again just to let them grow. The academy has the atmosphere that scholars often come and go.

The corridor is halfway through, and the building is only seen this morning.

Ning Muyan introduced: "Buildings are separated in four directions, east, west, north, and south."

"The east courtyard facing the rising sun is the classroom for students, and it is also the largest of several courtyards. It is the first courtyard and the second courtyard. The first courtyard is for scholars and above, and the second courtyard is mainly for children and enlightenment classrooms."

Bai Po listened intently, although he had never studied in the academy, but he saw such a good building and the meticulous division His classroom is fascinating, let alone a scholar.

"Does Dean Ning want to take the students?"

"Naturally." Ning Muyan said: "But it hasn't been decided yet, and we have to call all the masters for a meeting in two days.

" Far away is the West Courtyard: "This is not a big place, it is the place where the Master meets and works on weekdays. The South Courtyard is the sleeping place for the students, and the North Courtyard is the cafeteria." The

east, west, south, north and four courtyards are surrounded by four courtyards, and the central part is the garden lotus pond. Pavilions and waterside pavilions.

Out of the main four buildings, there is a single building connected by a corridor in the northeast, which is the library.

On the southwest side is another large pasture that has not been paved with stone slabs: "It is the place where you practice archery and defense in the Six Arts. I plan to ask the gardeners to plant pine trees here.

" In the corner of the house, I don't know that there are many other things in it.

"I'm afraid it will cost a lot to build this dynasty."

Ning Muyan laughed: "If I lose all my family wealth, will you support me?"

Bai Po took a step back: "If so, then I can get it Let's reconsider our relationship."

Ning Muyan stretched out his hand and pulled him back: "Look, I scared you. The Ning family has a deep foundation. In the early years when the west of the city was still a wasteland, it was in the hands of the Ning family, except for the few shops bought at the door. , and the rest of the land is his own."

"The cost is the construction, and the remuneration of the masters behind. These are affordable."

Bai Po raised his eyebrows.

"By the way, I left a small piece of space at the back of the medical hall. I will take this opportunity to expand it. I see that it is not easy to renovate the medical hall, so I have to build wider. The front yard of the medical hall is okay, but The backyard is too narrow." Bai Po's eyebrows twitched slightly: "Are you disliking

me for going to the hospital first?" "How could it be?" Ning Muyan said, "I live in even poor and poor places.

However, the medical hall is clean and sheltered from the wind and rain, which is already very good. It's just that I think it's not forced by the form and it's hard." Ning Muyan leaned into Bai Po's ear and whispered: "Why let my father-in-law live comfortably? So simple and simple."

Bai Po thought the same thing, sleeping in a dilapidated temple when the exile was good in the past, eating and sleeping in the open when the bad time, what's wrong now. It's okay for them to suffer a little bit, and there is really no need to make his father suffer.

It's just...

"No matter how good the plan is, did the young master forget that it is someone else's shop, and I just rent it."

Ning Muyan laughed: "No matter how busy I am, I won't forget about your business "

After saying that, he took out a land deed from his body and handed it to Bai Ke.

"It's the land deed of the medical clinic!"

Bai Po's eyes lit up when he saw it, and he put it in his arms happily, but after a while, he asked: "How much did you buy it for? I owe the young master first, and the medical clinic has a good income." , it shouldn't be long before the money can be returned to the young master."

"Do you have to be so polite to me?"

Bai Po raised his eyebrows, but it's not always the case, it's just that some people sometimes search extra: "It's still necessary to be clear when

settling accounts." , then remember the money for buying the medical center first, and deduct it from the dowry when the time comes."

Bai Jian took a breath silently, very good, the monthly money was deducted before, but now the gift money is deducted, I think you can deduct it in the future what.

"Although the academy has been completed, I have to be busy for a while now."

Bai Po knew that many things were complicated when the master entered the academy and recruited students. Things have to be done step by step, but it's actually pretty good now.

"As long as you are busy, I also have things to do." Bai Ke raised his eyebrows: "I am not a clingy ghost."

"I am." Ning Muyan said: "I have already told my grandmother that things in the academy have been complicated recently. , This side is well built, and I will live here these days."

Bai Jian coughed dryly, knowing it, and walked to the side with his lips pursed with a smile.

After the plaque was hung in Qingshan Academy, young men gathered outside the gate every day to watch it.

Ning Muyan led the masters of the academy to hold discussions all day long, and issued an announcement that all scholars can go to the academy for a tour, and there are special people who introduce the layout of the academy, and there are a lot of people coming and going.

I heard that Qingshan Academy not only teaches books, etiquette and music, but also has a special riding and shooting field for learning riding and riding.

Gentlemen learn the six arts, but not everyone is rich enough to learn the six arts. The opening of Qingshan Academy has surpassed many academies. The environment of the academy is excellent and it is very spacious, which undoubtedly makes many students yearn for it.

However, just because everything in the academy is excellent, the children from poor families will inevitably worry about the cost of repairing.

However, the academy soon issued an announcement that the tuition fees for different stages of study were different, but it was almost the same as ordinary academies, and even more affordable than many private schools.

While the students were happy, they saw the notice saying that school examinations were required for admission, and they became anxious for a while, but that was the case, and the scholars who wanted to sign up were still like a fish in a river.

Bai Po and Jiang Zichun saw the long queue outside every day, from dawn to dusk.

Jiang Zichun said: "The location of our medical center is good, and it will be easy for my grandson to go to school in the future."

Bai Po was packing the whole herbal medicine, and when his father said this, he put down his work and ran to Jiang Zichun's consultation desk with a smile : "Father is sure that his grandson can go to Qingshan Academy. Didn't he see that he has to take a school entrance examination? Dean Ning is very strict."

Jiang Zichun said with a smile: "You also went to Ningfu to take care of Mrs. Ning and Mrs. Ning. Young master, it's not easier to show off your face and beg for favors in the future than others." "Father

will say begging for favors."

Jiang Zichun was cheerful, handed the bundled medicine package to the drug boy, and pulled the white scorpion and said: "Yesterday, Mrs. Zhang, who was facing the street, came to get medicine and told my father that there was a family who fell in love with our family. She was still a prison guard in the government office. Although she had never entered the ranks, she was still a decent and good family.

" Dad, why do you still have time to make arrangements for these things? You think the medical clinic is not busy enough."

Jiang Zichun said: "Where is it that Dad asks these things, it is those ladies and husbands who always pull Dad and say, thinking I'll just pay attention to your important matters. If you say something about this family, if it's interesting, go and have a look."

"I'm not interesting at all." Bai Po returned to his seat with the medical bag in his arms: " If Dad talks about these things again, I won't go out with Dad for the free clinic."

"Alright, okay, don't talk about it, don't talk about it. We'll talk about this matter after the free clinic."

Jiang Zichun hastily coaxed Bai Po: "Isn't it because I've been watching the children queuing up to sign up for the college all day long, and I'm jealous

." Bai Ke pretended

to be deaf and dumb: "I'm not a blacksmith, why do I forge iron?

"

It's not that Bai Po had joked with Ning Muyan that he wouldn't cling to him for a while, he did have things to be busy with.

This autumn harvest is quite abundant, and the porridge farms in the city are open to serve porridge for the poor. Since their clinic opened this year, thanks to everyone's trust and support, their business has been very good.

Bai Po discussed with Jiang Zichun, and taking advantage of the widespread charity in the city, the father and son simply set up a stall and went out for free clinics for three days, which can be regarded as feedback to the poor people.

What the medical center has to do is not only medical skills, but also a reputation.

After the date of the free clinic is selected, a notice must be posted at the door in advance, and some medicines for common illnesses must be prepared, such as wind and cold medicine, bruises, etc.

These days, I am busy distributing the bundles of medicines. As long as one more bundle is bundled, one more person will be healed. Bai Jian also does as much as possible, and even stays up at night dispensing medicines.

When it was ready, Bai Ke chose the place near the porridge market, which was more convenient for the common people.

On the first day of the free clinic, the father and son closed the door of the clinic, just in time for the construction team to renovate and expand the backyard of the clinic. My family and the medicine boy went to the porridge market with the medicine.

Some people heard about the free clinic earlier, and they waited at the porridge market early in the morning.

Patients lined up in two queues.

In the gentle autumn wind in the morning, the sky has already cooled down. In the cloudy day without the sun, the poor people are still wearing thin clothes, holding their hands in the autumn wind and waiting for the distribution of porridge and medicine. It makes people feel compassionate.

This is the first time for Bai Po to come to the free clinic. When he was a child, he often heard his father tell some stories and anecdotes when he was a doctor. When he was young, he didn't understand why his father was able to spend the first half of his life as a doctor without a fixed place. Drifting around to cure diseases and save lives, now I probably have something in my mind.

"Doctor Jiang's family are really kind-hearted doctors. They have never charged anyone high medical fees when they opened a clinic, and now they come out to set up a free clinic .

"

Vendors in small businesses can't help but comment when they see the free clinic stalls. Even if they don't have ailments to ask for a doctor, it is a good thing to see someone willing to use free clinics, and they may be able to use them someday.

The porridge market was extremely lively today, and there were more people than usual, most of whom came to see a doctor.

Bai Po greeted: "All those with women's diseases come here."

Touching the pulse, interrogating the doctor, and getting needles, Bai Po was so busy that he didn't have any spare time.

On the avenue facing the porridge market, a carriage from outside the city drove into the city. The people in the carriage raised the curtain to look at the old scene in the city, and said, "Madam, you have entered Yongchang Mansion." The

answer was a woman The voice said: "Yes, we are here."

"We will arrive at the mansion soon, and then we can have a good rest to comfort the fatigue of the journey these days."

"I feel tired on the road, but now I feel much better in the city." The woman looked out of the window and said with a slight surprise: "Husband, look, the porridge market in the city has opened."

Shi Zizhan said: "The autumn harvest is here. I heard that the food in Yongchang Mansion is abundant this year. Master Qi will definitely let the porridge open. " field."

The woman smiled gently: "I went to see the porridge when my husband was the magistrate in Fucheng in the past. Many years have passed, so why don't you go and have a look.

" It's not too late to go." The

woman patted Shi Zizhan's hand.

Shi Zizhan said helplessly: "Forget it, madam has been thinking about Fucheng for a long time, and now I can't wait to go for a walk."

At this time, the carriage was stopped, and the couple got out of the carriage together. Shi Zizhan kept supporting the woman, I thought that when I was the prefect in Fucheng, I was still a young boy who had been weak for more than half a year, but now I am already half an old man.

Fucheng is still the same as before, except that the time is rushing by.

The couple walked towards the porridge market together, and saw people coming out with porridge, and some carrying medicine bags.

Shi Zizhan couldn't help calling people to ask: "Is there a doctor in the congee market for free consultation?"

"Yes. There are many people visiting the clinic. If the two of you want to go to see a doctor, you have to hurry up. If it is late, the medicine kits may run out. "

Shi Zizhan and his wife looked at each other and smiled very relieved. There is one more person in the city who can do things for the common people. They all look prosperous. As the parents and officials back then, seeing such a scene is naturally comforting.

The couple dismissed the entourage and wanted to go in to see who the free clinic was.

When I entered the porridge market, I found that there were quite a lot of people seeing the doctor, and they had already lined up in two long lines. Shi Zizhan couldn't help frowning, and asked the people in the team: "Recently there has been an epidemic and cold in the city, why do so many people come to ask for medical

advice?" The woman in front said: "Dr.

Even if there are many people in the clinic, there will naturally be many people who have the opportunity to come for the free clinic."

"Which one of you want to ask a doctor? If it's women's disease, you can see Dr. Jiang on the left side. If it's a man, you can see Dr. Jiang on the other side.

" Go to see two highly respected doctors in the hearts of the people.