Chapter 45

"Why did you go in for so long? How is brother?"

Bai Ke said silently, "It's very good."

Ning Zhengyu glanced at the ancestral hall again, but he still had a little sharp eyesight and didn't continue to ask.

Bai Po went to Bao'an Hall again, and the old lady was already awake, drinking the decoction that Bai Po had boiled when he went there.

After sleeping for a while, the headache didn't continue to hurt, the old lady was less tired, and her complexion has improved a lot.

Bai Po checked the pulse again, and pointed out: "The old lady must keep her mood stable, otherwise it will be easy to induce a recurrence of the disease." The

old lady responded, "It's hard work for you to come back and take a trip."

"This is what I should do Yes ."

After Bai Po finished seeing the old lady, he paced outside Bao'an Hall, considering whether to go back to the medical clinic or go to Tianmendong.

After hesitating for a while, seeing that there was no one around, he quickly ran into the Mu Garden.

"Young master, are you back?"

As soon as he entered, he bumped into San Leng, Bai Po scratched his head in embarrassment, but San Leng seemed to have expected him to come, and went to take his medicine box familiarly .

"The servant just cleaned up the young master's bedroom again, and replaced the bedding with new ones."

Seeing this, Bai Ke said, "I thought you were transferred to other places to do other errands."

"How can that be? Daddy Before the young master left, he asked the servants to take care of Tianmendong as before, saying that it would be convenient for the young master to live in when he came back.

Tianmendong will be cleaned every day." Bai Po pursed his lips and entered the room with a dry cough.

Everything remains the same. "San Leng

, send someone to tell my father that I will take care of the old lady in the house today, and I won't go back tonight."

"Yes."

So he stuck it in, and rubbed left and right, the quilt in the house was the warmest and softest he had ever slept on, and he hadn't laid it down for many days, it really made him wonder.

Later, Bai Po went to the kitchen to make some pastries, and planned to secretly send them to Ning Muyan. Although he thought he was a normal person, he couldn't be hungry all the time.

He put the hot pastry into a food box, and carefully carried it to the ancestral hall. Just outside the door, he saw a person standing in the ancestral hall.

It turned out that the old lady came over.

Bai Po hurriedly hid back a bit, the old lady really couldn't rest, she came to see Ning Muyan again after the headache was relieved, and she was not afraid of being angry again.

The door of the ancestral hall creaked, and the old lady Du walked in.

"Grandmother is here." Ning Muyan had already heard voices from outside in the ancestral hall, the sound of the door opening and the steps coming in. Although the people behind him didn't speak, he still knew who it was: "Is there something wrong with grandma?"

"Trust Your blessing is that you have never been unable to come and see your parents."

"Mu Yan contradicted grandma, and felt guilty." The

old lady said coldly, "I see that you have never felt guilty. I knew it was like this, but I also felt like this ." I did it like that."

After saying that, the old lady knew that it was useless to say these innocuous words here, and she was afraid that just another quarrel would make the family even more restless.

Ning Muyan is already like the emperor asking for an order not to enter the palace examination, and she will never have a chance in the future. The matter has come to this point, and it is meaningless to say more. Now she has calmed down: "You have been smart since you were a child, and your parents, teachers, and clansmen People value you, and you have never done anything disobedient, so what is going on now?"

"The situation in the court is turbulent, if you enter the court this time, you will definitely be involved in the court situation, and your grandson knows better than anyone what will happen to the Ning family. Ning Muyan said: "Grandmother, I am the eldest son of my father. I have been taught by my father's words and deeds since I was a child. When my father passed away, I will bear the burden of going to the Ning family. Will I harm the Ning family?" The

old lady also knew his intentions. I can't think of a reason for this.

But is it too early to plan ahead?

Ning Muyan said again: "I went to take the exam because I didn't want to disappoint my father and teacher's careful teaching over the years, and to let everyone know that the Ning family is not without strength, and that I quit the power center is also for the future. The Ning family may not be at its peak, but it can be For a long time." The

old lady shook her head, in fact, she had thought about it carefully, even if the Ning family was at its peak, she could watch it for a few more years, after all, the future of the Ning family would depend on Ning Muyan, and it was a pity that she couldn't think about it Ning Muyan's talent and learning, the three-yuan head name, such an achievement should be included in the Imperial Academy.

Scholars cherish talents, so why not her.

It can be seen that Ning Muyan is so decisive, he is not a reckless person, and he must really know something.

Now that His Majesty is old, the Bian family is wandering around, and several princes in the court are staring at him, it is indeed a time of turmoil. A little carelessness will lead to the disaster of killing the Nine Clans. A few days ago, she also advised Tan Yun not to have too close contact with the Bian family, but this man took her words as a deaf ear.

Now that Mu Yan gave up the exam and returned to the city, the Bian family, who had been running very diligently before, suddenly faded away, and she couldn't help feeling a little more suspicious in her heart.

"Grandmother is old, maybe she can't see the situation of the court clearly, and she is not as insightful as you. Since you and His Majesty have asked the Ning family for a way out, it is no longer necessary to talk about it now. No matter what you choose, don't let your father down. The Ning family." Ning

Muyan kowtowed to the old lady, "Thank you, grandma, for your understanding."

"Get up."

Bai Po lay outside the ancestral hall and wanted to hear what Ning Muyan and the old lady were talking about. The old man was furious again, and he could rush in to save people when the time came, otherwise, as Ning Zhengyu said, it would be better to be accused of unfilial piety.

The ancestral hall was spacious, and he couldn't hear a word of what was said in the room, but it was good to not be able to hear clearly, which meant that there was no quarrel.

After a while, Bai Po heard the door open, and then Mother Kang helped the old lady out.

Bai Po took a peek at the expression on the old lady's face when she left, but she was very calm, and it seemed that the talk was clear this time.

He was about to go in to have a look at Ning Muyan, but before he even raised his foot, he saw someone walking out of the ancestral hall. He felt embarrassed to go there for a moment, and was about to slip away: "Bai Po."

"You don't want to come and help me Is it?"

Bai Po stopped his feet when he heard the words, turned his head, and saw Ning Muyan holding on to the door of the ancestral hall, looking like he couldn't straighten his back.

"Didn't you walk well just now?"

"I don't have the strength to get here."

Bai Ke put the food box on the ground, and helped Ning Muyan up with his hands: "Didn't the old lady make you kneel for three days?" "

"Is your heart made of stone? Do you really want me to kneel for three days?"

"I just want to say that the old lady still loves you."

"En." Ning Muyan responded, and then glanced at Bai Po: "What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Don't you love me?"

Throw people into the house quickly.

"Don't go back to the house, go to Tianmendong."

Bai Ke paused: "Why go to Tianmendong?"

"I've been kneeling here for a long time, why don't you give me some medicine?"

Bai Ke didn't say anything more.

The two went to Tianmendong, Bai Ke helped him to sit down in front of the medicine table, opened the medicine box to get the injury plaster, after a while Ning Muyan took off his shoes.

Bai Po rolled up his trousers, his knees were red and purple, and they were already swollen, like a big cooking cake, and there were traces of fabric on the wound.

If he had to kneel for three days, his leg would be useless.

Bai Jian rubbed the ointment in the palm of his hand to warm it up, and then applied it to the wound from the edge to the inside.

"Hiss~ Take it easy."

Bai Po stopped his hands and looked up at Ning Muyan: "I'm already very light. If the young master thinks I'm clumsy, then you might as well call Qing Mo."

Ning Muyan Shut up.

Only then did Bai Po continue what he was doing: "Rest these few days, don't move around too much, the skin trauma will heal soon."

"Yeah."

Bai Po applied the ointment, took out a small fan and applied the medicine Fan the place, so that it dries faster, and the trousers will not stick to the ointment when the trousers are put down.

"Speaking of which, you went to see His Majesty, how did he agree to you?"

"I said that my father and I are devoted to His Majesty wholeheartedly. My father's wish during his lifetime was to teach and educate people, and I want to fulfill his late father's wish. Your Majesty remembers his father back then." Everything I have done for the imperial court, I have agreed to my request."

Bai Po's eyebrows twitched: "Do you mean that you will teach in the future?"

Ning Muyan nodded.

Bai Po pursed his lips: "...do you know how to teach students?"

"Why not, I started to open an academy when I came back from Lingnan in my previous life, but now it's just a little bit earlier and I'm just going back to my old job."

" What's the matter? Didn't I teach you very well?"

Bai Po put away his fan: "Come on, I learned it well in my previous life, so don't take it all on yourself."

Ning Muyan fell into silence when he heard that. After a while, he frowned and said, "I'm sorry, I thought I could compensate you, but in the end you don't need it."

Bai Ke opened his mouth, but said nothing.

"In the past, I was busy with government affairs in the court, and I rarely managed the affairs of the government. I know that Bian Daiyun has caused you so much grievance when he bullied you."

Bai Po knew this, so it's no wonder Ning Muyan, he is a concubine, and he said half If you are a master, you will be a servant if you let go, and it is your duty to serve your wife.

In the past, Ning Muyan even rarely saw Bian Daiyun. It was very common for a concubine of his to be reprimanded by the mistress to be placed in any mansion. How could such a trivial matter reach Ning Muyan's ears.

Furthermore, he was originally bound to Ning Muyan due to an accident of fate. A person like Ning Muyan, could it be that he has ulterior motives for him? It was hard to feel pity for him at first.

Bai Po smiled: "Actually, you have already done what I expected, even though time has changed, everything came a bit late." Hearing this,

Ning Muyan grabbed Bai Po's hand: "Then can we start again? "

Bai Po was shocked, and he lowered his eyes: "We haven't started it yet."

Ning Muyan tentatively said: "Then start from now."

"My identity is different from the young master..."

"I know your worry. "Before Bai Po finished speaking, Ning Muyan said anxiously: "Leave everything to me, and I will never marry anyone else except you."

Bai Po took a deep breath.

"After the academy is settled, I will go to Jiang's house to propose marriage, and we will get married, okay?"

Bai Po was a little frightened, and when he was at a loss, Ning Muyan reached out and hugged his shoulders, and circled him arms.

"If you haven't thought it through clearly, I won't force you, but don't hide from me."

Bai Ke clenched his hands, and he was silent for a long time, struggling, hesitant, timid... many emotions flashed through his heart.

"Hmm." In the

end, what was said was the voice hidden in the bottom of my heart under all the hesitation.

We once missed each other because we didn't want to, but now we have new opportunities, why should we torture each other again.

He has no way to deceive his heart anymore.

"I said that you will propose marriage after the matter of your academy is settled, okay."

Bai Po murmured and explained, he was afraid that Ning Muyan didn't understand what he said.