Chapter 38

Bai Po was next to each other on the left and right, and it was the eve of Ning Muyan's arrival in the capital.

He saw that the servants in the garden were in a hurry, and they were rushing to pack up the things Ning Muyan needed for this trip to the capital. He knew that he couldn't wait any longer, otherwise he would have to go to the old lady and ask for resignation.

But every time he came to Ning Muyan's door, he couldn't raise his hand to knock on the door.

Bai Po sighed. These days, he has trouble sleeping and eating, and the spring season changes. He himself has been tossed and broken. Recently, he has some symptoms of wind and cold.

He boiled a thick soup last night. He lit the stove and put the medicine on the stove to warm it.

He went to bring a few barrels of hot water into the house, poured them into the bathtub, and put two herbal medicine packs in them. He was going to soak in a medicinal bath to drive away the cold, so he could get better sooner.

Now that San Leng is not around, he can only do everything by himself.

Bai Po went to bolt the door absent-mindedly, took off his clothes and soaked in the tub.

In any case, today I have to go to Ning Muyan to explain clearly, and after the other side finishes packing up, he will go over and explain clearly.

Thinking of him, he knocked himself on the head angrily, and went to drink some wine, which was really a mistake.

He was drowsy from the herbal bath, and he hadn't had a good rest for several days, so he half-slept in the bathtub.

"Although the exam has already started in spring, it was cold in the spring at that time. It must be very cold in the Gongyuan. I went to the cloth village to make two thick fleece armors. When my brother took the exam, he would wear it under his coat to keep warm."

Ning Zhengyu looked at Ning . Mu Yan was about to leave, so he came here today with his things in his arms.

"Okay."

Ning Zhengyu said: "I wish my brother the title on the gold list."

Ning Muyan responded.

Ning Zhengyu suddenly couldn't find anything to say, but he stood in the room and refused to leave. Ning Muyan naturally also noticed his abnormalities these days, and asked: "Do you have something to say to me?"

After several hesitation, Ning Zhengyu still mustered up the courage to ask: "Does brother like Bai Ke? Hearing this ,

Ning Muyan frowned, and took a deep look at Ning Zhengyu. He didn't want to deny anything: "Yes."

Although he had an answer in his heart, Ning Zhengyu was still stunned when he got the answer. He was worried, The tone was unstable: "But, but..."

Ning Muyan asked back: "Bai Chi is not good?"

Ning Zhengyu said: "He is very good. But he came from a humble background, how could grandma agree?"

Ning Muyan Patiently said: "Zhengyu, if my brother can't be with Bai Po, then he will never feel that anything is meaningful in this life. You think he has a bad background, but do you think it's really good to have a good background? Like a mother The Bian family has been walking quite close recently."

"You know that the Bian family not only walks around with the Tongning family, but also with unmarried young talents at home, the Bian family is betting, and whoever is better will choose the family What do you think will be the consequences of marrying such a family?"

Ning Zhengyu frowned.

Ning Muyan suddenly lowered his body and supported Ning Zhengyu's shoulders: "After I go to the capital, you will take care of Bai Po for my brother, so that my brother can feel at ease in the capital, okay?"

Ning Zhengyu looked into Ning Muyan's eyes and nodded. Nodded: "Okay. No matter what brother decides, I will stand by him."

When Ning Zhengyu came out of Ning Muyan's room, he was still in a daze. He really didn't understand what went wrong. Obviously a few days ago, Bai Po was still thinking about his brother secretly, why did he become the brother who insisted on him in the blink of an eye?

His methods are too high, he is really a scheming little brother.

But since my brother has confessed in this way, he also promises to do so, and he will do what he says. During the time when his elder brother went to the capital, he would tell his mother more, so that she would have less contact with the Bian family.

Relying on the fact that their family is currently receiving the favor of the emperor, they can choose like this, so why should the Ning family let them choose.

Just as he was thinking about it, he realized that he hadn't looked for Bai Po for several days, so he had to say a few annoying words to choke him today. The ecstasy drug he gave his brother made his dream come true.

Turning around and preparing to enter Tianmendong, he saw a puff of black smoke coming out of the door as soon as he reached the door. Ning Zhengyu hurriedly shouted: "It's flooded!"

Ning Muyan came out first, and at a glance he saw Tianmendong When it was on fire, he rushed straight through it.

"Bai Po!"

Ning Muyan knocked on the door while calling for someone, only to find that the inside seemed to be locked.

A burst of fear came from all over, and Ning Muyan pushed the door hard again.

The door bolted from the inside only swayed a bit, but it couldn't be pushed open, just like in countless dreams, he rushed to the door and pushed the door hard, but in the dream he was so powerless, again and again Can't push open the locked door.

Until watching the fire engulf the door into ashes, Ning Muyan woke up from the nightmare, still in shock, and then fell into endless regret...

Ning Zhengyu was worried about the situation inside, but seeing Ning Muyan's almost ferocious expression, he felt even more nervous right now. Worried about his brother: "Brother, this is not a big smoke, maybe..."

Before he could finish speaking, he saw Ning Muyan back a few steps, then suddenly rushed up and kicked on the door, again and again , until the door panel fell to the ground with a bang, Ning Zhengyu was startled when he saw the man who looked like a madman.

However, Ning Muyan didn't stop for a moment, stepped on the door panel and rushed in. Ning Zhengyu realized it later and hurriedly followed.

"Young...Young Master..."

Bai Po was already dumbfounded seeing the intruder, so he got up from the bathtub. Seeing the smoke rising from the backyard, he hurriedly wrapped up a piece of clothes and went to tidy.

The medicine in the jar was poured into the bowl by Sanleng yesterday. He was absent-minded when heating the medicine. He didn't notice that there was no medicine soup in it. The medicine was simmered dry on the stove, and sparks exploded in the end. It splashed out and ignited the dried herbs piled on the ground.

The herb sticks ignited due to dampness, and a large puff of smoke came out.

When he heard the sound, he hurriedly got up to deal with it, and heard a knock on the door outside, and was about to go over to say it was okay, when he saw the door being kicked open, Ning Muyan rushed in.

"I..."

Before he could finish speaking, Ning Muyan, who was standing in the room looking at him, had red eyes, and suddenly walked over a few steps and hugged him.

Ning Zhengyu, who was behind him, saw that the disheveled hair of Bai Yu was obviously just taking a bath, and his brother didn't care about the disheveled clothes, so he rushed over and the two of them stuck together. Blindfolded and turned away.

Seeing the servants coming with water to put out the fire, he quickly waved his hand again: "Go down, go down, all down, it's okay."

Ning Zhengyu felt that he was really worried about these two people.

Bai Po raised his chin and felt that the person in front of him was strangling him very tightly. His mind went blank, as if he saw Ning Muyan crying just now...

He patted Ning Muyan's face belatedly. Back: "I... I'm fine."

Bai Po's voice was very low, and he didn't know why, as if he was afraid that the loud voice would frighten the person holding him.

In fact, Ning Muyan was immersed in the past, unable to distinguish the past from the present for a moment.

In the midsummer of that year, the exile team entered the border of Lingnan, Ning Muyan heaved a sigh of relief, after going all the way through mountains and rivers, he finally arrived at his destination.

Although the destination is not a good place to live in peace, Bai Ke encouraged him along the way, so that he also began to look forward to the life settled in Lingnan, where fame and wealth fade away, and the people he cares about the most are by his side. There is nothing wrong with that.

But I didn't expect to give them a warning as soon as they entered the border of Lingnan. There was a severe drought in Lingnan, the crops were in short supply, and pests broke out one after another. Many people were infected with the disease, and there were sick people driven out of the city everywhere. , along the way, the corpses lay all over the place.

Bai Po smelled something wrong early in the morning, and bought a lot of medicine at the place where he first entered the Lingnan boundary for emergency needs.

During the journey, one of the officers in their team caught the disease, one by one.

Bai Po was busy making anti-epidemic medicine every day, and he was always the first to bring a bowl for him to drink. The more people walked to the destination, the more people died of disease and epidemics on the road, and their medicines became less and less.

Fortunately, they hurried all the way, and before the medicine ran out, they finally arrived at Lingnan City.

The night before entering the city, Ning Muyan felt unprecedentedly relaxed in his heart. The journey was difficult and difficult. He and Bai Po supported each other until now. There are not many people left with him. Fortunately, the destination is close at hand.

That night, Ning Muyan climbed up an old tree outside the city, and carrying a bunch of Chi lychees picked from the top of the tree, he walked across the night of stars to find Bai Po.

He recalled that Bai Po once said to him with a smile in order to encourage him: "Eat three hundred lychees a day, and I will grow up to be a Lingnan native." When I arrive in Lingnan, if nothing else, at least I can eat the best lychees.

Ning Muyan couldn't help laughing, he was really the most gluttonous person he had ever met.

Holding the lychee, he was very happy, but also a little nervous. He wanted to wait until he settled down in the city before talking about it, but he felt that he couldn't wait any longer.

He wanted to tell Bai Po that what he asked him when he was in the prison was actually not the truth, and he wanted to answer it again.

After entering the city, everything was settled, as he said, he went to ask for an errand as a teacher, and he found a medical center closest to the academy to be a sitting doctor.

Ning Muyan had a smile on his lips, he wanted to tell Bai Po the second half of his life that he had filled in his heart today, and when he settled down, he would go to the gate of the medical center to wait for him after school was over, and the two of them drove towards each other. Go home together in the evening.

As time goes by, they still have two children...

But in this world, the future is not long, some opportunities are missed, and accidents may never give people a second chance.

Ning Muyan saw the dazzling fire from a distance, like wind and fire in the wilderness, crackling and burning.

He went crazy and went to push the door regardless of the obstruction. The house was full of fire, the scorching heat could burn people's skin, he didn't dare to think that the white scorpion was in the depths of the fire.

He desperately wanted to rescue him, even if he was burned to death there, it was nothing, at least he died with him.

But after all, what he didn't say would never have a chance to say it again. He never even saw that person for the last time, and a fire burned his heart to ashes.

From then on, in Ning Muyan's dreams, there will always be a door, an unstoppable fire and the crackling sound of destroying everything.

He thought, let him meet and let him lose, give him hope and then take it away, this should be called retribution and punishment.

...

Bai Po felt that the person holding him was trembling all the time: "...young master?

" For a few minutes, it was to punish me for being hard-spoken and not speaking to my heart..."

Hearing the hoarse murmur, Bai Po suddenly forgot to breathe overnight.

"You..."

The person holding him loosened slowly, and the two looked at each other.

Everything seems to need no explanation, and everything makes sense.