Chapter 35

Before dawn the next day, Bai Po faintly heard the servants passing by under the eaves outside seem to say that it was snowing.

Bai Po slept late last night, and was still a little dazed, but got up from the bed because of what he heard.

He took the Nali thick coat hanging on the hanger and wrapped it around his body, opened a crack in the door of Tianmendong and looked outside.

But after opening the door for a night, the bitter wind came in like a stitch, and Bai Chi shivered from the cold, so he hurriedly wrapped his coat tighter again.

"It's really snowing."

Bai Ke exhaled. At this time, the sky was not yet bright, and most of the lanterns in the garden were lit to illuminate the road on the aisle. The house is quiet so as not to disturb the rest of the master in the house, but it is also busy in an orderly manner.

That's it, seeing the courtyard that was mostly white after waking up overnight, the servants and maids still sneaked out to look at the snow for a while.

I am happy that it has just snowed, but I also sigh that this morning has added another job of sweeping snow and icicles on the verandah eaves.

Bai Po looked at the vast white courtyard, and under the light of the lantern, it was covered with a layer of warm yellow, which reduced the coldness a bit.

He rubbed his hands and covered his face, stood on the porch for a while and then hurried back to the house.

It was still early today, but he didn't intend to continue snoozing, he quickly changed his clothes, took the bottle and went out again.

The old lady's body is now under his care, and he has been using the Tibetan snow he collected in the past to make medicine. A while ago, he went to bring all the decoction at home. Seeing that it was almost used up, Can be regarded as waiting until the snow.

The third day after the winter solstice is La, and the snow introduced by medicine needs to be the three snows before La, but this is already the beginning of winter, and the first snow is a good time to collect.

Not only is it used as medicine, but it is also a good thing to make tea. How could he fall asleep and miss collecting Chuxue.

Bai Jian took the guy straight to the garden to collect. At this time, there was no one coming and going in the garden, and he could get the cleanest snow quietly.

It was already dawn when Ning Muyan got up, it was rare for him to get up so late.

Seeing that he hadn't gotten up for a long time, Qing Mo not only didn't call, but also lowered two layers of bed curtains to block the morning light.

When Ning Muyan lifted the curtain and got off the bed, he found that the charcoal stove in the room was burning hot, and the room was extraordinarily bright.

He opened the window, and sure enough, it was snowing.

Ning Muyan was a little lost in thought, he was thinking whether to go out to visit the shop today, or to deal with the letter of inquiry handed over by famous scholars, when the sound of stepping on the snow interrupted his thoughts first.

The voice came out in the plum garden, Ning Muyan turned his head to look, and saw a hunched figure hugging an earthen pot and stepping on his feet to fetch open red plum snowflakes.

The snow in the garden hadn't been swept away, and it could cover half of one's feet with one foot. Ning Muyan saw from a distance that Bai Ke was wearing a small furry cap and a glazed cloak, like a tree that couldn't grow in the snow. tall dwarf pine.

Ning Muyan watched quietly by the window for a while, seeing people shrinking his neck in coldness, he hurriedly put on his clothes and went out.

"It's so cold, I jumped on the snow early in the morning."

Bai Ke's hands were already red with cold, and when he saw Ning Muyan who came over suddenly, he brought out a rabbit fur scarf, and rolled it around his neck: "Young master is up." ?"

Ning Muyan didn't speak, put the hand warmer in Bai Ke's hand, took the earthen pot he was holding, and went to help him pick up the snow from the plum blossoms: "Yeah."

"I slept last night. Is it okay?"

"Thanks to you."

Bai Po hugged the warm Mrs. Tang: "Then tonight I will order another roll of tranquilizing incense for the young master."

Ning Muyan did not speak, but glanced at him.

Bai Ke smiled lightly.

"What are you doing with all this snow water?"

Bai Po put Mrs. Tang under her arm, and went to get the snow too: "The old lady's medicine is wax snow. I have almost used up the decoction a while ago, so I have to take advantage of it." Collect more when it snows, this snow is very delicate, you need to get it before the sun comes out."

Ning Muyan tilted his head and saw that the tip of the nose was already red from the cold, and he sucked his nose from time to time, seeing that there was already at least one person here hour.

He lowered his head and saw that Bai Po's shoes were already wet from the snow that had been trampled on, and said, "Go and change your clothes and shoes, and I'll get them.

" Like to be hands-on.

"I won't change it. The sun is coming out soon, so I have to hurry up and get some more. If the old lady knows that I have worked so hard to fetch snow for her, she will definitely like me more."

Ning Muyan laughed: "You're really pleasing to the eye." The

two of them picked wax snow from the garden together, and after picking the plum-scented ones, they went to the bamboo garden to fetch snow from the bamboo.

The snow accumulated on the flowers and plants is easy to get, but the rootless snow that falls directly into the container from the sky is less accumulated. When the sun comes out, Bai Chi looks at the snow in the open jar he put in the middle of the courtyard. It is one inch thick, and it will be less after it melts.

He sighed, this year's Chuxue Wugen only gained so much.

"Go inside and warm yourself by the fire."

Ning Muyan also helped Bai Po stay in the garden for a long time, and when he returned to the eaves, a lot of snow had fallen on the cloak.

Bai Po hugged his pots: "I'll go back to Tianmendong."

"Then I'll also go to Tianmendong to roast."

"..."

Bai Po led Ning Muyan into Tianmendong, where Sanleng just added to the charcoal stove. After burning charcoal, although the room was not comparable to Ning Muyan's room, when the two of them came in from the outside, they immediately felt very warm.

Ning Muyan untied the cloak and handed it to San Leng, watching Bai Ke carry the jar to the medicine case, he was not in a hurry to warm up, wondering what he was up to.

"What else should I do?"

Bai Ke closed the jars tightly one by one, and sealed them with oiled paper: "We have to bury the collected snow water in the ground for the winter, otherwise the medicine will not be good."

Ning Muyan looked at Guang The pot was about to be buried in the ground by Dr. Jiang without a name. Because of the oolong that happened earlier, he lifted the pen on the desk and wrote a note on oil paper to correct the name of Xue on the pot.

Bai Po wants to say that even if the soil will not be rotted in the buried ground, the insects will definitely not let it go, and it will be hard to see clearly when he picks it up. He uses bottles of different colors and shapes to distinguish them, and then record them at the end. to your medicine case book.

But he didn't open his mouth after all, and let Ning Muyan stick the label on the can next to each other.

After that, the two of them carried two pots to Tianmendong's backyard. The backyard that was desolate before was already dominated by medicinal herbs. .

San Leng took out the small hoe from the utility room in the backyard to Bai Po, but Ning Muyan took it over: "San Leng, go out and buy some sugar-fried chestnuts and come back."

"Yes."

Bai Po looked at Ning Muyan with his hips on his hips: "He snatched my hoe and sent my people away. Forget about sending them away. You are really overbearing, young master."

Ning Muyan shoveled the pear tree. Wild Grass: "I just don't want others to see me digging."

"Young Master Yushu Linfeng, even digging the ground will definitely not make people feel embarrassed. Besides, I don't want to order the young master to dig the ground."

"You are boasting sincerely Is it?" Ning

Muyan said: "There is a specialization in art. I will teach you the six arts of reading and writing. You should also teach me the pharmacology of digging." ~I can be regarded as a legitimate doctor now, and the young master is also a leader among scholars, so it is reasonable to be each other's teachers."

Ning Muyan frowned and smiled lightly: "Let's start like this."

Ning Zhengyu hugged Mrs. Tang Chutu Went to Tianmendong, it was snowing for the first time today, and he heard that there was a new barbecue restaurant on Zhuque Street, and the venison in the shop was excellent, so he wanted to go and try it.

But today there was no advance invitation, and it was not too early, and her mother went out early in the morning. Although the nobles in the city had enjoyed the snow, her classmates or friends might have already gone out together.

Asking him to go out alone is not in the same interest, thinking that Bai Po is so gluttonous, he simply asks him to go with him.

Bai Po is not only greedy, but also eats a lot, and his appetite will become better when eating with him.

He ran to Tianmendong and saw no one, not even Sanleng, so he ran directly to the backyard, seeing two people together under the pear tree whose leaves had fallen clean and now covered in snow silver, he hurriedly stopped leg.

He gritted his teeth, Jiang Baixuan gave him some kind of ecstasy soup, but his eldest brother dug the ground for him!

"If the young master's digging skills are in our village, he will definitely not be able to win the group of daughter-in-laws."

Ning Muyan propped up the hoe : "Is it that bad?

"

He raised his hand and wiped it on his face, but he didn't get it on the spot, so Bai Po had no choice but to reach out and grab the dirt.

Ning Zhengyu in the distance:!

She has not changed her nature, and is still messing with her elder brother. She really can't let him watch for a quarter of an hour.

"Cough cough cough! It's snowing today and it's getting colder. Get some medicine to cure your cough!"

Hearing the voice, Bai Po quickly withdrew the back of his hand and moved it behind him. Ning Muyan frowned, and looked up to see Ning Zhengyu who ran in.

"Ah, brother is here?" Ning Zhengyu strode over: "Why are you digging up the soil?"

Ning Muyan said in a slightly unhappy tone: "Grandma's medicine needs to be used as medicine, and I took it. Bury some in the ground to preserve the medicinal properties."

We even fetched snow together! He shouldn't have slept that long.

Ning Zhengyu rubbed his eyes secretly and stared at Bai Po beside him.

Bai Po knew what he meant by winking: "Second Young Master wants cough medicine, I'll go get it right away."

If you want to send me away, there's no way! "Don't worry, I won't go back until later in brother's garden."

"Okay then."

Bai Po went into the house, cleaned his hands and warmed himself in front of the stove. When Ning Zhengyu came out, he threw the hoe in his hand to him: "Go and put it in the utility room."

Ning Zhengyu didn't know that Ning Muyan was unhappy, so he happily took the hoe, thinking that the two brothers got closer again, and the elder brother was already willing to ask him to do things: "Okay, brother, let's play chess later Let's go."

Ning Muyan entered the room without commenting.

"Qingmo, go and bring over the chessboard."

"Yes."

Bai Po squatted aside and ate pears: "Play chess here?"

"No?"

"Why not. The whole garden belongs to the young master."

Ning Zhengyu After running in, the two brothers played chess cross-legged on the low table on the couch by the window, and Bai Yu also showed his kindness as a landlord. When he went to fetch snow water in the morning, he was afraid of getting cold, so he asked Sanleng stewed pears to moisten the lungs and repel the cold. Ginger soup served a bowl for each of them.

Not long after, San Leng came back with the still hot sugar-fried chestnuts, and Bai Po was even happier. He ate chestnuts around the charcoal stove, and from time to time he could lean over to watch the chess game, which was the most comfortable thing in snowy days.

The few personal servants also tactfully did not bother in the room.

Bai Po squatted by the stove and peeled chestnuts, saving them one by one in a bowl: "Today, whoever wins this game of chess will be rewarded with freshly peeled chestnuts."

Ning Muyan glanced at Bai Po's slender chestnuts. The chestnut that was holding him, did not speak, but his eyes were determined to win.

Ning Zhengyu gritted his teeth, and tried to confuse his elder brother again, this chestnut is about to go into his mouth today.

Bai Po didn't understand the chess game very much, but felt that the two of them played harder.

"Master, the Bianfu sent a post."

Bai Po paused slightly when he heard Qing Mo's voice coming in.

Ning Muyan held the white chess piece

, but did not answer Qing Mo's post: "What's the matter?" Sneer, such a big fanfare is more like choosing a concubine by His Majesty.

"Let's just say that I feel cold and it's hard to go out, so I refused, and I don't have to accept the invitation to be the host of the Bianfu in the future."

Qing Mo responded and backed out.

Ning Zhengyu tilted his head and said, "Brother doesn't like this family ?

" Pursing his lips, he touched a few more chestnuts and continued to peel them, becoming more interested.