Chapter 30

A few days later, early in the morning, Bai Ke heard the commotion outside, and he got up from the bed: "What happened?" After a while, although he sat up on the bed, he quickly pulled the quilt over his body and wrapped it around his neck.

San Leng heard a voice and ran into the house with washing water: "My lord, today the test results are released, and the second young master is on the list. Everyone in the house is happy about it."

"Really!" Bai Ke hurriedly Get up from the bed: "I just remembered that the list was released today, but I didn't expect the mansion to go to see the list so early."

The sky outside was still gray, and it was not yet bright.

"Every time the scientific examination results are released, people in the mansion go out to read the results very early. Today, the second young master went to see it in person."

Bai Po hurriedly put on his clothes: "That's great! I'll also go to congratulate The second young master said." San Leng said

hesitantly: "But the second young master is in Xijin Garden, I'm afraid it's not easy for us to go at this time."

Bai Po thought for a while: "That's right."

Tan Yun cherished Ning Zhengyu so much, Now that he finally passed the exam, it must be celebrated in the garden. Even if there is a family feast, it is still a matter for the masters. Anyway, the good news has arrived, and it will not be too late to congratulate Ning Zhengyu next time.

Thinking of this, Bai Po shrank back into the bed with peace of mind. Yesterday he heard Qing Mo say that Ning Muyan was going to Xuezheng's place after the college examination, and that the old lady didn't need to take medicine today. A day when no one cares about you.

Autumn rains, everywhere is wet, and what could be more comfortable than sleeping in bed.

Bai Po nestled on the bed and didn't know how long he had been sleeping since he returned to the cage. He heard Bangbang knocking on the door outside, and then the sound of footsteps came into the room: "Why are you still sleeping? What time is it?"

"Master can't sleep better than him!"

Bai Ke got up from the noise, and when he got out of the bed after tidying up, he looked at Ning Zhengyu who was sitting on a chair with his legs open and shouting with his tongue out.

"You still know how to get up."

Bai Po thought to himself that you can only be so arrogant in Tianmendong.

"What's wrong, the second young master still cares about people's sleep?"

"I'm on the list in this college examination." When Ning Zhengyu said this, he couldn't hide the joy on his face, and when he looked at Bai Ke, he frowned again: "You He didn't come to congratulate him, but he still slept in the house like a dead pig."

Bai Po pursed his lips, it was just as expected.

He sat down and poured a cup of tea: "Second Young Master's courtyard exam is famous, so there must be a lot of flowers at the moment, how can I squeeze in."

He asked: "You came here so fast, madam didn't say anything? "

Ning Zhengyu raised his eyebrows: "Grandmother was very happy to hear that I had tried this time, and came to the garden to talk for a while. "

Shibie will treat each other with admiration for three days, and Bai Ke smiled and said: "There are quite a lot of people who don't care too much."

"But the young master has gone to study the government, and you are on the list, he must be studying the government to know Yes ."

"I know." Ning Zhengyu said: "I was preparing for the exam a few days ago, and I haven't gone out to play again in autumn. There will be a polo club in the suburbs of the city in a few days. Do you want to go?"

"Didn't you ask me if I wanted to?" I don't want to go, but I want me to talk to Eldest Young Master, tell him to go." Bai Po narrowed his eyes slightly: "Why don't you go talk to him yourself."

Ning Zhengyu poked his neck and said, "If I were with Eldest Brother Say, do you still have a chance to go?"

Bai Po hummed, but he really wanted to go and have a look: "But it's been raining for the past two days, so how can we go there?"

"It won't rain all the time, there will always be sunny days.

" say.

While waiting for Ning Muyan to come back, Bai Po was thinking about how to go and talk about it, especially when he saw that Ning Muyan did not show any surprise or relief because Ning Zhengyu had passed the provincial examination, he felt that the matter It will be difficult to handle.

The requirements for a scholarly family are high, and Ning Zhengyu is already a scholar at a young age, which is a hundred times better than many ordinary people, but it is indeed a little inferior compared to Ning Muyan.

But no matter what, children need to be praised, Bai Po bit the bullet and said: "Seeing that it is going to be late autumn, I heard that the polo in the city is very interesting. I was busy at first, and I haven't..."

Ning Mu Yan glanced at Bai Po: "Do you want to go?"

Bai Po coughed dryly: "It's a little bit."

After speaking, Bai Po's mind suddenly became agitated. Whatever his state of mind, he always used what he wanted to do as an excuse. He went to talk to Ning Muyan, why did he think that Ning Muyan would pay attention to his request.

But when he didn't want to understand how he became so courageous, Ning Muyan said: "Then let's go for a while. The nobles of the clan like to hold polo clubs, and there are many things to have fun during, so you can go see the world "

Bai Po pursed his lips, feeling that Ning Muyan seemed to be spoiled by him, but in order to conceal this thought, he hurriedly said: "The second young master is going too."

Ning Zhengyu said that because he wanted to go.

He avoided Ning Muyan's gaze, presumably he agreed so readily because he knew that Ning Zhengyu wanted to go. After all, Ning Zhengyu always came to Tianmendong to find him, so how could Ning Muyan not know the child's thoughts.

Thinking of this, he felt a little more at ease: "That's it."

After he finished speaking, he was about to go out, but Ning Muyan suddenly called him: "Wait. " After speaking

, he took out a long box from the desk.

Bai Po's eyebrows twitched slightly, looking at the long box, he wondered if Ning Muyan wanted to give him a pen.

Confused in his heart, he opened the box, and saw that inside was a cylinder wrapped in some thick brocade cloth. He quickly took it out and spread it out, his eyes lit up: "It's a silver needle!"

Seeing that he liked it, Ning Muyan There was a slight smile in his eyes: "Recently, you have taken care of grandma's body, and grandma's spirit is much better than before. When I went to pay my respects, I always praised you. I suddenly remembered that the doctor who came to see the doctor had You use silver needles, but you have never seen them use them, so I remembered that I left them when I was preparing medicine."

Bai Po looked at the complete set of silver needles, and he wanted to buy them a long time ago, but the silver needles, Not only are they made of silver, but they are also made with fine workmanship, which is comparable to the price of ordinary needles for sewing clothes. Many doctors use a set of silver needles for a lifetime. For this reason, he has not picked the right one after several selections.

"Thank you, young master." Bai Po hugged the box and said, "I will definitely take good care of the old lady's body."

Ning Muyan raised the corners of his mouth slightly: "Okay."

It is not in vain that Ning Zhengyu got Bai Po's answer. Looking forward to it, after a few days of rain, the weather finally turned sunny, but it was getting colder and colder.

The leaves in the garden also started to turn yellow and fall in the wind. Xu knew that autumn was about to enter winter, so the rich and noble families in the city were trying their best to go out while the weather was still good.

The next day, the mansion received a post from the polo club. In fact, every big family in the city would send a post when they held a gathering, but Ning Muyan responded to it very rarely, so that Bai Po felt that the years in the garden were peaceful, Not many people invited Ning Muyan.

When he went out this morning, he realized again how many people missed him.

But today Ning Zhengyu changed into a strong outfit when he went out today. His figure was very tall and straight, and he looked taller than his peers.

"It's not easy to go out, why are you still carrying a medicine box?"

Hearing Ning Zhengyu's voice, Bai Po glanced at the medicine box beside him. He originally planned to go out of the city later and pass by the Nanmen Temple. Head, when I came back, I went to take the medicine ordered by others. Although I promised to bring it when I got out of the stall, but the doctor who seeks medicine can feel at ease when he gets the medicine early.

"Oh, I was thinking of going to the polo field, riding a horse and playing ball. If something happens, it's convenient to have medicine."

Ning Zhengyu said: "Where is it useful? It's very safe. Don't take it when you get off the carriage later. " Bring out the box, it will be a joke."

"I know."

Listening to the two talking to each other, Ning Muyan said, "Okay, we'll be there soon, don't make trouble." The

autumn wind blew across his face It is very cool, and the few golden osmanthus planted beside the polo field have not yet bloomed, and the fragrance in the wind is very good.

Bai Po looked at the huge polo field that could accommodate thousands of people, and the wind blew his forehead and hair, and his mood became very open.

"It's so lively!"

Ning Zhengyu ran ahead, telling Bai Po to hurry up, and he said: "This is a polo club held by the Qi family of the magistrate. Many dignitaries and family members of Fucheng came, and it was not so lively in the past. Coincidentally, the court exam After that, everyone who is going to end the game comes to hang out. You stay close to me, the eldest brother will definitely go to talk to Young Master Qi later, and I will take you to watch me play polo."

Bai Po heard the sound and looked behind Ning Muyan, who walked steadily, didn't know whether it was the warm autumn sun or what, but Bai Po felt that Ning Muyan was more radiant on the wanton polo field than in the mansion.

"Can I be with the second young master?"

Bai Ke didn't like standing behind Ning Muyan like a wooden man like Qing Mo, listening to scholars talking about poetry and books. Since he wanted to guard his master, it was not good for Ning Zhengyu to go. Watch him play polo.

Ning Muyan nodded: "I'm not going to play, I'm going to meet friends, you can watch Zhengyu play polo."

"Okay."

Seeing that Ning Muyan agreed, Bai Po happily ran towards Ning Zhengyu: "Wait a minute. "

Ning Muyan stepped forward again, he looked at Ning Zhengyu: "Don't bother playing polo later, you have to take care of some white scorpions, and go back together later."

"Oh, good. "

Ning Muyan led Qing Mo to the stands.

Ning Zhengyu watched the person walk away, and hummed to Bai Po: "Brother cares about you."

Bai Po scratched his head a little embarrassed: "The young master knows that I have never seen the world, so I am afraid that I will get lost. If you say that, don't you know what he means."

Ning Zhengyu put his stick on his shoulder: "I know it."

The two of them walked towards the stable where they were going to play polo, and they could choose horses to go into battle. Ning Zhengyu pointed to the people in the stands in the distance, and said, "In the past, there were not so many people in the stands. Yes, many ladies and gentlemen from other families have come to the polo club today, do you know why?"

"Because the magistrate is holding the polo club?"

Ning Zhengyu rolled his eyes: "That's because they got the wind and knew about the polo club. I'll be here today, so I'm rushing over to look like a big brother."

"..." If I knew it,

I wouldn't ask too much.

Ning Zhengyu said again: "However, there are many young masters from aristocratic families who came here today, so don't be dazzled."

"Then I will poke my eyes blind."

Ning Zhengyu said: "That's not necessary, I heard The young master from the Bian family is also here today, and those young masters from the aristocratic families will definitely go around him and play with all kinds of treasures, no matter which young master from the aristocratic family you fancy, it

's useless." Bai Po suddenly stopped in his tracks: " Young master of the Bian family?"

"Ah, Bian Daiyun! Oh, you don't even know him after I told you. He was originally a son of a small official family, but my sister was able to enter the palace. Not long ago, he gave birth to a little prince who is now being favored. One person is powerful, and the whole family ascends to heaven. There are many people who are attached to each other."

Ning Zhengyu said calmly, but when the familiar name sounded in Bai Po's ears, it was like a thunderbolt exploded in the clear sky. The originally calm sky was plunged into gloom.

"Why are you in a daze, go away!"

Bai Po's mood changed when he heard Bian Daiyun's name, like an old wooden box that was dusty and dusty at the bottom of the bed was suddenly turned out Generally, there is a musty smell and the dust is choking.

He couldn't tell the truth and emotion in his heart, maybe it was more tired of those past events, which made his hands and feet weak all of a sudden.

I didn't expect to hear Bian Daiyun here, Bai Po's face turned pale, he was about to tell Ning Zhengyu that he was not feeling well, and wanted to go to the side to rest for a while, but at this moment, some fresh clothes were wrapped around him The boy who angered the horse came.

"Hey, isn't this Ning Zhengyu, who came out today!"

"I heard that you worked behind closed doors a while ago, and finally passed the college test. It's really not easy. I haven't congratulated you yet."

Ning Zhengyu looked at Apparently, the few people who came were not friendly, and they didn't argue because of etiquette. They turned around and wanted to leave, but the young man stopped him.

"Hey, it's been a long time since we haven't seen each other for a long time, why don't you just turn around and leave."

Ning Zhengyu said, "I still have something to do, so I won't accompany you.

" , if he can pass the township test in the future, wouldn't he want to fly to the sky?"

"I heard that Young Master Ning also came to the polo field today. This son of the eldest son won the top two exams in a row and only learned five carts; but this son of the bastard It's an examination of the two courts, and today we come together to set off the hatchback."

After saying that, the young man leaned in front of Ning Zhengyu and said, "Do you think so?" Even if he

knew that such a gathering should not cause trouble, But in the end it was youthful spirit, Ning Zhengyu couldn't help but clenched his fists and wanted to greet the person in front of him.

But the young man said nonchalantly: "What, you still want to do something? Young Master Ning is here today, so I can see that his younger brother is not only dull and incompetent, but also has a very ordinary temperament. Make trouble."

Ning Zhengyu blushed, but he still didn't shake his clenched fist: "Young Master Sun is eloquent, since he came to this polo field today, it's better to fight on the field."

Hearing the sound, the young man laughed loudly: "You still dare to challenge me? Think I will still lose to you as a bastard !

"

He lives in Ning Zhengyu, but he is not easy to speak in this situation, he took advantage of the boys to lead the horses, and said to Ning Zhengyu's personal servant Qing Chu: "Go and inform the young master, I will watch here Second young master, I'm afraid something will happen to some people."

"Back then, our second young master only won against the young master of the Sun family once on the polo field, and since then we have held grudges everywhere, and we have ridiculed him many times when we saw the young master. Xiao Jiang, how about you?" But please take good care of our young master, I will go and inform the young master right away."

Bai Po nodded: "Go quickly."

Qing Chu ran away, and Bai Po saw Ning Zhengyu, the young master surnamed Sun and some unknown people . The young man had already chosen a strong horse, and he rushed to the field as soon as he got on the horse, leaving only a piece of turf that was trampled by the horse.

Let alone riding a horse, Bai Po rarely sees horses in the village. Now seeing the childish young man galloping wildly on a tall and vigorous horse, his heart aches.

For example, the young masters of these aristocratic families have learned to ride and shoot since they were young, but they can manipulate the horses freely, but they are all angry, so there is no guarantee that there will be some problems.

Bai Po didn't know what to do. While staring closely at Ning Zhengyu's horse, he took a gap to look at the tall stands in the distance. The nobles were chatting around the table. Po also didn't know where Ning Muyan was in the stands.

The horse's hooves made a heavy sound on the turf, and the clubs hit the ball one after another, Bai Chi was dazzled for a moment.

Ning Zhengyu rode his horse to the front every time, only to hear the cheers from the field, but he never thought that he really had a bit of effort, hit three goals in a row, Bai Po was slightly relieved with the cheers.

Seeing Ning Zhengyu's horse coming this way, he was about to follow the spectators to say hello, when he saw Ning Zhengyu's horse passing in front of the young master of the Sun family, the young man's eyes were sharp, and by waving A club that was used to play polo hit the belly of the horse that Ning Zhengyu was riding.

Immediately, the horse neighed in pain, and suddenly its feet flew into the air. Ning Zhengyu quickly grabbed the reins and tried to control the horse. , The horse swung its head on the field to knock people to the ground.

The people in the stands were also frightened by the sudden change, and many stood up in panic.

Bai Jian's heart was already in his throat, and the horse was running wildly, half of Ning Zhengyu's body was thrown off the horse, and the consequences would be unimaginable.

Just when everyone was in an uproar, a figure flashed past in a flash, grabbed the reins with all his strength, turned on the horse and buckled Ning Zhengyu who was about to fall.

Ma Pao ran out with two people on his back for a while, kept slowing down under the control of the reins, and finally stopped with a snorting sound, and the hearts of everyone stopped.

Seeing this, Bai Po hurriedly ran over there.

When he arrived, Ning Zhengyu, who dismounted from his horse, was terrified, his legs were a little unsteady, and his face turned pale. Fortunately, Ning Muyan grabbed one hand, otherwise he might have already sat down on the ground.

He looked at Ning Muyan, and called out tremblingly: "Brother..."

Ning Muyan frowned, and said in relief, "It's all right."

"Mu Yan, are you all right!" Qi Zhuo hurried over: "Zheng Yu , Are you injured?"

Ning Zhengyu shook his head: "I'm fine, I'm worrying Master Qi."

"In the past, the horses in the racecourse were all well-trained. There were many people who came to the polo club this time. I was afraid that the trained horses were not enough, so I brought the newly bought horses. This made Zhengyu almost have an accident."

Ning Zhengyu He lowered his head slightly: "It's because I'm not good at riding. If I was good at riding, I wouldn't be able to control the horse."

"Okay." Ning Muyan saw that Ning Zhengyu's face was not good but he still wanted to maintain his face, and interrupted Tong Qizhuo said: "Zhengyu was frightened, I'll take him down to rest for a while. It's common to fall off a horse at a polo club, so it's okay, there are a lot of people here today, go get busy."

Qi Zhuo took a look Ning Zhengyu: "Is it really all right?"

Ning Zhengyu shook his head, and Qi Zhuo felt relieved.

Bai Po hurriedly left the stage together, and several teenagers who entered the stage together saw Ning Zhengyu being supported down by Ning Muyan, and everyone around them was talking about brotherly love, and the angry young master surnamed Sun turned blue.

The few people did not go back to the stands, but went to the place where their carriage was parked.

After leaving the polo field, Ning Zhengyu started to sniff his nose, and his eyes turned red: "I've embarrassed the family again."

Originally, he went out happily, but after finally getting the chance to come out with Ning Muyan, Ning Zhengyu felt uncomfortable because so many people watched the jokes due to side events. He was frightened just now, and after he came out, there were no outsiders and he couldn't hold back anymore.

"What a disgrace, who hasn't fallen twice when learning how to ride a horse, it's a joke for such a big man to cry."

Ning Muyan had never been so close to his younger brother before, when he saw a child crying Still a little overwhelmed, it was Bai Ke who handed over a handkerchief, and he quickly wiped Ning Zhengyu's crying face.

Fortunately, it's a boy who doesn't wear makeup when he goes out, otherwise it would be even more difficult.

"Qing Mo, go talk to Qi Zhuo, we're going back first, we'll meet another day."

"Yes, young master."

Ning Muyan led Ning Zhengyu, who was crying with his head down, into the carriage, and looked back Whether Bai Jian followed, his eyebrows moved slightly, he was really worried.

Back on the carriage, Ning Zhengyu was still hanging his head, and Bai Po spoke for him: "I saw that the young master of the Sun family was not an upright person in the morning, and it was his club that hit the horse that startled the horse."

Ning Muyan said: "The Sun family?"

Bai Po nodded.

Ning Muyan stretched out his hand and patted Ning Zhengyu on the shoulder: "This matter has nothing to do with you. The only son of the Sun family has always favored lawlessness, and his character will eventually destroy him."

"Yes." Ning Zhengyu looked at Ning Mu Yan was suddenly startled and said: "Brother, you are injured!"

Bai Ke heard the sound and looked over, only to find that Ning Muyan's exposed arm had a piece of broken skin and bruises.

Xu Shi was so focused on Ning Zhengyu that he didn't even notice that he was injured while controlling the horse.

Bai Po embraced the medicine box, and was about to say that it would be okay if the skin was scratched, but Ning Muyan said, "Why don't you come and show me ?

"

up.

Bai Po sat over and rolled up Ning Muyan's sleeves, and checked if there were any other injuries, but luckily there was only one injury.

He bent Ning Muyan's arm, and squeezed his arm down along the meridians: "Does it hurt?"

Ning Muyan looked at him and shook his head.

"It's just a scratch, it didn't hurt the bones, it's okay." Said Bai Ke, he went to look through the medicine box: "Take some plaster and rub it on and it will be fine soon."

Before he could touch the medicine box, Ning Zhengyu grabbed him . He hugged him, and he said guiltily and courteously, "Because elder brother was injured, I will give elder brother some medicine."

Seeing his brotherly love, Bai Po let out a sigh of relief, and gave Ning Zhengyu a chance to get close to his elder brother. Chance.

"Okay, then you can apply the medicine to the young master." Bai Po stood up: "I'll go outside to blow some air, and the street smells like sweet-scented osmanthus."

Ning Muyan was about to say that Ning Zhengyu didn't know how to apply medicine with his hands and feet. , but saw that Bai Ke had already gone out. He looked at Ning Zhengyu, who was carefully searching for plasters in the box, and sighed slightly.

Worth mentioning.

"Bai Po, is the ointment in a blue bottle?" Bai Po replied

through the curtain, "Yes.

"

After smelling it, I feel that the smell of this ointment is not like ordinary plasters. Those plasters for rubbing bruises have a pungent smell, but this one not only does not have a faint fragrance.

"Bai Po's medicine is also different from other people's. No wonder it can cure grandma's headache." Ning Zhengyu praised Bai Po for the first time: "If you apply his ointment, it will definitely heal quickly."

Ning Muyan looked at him ,Nod.

The ointment was applied to Ning Muyan's wound by Ning Zhengyu's hands. Ning Muyan felt that the ointment was a bit strange. Although it didn't feel stinging when it touched the wound, it was extremely sticky and greasy. Does not dry out.

Bai Po sat outside the carriage with his feet dangling a little. He dangled his legs freely, looking at the bustling street scene, feeling as if he forgot something and didn't do anything today.