Chapter 12

Bai Po and Jiang Zichun went to see Ning Muyan together. Before that, Bai Po had seen Ning Muyan many times, and there was no embarrassment in going to see him except for a little restraint, but Jiang Zichun was very solemn when meeting such a nobleman for the first time.

The father and son went into the house together to meet the man, and Jiang Zichun hurriedly presented the gift he brought. Bai Po knew how rich the Ning Mansion was, and it was normal to look down on the meager gifts from the people in the countryside, but it was his father's intention. He was afraid that his father's intentions would be ruined, but Ning Muyan, who was always indifferent, was very polite.

"Qing Mo, put away the medicinal materials that Dr. Jiang gave you."

Seeing Ning Muyan let his long entourage accept the gift himself, Bai Po was relieved, he was quite a face-saving man.

After the two parties said a few polite words, Bai Po was sent out, leaving Jiang Zichun and Ning Muyan alone to talk.

When he came out of the house, although he was worried, he still didn't squat at the door to eavesdrop, followed the servants to drink tea in the front hall.

Although Jiang Zichun had heard some rumors about Ning Muyan, it was the first time he saw Ning Muyan in person, and this person was also very polite. He had a good impression of Ning Muyan, so he felt more relieved.

"Brother Po grew up with grass-roots people in the countryside. He has a casual temper and can't read. Later, he went to work in a high school compound. I'm afraid he was clumsy. I hope Master Ning will forgive me."

"No problem, He went to be a doctor, not a servant of the mansion to serve the master."

"So the grassroots first thank Master Ning for his kindness." After saying that, Jiang Zichun was about to kneel down.

Although Ning Muyan does not have an official title today, his father and ancestors were all officials. Now that he has passed the provincial examination, his future is boundless. But how could Ning Muyan let Jiang Zichun perform this great gift with him.

I used to be my father-in-law, but now...

"Doctor Jiang, don't be too polite, it's too out of character."

Ning Muyan helped him up, and Jiang Zichun felt that Ning Muyan was more humble and polite. He drank a cup of tea in the room, and he was called Huang Zhuangtou. To lead out.

Seeing Jiang Zichun smiling, Huang Zhixing said, "Doctor Jiang and our young master have a very happy conversation."

"Master Ning has a refined temperament, is close and kind, and it will be a blessing to be able to work under Master Ning in the future."

Huang Zhixing laughed dryly when he heard this. Just a word, although he has never done anything in the mansion, unlike the servants in the mansion, he can see Ning Muyan all the time, but occasionally he will return to the mansion to report the status of Zhuangzi's property, the same as the future head of the Ning family. I have seen many times, the wife of his family is also working in the mansion, and she is also a mother with some prestige, but she has never felt that Ning Muyan is close and kind.

Seeing that Jiang Zichun's praise came from the heart, it didn't seem to be flattering, but he respected people more and more, and he had to be friendly in the future.

"Yes, our young master is indeed the case. In the future, little doctor Jiang will serve the young master by his side, and he must have a bright future." The

two went out as they spoke, and when they reached the front hall, Jiang Zichun didn't stay long, and went home with Bai Ke.

It will be a few days before Ning Muyan comes to Zhuangzi. Now that the matter has been negotiated, he plans to return to Fucheng early in the morning, and let Bai Po go back to pack his things and leave together tomorrow.

In addition, Jiang Zichun will also go to Zhuangzi to take a second post.

Huang Zhixing sent the father and son all the way out of Zhuangzi before returning to return to Ning Muyan.

"Although Zhuangzi never had any contact with Dr. Jiang in the past, he could still hear the villagers talking about Dr. Jiang's benevolence. He is a well-known good family, but the Liu family bullies others. They are not really good people."

"How does the young master plan to deal with the Liu family?"

Ning Muyan was standing in front of the book case, hanging his head to write an inscription. Hearing the words, he said calmly: "Cut off half of the family property. If the Liu family's child dares to harbor evil intentions, there is no need to keep it."

Huang Zhixing felt a chill down his back: " Yes. Then let Liu Da go back to work in the mansion?"

"Leave him back." It's not about being kind and forgiving, but: "It's better to keep it under your nose than to stir up trouble in the village."

"Yes."

Ning Mu After Yan finished speaking, he lifted his pen and looked up at Huang Zhixing. He was in a good mood today: "You have handled the matter properly this time, keep your mouth firmly, and do things in the future, and you are indispensable." After speaking, he raised

his eyes and glanced around The young servant immediately understood the green ink standing beside him, took off the newly written words on the table and brought them to Huang Zhixing.

Huang Zhixing looked at the character Zhong with strong strokes on the paper, and quickly knelt down to accept it, and kowtowed to Ning Muyan: "Thank you, young master

, for the calligraphy ." Working in the Ning Mansion, he can be valued by the young master, and the whole family will be honored.

Now that he knows why he is rewarded, he will naturally know what to do in the future.

...

"The water in the mansion is deep. After you go to the mansion, you must be careful in everything, do more things and less talk, and don't make enemies with others."

Jiang Zichun babbled while helping Bai Po pack up.

Bai Po laughed: "Father said it as if I was going to enter the palace."

"It's the same for ordinary people to work in a mansion, just like a young lady of an official's family entering the palace."

Bai Po carried the two small bundles he had packed on his body. In fact, he didn't have much to take with him. He remembered that when he was in Ningfu, servants could go home to visit relatives. In fact, it was more like being a concubine. Classes are a little more free, and when the time comes, you can come back and pick up what you need.

In addition, his father would go to the city every now and then, so he could bring him something to go there.

"I know Dad, I will definitely be careful."

Jiang Zichun started nagging from the moment he got up, repeating his confession many times, and it wasn't because he was sincerely annoying, it was because the child had never left home since he grew up.

"Just remember it, so go out quickly, don't keep Master Ning waiting for too long."

"Yes."

Jiang Zichun wanted to take over the two bundles tied around Bai Po's body, but Bai Po was alone He hugged him: "I can handle it, so dad can just send me out." The

father and son locked the door and rushed to the entrance of the village so that they could go to the city with Ning Muyan's team of horses and chariots.

On the way, I also met Liu Wu who was going out. Although the big tall man used to be sullen and didn't talk much, he was a bit domineering. Now, when he saw Bai Ke, he looked like a mouse seeing a cat, hanging his head and dodging his eyes. There is also the look of being arrogant and confident in front of people before.

Seeing his timid look, Bai Po didn't bother to talk to him, and told his father to go faster.

When they arrived at the entrance of the village, the carriages and horses of the Ning family had already arrived there.

Qing Mo told Ning Muyan, and when he got off the carriage, he saw Bai Jian being pressed by two burdens thicker than his own waist, like a tiny bean sprouts, and raised his chin slightly , Qing Mo went over and took over the burden.

Jiang Zichun bowed to Ning Muyan first, looked at the little white man in front of the young master, his eyes were a little red, but he waved his hands and said: "Go, go, it won't be too hot if you rush to the city earlier. "

Bai Po nodded, and followed Ning Muyan into the spacious carriage. When the wheels rolled, he still couldn't help poking his head out of the window: "Father, go home, don't send it off."

Jiang Zichun told After a few steps out of the carriage, he stopped at Bai Ke's words, and then he stopped.

The villagers who came out to the field early in the morning saw Bai Po getting into the big carriage from a long distance away. They didn't know the people in the carriage, and they didn't dare to go up to join in the fun.

Originally, he wanted to pull Jiang Zichun to say that the fifth son of the Liu family had confessed and clarified the matter, but now he found even more excitement.

"Doctor Jiang, where are you going, Brother Po?"

Jiang Zichun put his hands behind his back, and said to the villagers who came to see the fun, "I went to the city to learn medicine." The

villagers wanted to talk about Jiang Zichun, but they didn't I won't reveal any more.

The carriage drove out of the village road and onto the spacious official road outside, which became very smooth after changing the bumps.

The carriage stopped bouncing, but Bai Ke sat in the spacious carriage with his shoulders slumped, his head drooping, and he couldn't keep up his spirits.

His thoughts were so erratic that Ning Muyan, who was sitting on the main seat, glanced at him several times without noticing.

Ning Muyan lowered his eyes and drifted to his side from time to time, looking at that pale but rainy face, he was afraid that he would sigh aloud in a moment.

"Didn't your father sell you to the Ning Mansion as a slave, if you want to come back anytime, just let me know in advance."

Bai Po heard the permission, came back to his senses, and said: "Thank you, young master. "

He said thank you, but Ning Muyan didn't look very bright when he saw that little face. In this way, it shows that it didn't speak to the heart.

He was silent for a moment, and the carriage returned to silence.

Ning Muyan twisted Qu's slender fingers, and when they were alone, he always felt that he should say something more, and he couldn't act superior in front of him, so that Bai Ke would feel that master and servant were different, and would not want to get close to him .

Before going to Zhuangzi, everything seemed to be handy, but in fact he had already planned it out many times, but now that he is honestly in front of him, he doesn't know what to do.

"Where's the jade pendant that was taken away that day?"

Bai Po thought about the unhappy days in the Ning Mansion in the past, and couldn't bring himself to look up much, but he also thought that now that his status is different, the treatment should also be different, and he can't avoid it. Simply think of something that will make you a little happier.

So he thought, it will be almost noon when he arrives in Ning Mansion later, and he happens to be in time for lunch, so he wonders what he is having for lunch in the mansion today.

He remembered that the food in the Ning Mansion was not bad in the past, and some of the servants who had good looks were well-fed and well-rounded, and they often had meat in exchange for lunch and dinner.

Now he is a doctor in charge of taking care of Ning Muyan, and he is also a servant, but he is more decent than ordinary servants who do laundry and cooking, and the food should not be bad, he can eat meat.

I just don't know whether the main dish is Dongpo elbow or Mrs. Song's fish soup. It's not the 15th day of the Lunar New Year. A stack of seasonal snacks, such as rice wrapped in lotus leaves.

All the major masters of the Ning Mansion have their own courtyards and separate cooks. Ning Muyan, as the son-in-law of the Ning Mansion, is the best in all aspects of daily life, and the cooks are also very skilled.

In the past, he was lucky enough to have dinner twice, and the taste was so bad that he still remembered it vividly when he was a ghost, but he didn't pay much attention to being a concubine at that time, and he didn't eat twice with Ning Muyan. Most of the time, I eat the big pot rice cooked by the chef.

Just as he was thinking about swallowing, he heard the young master ask nonchalantly. He raised his head and glanced at Ning Muyan, then subconsciously covered his burden lightly, and frowned suspiciously.

What is this person doing, you don't want to go back with him, he is going to go to Ning Mansion with him to be an accompanying doctor now, don't be so stingy.

So he said: "I'll leave it at home."

Ning Muyan felt a little disappointed, and didn't even carry his things with him, no matter what.

"Are you hungry? I brought some bamboo leaf cakes in the village." I

want to eat, but not completely.

Bai Po shook his head: "I'm not hungry yet."

He had to eat less when riding in a carriage, he would vomit after the bumps, and he had to go to the mansion to eat on an empty stomach.

"I used breakfast when I came here?"

"Yes."

Ning Muyan paused: "What did you use?"

"Vegetarian noodles."

"Is it delicious?"

"Delicious."

"You made it?"

"Yes "

Ning Muyan asked shamelessly: "How do you do it?"

"It is to boil the noodles bought in the market with water and knead them into..."

In the middle of speaking, Bai Ke shrunk his mouth into a line in a speechless manner.

"If the young master is interested, I can make a bowl for the young master to taste when I arrive at the house?"

Ning Muyan only listened to the literal content first, and it was a pleasure for Bai Po to make him noodles, but he could smell the impatience in his tone , and dimmed his eyes again.

I don't even know that people are impatient.

After many years of ups and downs in the officialdom, he can guess people's hearts, but he can't figure out what a little brother is thinking in his heart.

This situation suddenly reminded him of the past.

At that time, Bai Po had not been in the mansion for a long time, and his grandmother arranged for him to serve in the study. Bai Po was not coquettish and flirtatious like the general room in the mansion, and he didn't know how to be courteous.

At that time, he was busy with the exams, and often sat in the study for an hour or two, and when he finished his work, he looked up, only to find that Bai Po had served him tea, and he was just standing there in the study without asking him to go out.

Ning Muyan also took pity on him, and called him aside to let him sit and eat pastries for a while.

Holding the scroll in his hand, he watched the people at the square table sipping food, his eyebrows stretched, and he wanted to say something to him.

If he wants to talk about the theory of the world, he can come with his mouth, but if he wants to chat with a little brother, he doesn't know what to say when he opens his mouth.

For this reason, I also had to bite the bullet and communicate, and I have talked with ducks like this many times.

At that time, he thought that the two of them had a pleasant conversation, and they were able to talk quite well, but he didn't know that it was Xiao Baixuan who didn't dare to show his emotions at that time, but now he is the real one.

Thinking of this, Ning Muyan coughed dryly, and cheekily eased the embarrassment: "That's fine, then we'll eat the plain noodles you made at noon."

Bai Po's eyes widened: "Huh?!"

--------------------

The author has something to say:

Bai Po: A stingy man! I paid for my good wine and food by mistake after all...