Chapter 53

When Bai Po returned home, he was still a little confused. Why did he suddenly recognize his adoptive father and adoptive mother?

Mrs. Shi is frail and has no children in her life, but Master Shi still loves her very much.

Precisely because the couple had no children, the godson they adopted must be very different, and apart from him, they did not hear of any other godsons.

Bai Po thought that Mr. and Mrs. Shi regarded Ning Muyan as his own son, but after this ordeal, he became his son.

His thoughts were wandering, and he didn't know how Ning Muyan persuaded Master Shi and his wife.

"For you, he has put some thought into it." When

Bai Po heard his father speak, he turned his head and murmured: "Father."

Jiang Zichun patted Bai Po's hand: "Since he is caring, father is fine It's easy to talk about. From now on, you should also be filial to Mr. and Mrs. Shi."

"Yes."

Bai Po was absent-minded, he wanted to see Ning Muyan right away.

But Ning Muyan is still in the mansion and has not come to the academy yet.

Ning Muyan has been staying in the study since morning, today he has not dealt with the affairs of the academy, nor has he written any articles in front of the desk, he just stands in front of the window with his hands behind his back, standing for an hour or two.

It wasn't until Qing Mo hurried into the room that there was some light in his eyes.

"Master, the letter from the Shifu."

Ning Muyan hurriedly took the letter from Qing Mo's hand and opened it. When he saw the contents of the letter, his brows twitched, he stretched his brows, and held up the already lit lamp beside him. Tea that has been cold for a long time.

"Go to Xijin Garden, let's have a meal together at home today."

Qing Mo raised a smile on the corner of his mouth: "Yes."

Ning Muyan straightened his clothes and went to Bao'an Hall.

"Why didn't you go to the academy today?" The

old lady just drank the medicine and was in good spirits. Seeing Ning Muyan coming, she waved to him with a smile.

"The academy is almost done, and the students will be able to enroll when the academy opens tomorrow. I will also take a day off today and have dinner with my grandmother." The

old lady nodded: "You have really worked hard these days. But I heard that your teacher has returned to Fucheng, you Is Master's health okay?"

"Master's body is still the same, Fucheng's winter is warmer than Beijing's, she plans to spend the winter in Fucheng, this year's Chinese New Year will be lively."

Elderly people like to be clean when they are old, but they also like to be lively. At that time, my family will celebrate the New Year in Fucheng and I am also very happy.

"Brother!"

Before the grandfather and grandson could say a few words, Ning Zhengyu ran in.

The old lady smiled and said: "Zheng Yu also came over today."

Ning Muyan said: "The academy is about to open, and I specially asked the whole family to have a meal together. Besides, there is one more thing I want to tell my family."

The old lady thought that Ning Muyan was going to talk about the academy, so she didn't ask any further questions, she just said: "It's because the whole family doesn't eat together for some days."

At noon, Tan Yuning's family and four of them had dinner in Bao'an Hall.

"Now that the matter in the academy has come to an end, the mansion is always deserted." Ning Muyan picked up a chopstick and put it into the old lady's bowl: "Today, while the whole family is here, I have something to tell the family, I want to prepare It's time to get married."

Tan Yun was startled when she heard the words, it seemed inconceivable that Ning Muyan would say such a thing as getting married, and he still brought it up by himself.

The old lady was even more surprised, but the surprise was only for a moment, and she was more relieved. She always felt that Ning Muyan didn't care about these things, so he put in a lot of effort and worry. Now that he proposed it himself, such a matter would be easier to handle than what the elders proposed many.

"Okay, okay." The old lady said two good words in a row, expressing her approval in her heart: "You are not young now, and it should be a good age to get married." The

two elders showed somewhat surprised expressions, but only Ning Zhengyu didn't, he already knew about Ning Muyan and Bai Po, since his brother came back from the capital, the two of them never took him with him, so he knew that they must be fine.

Now that his elder brother spoke, a smile appeared on his face, he only watched his grandmother talking to his mother, and seeing his grandmother overjoyed, he didn't want to tell his grandmother not to be too happy, maybe he would listen to his brother's words, and someone had to ask Go to the shrine.

"There are many good people in the city, and there are many people interested in you over the years. Grandma will help you..." Before the

old lady finished speaking, Ning Muyan said: "Grandma and mother don't need to worry about this matter. I have already taken a fancy to him."

"Oh?" The old lady opened her eyes slightly: "You have already taken a fancy to him?"

Because Tan Yun had a very close relationship with the Bian family before, she originally intended to match the Bian family with Ning Muyan. I often say good things about the Bian family on the old lady's side.

Who knew that the philistine of the Bian family changed his face when he learned that Ning Muyan was not in the capital and became an official, which caused her not only to be reprimanded by the old lady to judge people accurately in the future and to avoid dealing with such people, but also the family members outside. Laugh at her a lot.

After that, she calmed down for a while, and didn't make an idea of ​​who to match Ning Muyan with, and her mind was all on Ning Zhengyu's scientific examination.

Ning Muyan said that he was going to get married, and she had nothing to say, but now that Ning Muyan had already taken a fancy to him, she couldn't help being curious: "I don't know which family it is? But the Tan family in Nanyuan, I remember Miss Tan's family. I have been in love with Muyan since I was a child."

"It's not the Qin family, it's the Shi family."

Ning Muyan didn't go around and said directly: "Teacher's family." The

old lady laughed: "The Shi Ning family has been friends for many years, even though After your parents passed away, when the Ning family was in decline, the family treated the Ning family as before. This kind of friendship is rare."

"When your parents were still alive, they also said that they hoped that the two families could get married, but your teacher's mother has been in poor health. It turns out that the teacher is a deeply affectionate person, and there is no one else. Where did your descendants marry you?"

Ning Muyan said slowly: "Master's mother wants to raise her body in Fucheng, and the teacher has adopted an adopted son to take care of her. I want to marry him."

"A foster son? I don't know when I adopted a foster son."

Not only the old lady was surprised, but the other two people in the room were also thinking the same thing, they all put down their chopsticks and looked at Ning Mu Yan.

"I just received him not long ago. In fact, my grandmother also knows him. She is an old acquaintance." Ning Muyan said warmly, "It's Bai Po." "

Jiang Bai Po!" I don't blame her for losing her composure, after all, she had troubled him before, so it would be fine if she really became a family. "He..." The old lady's expression was not as clear as before, and she was not angry, but seemed to be in a complicated mood. "Bai Po is empathetic and has excellent medical skills. The teacher and his wife like him very much."

Seeing that the old lady didn't comment, Tan Yun quickly said: "But Mu Yan, he is a country herbal doctor after all, with a low status and no knowledge of poetry and etiquette. How can he compare with the ladies and gentlemen in the city?"

Ning Zhengyu hurriedly helped his brother: "I think Bai Ke is very good. Although he doesn't understand the etiquette of poetry and books, he is not coquettish at all. The ladies and young masters in the city don't understand medical skills, so each has its own advantages." "

Tan Yun saw Ning Zhengyu glared at him, and the little bastard turned his elbow outward.

Ning Zhengyu shrank his neck under Tan Yun's gaze. Although he knew that reprimand would be inevitable when he returned to the garden, he didn't want his brother to marry someone else to come back.

Not to mention that he will be unhappy, if there is another bad temper like Bian Daiyun, it will be strange if the family is not controlled by such a person.

"Grandmother also likes Bai Po very much? She always praises him as a talented doctor, so I want to find him a good family in the future. He has taken care of his grandmother. Wouldn't it be better if he married his brother?" Filial piety, if someone else has him, how can he take care of grandma's body." The

old lady was about to persuade Ning Muyan, because she said that she regretted not being able to marry the Shi family, and it was hard to say anything else, Ning Zhengyu said again. It's even harder to say that.

In the past, Bai Po really took care of her body wholeheartedly. If he was said to be bad this time, it would make people feel that she was repaying kindness and not remembering kindness.

"You're not discussing with the family, I'm afraid you're just here to inform." The

old lady looked at Ning Muyan, and she took a deep breath in her heart, feeling more and more unable to see through her grandson.

She was relieved, but also sighed.

Seeing that the old lady was not angry, Ning Muyan knew that the teacher's family had a big face.

"Mu Yan just thinks it's almost perfect, and thinking about grandma is the same as me."

The old lady put down her chopsticks, neither agreed nor directly refused, and the meal was over.

"Brother, do you think grandma will agree?"

When he returned, Ning Zhengyu knew that he would be scolded by Tan Yun, so he simply followed Ning Muyan to Gaomu Garden.

"Whether grandma agrees or disagrees, I have already made up my mind."

Ning Muyan entered the study and sat down in front of the desk. Ning Zhengyu was slightly relieved to see his brother's determined expression, but he was still afraid that the family would fly away. The dog jumped, unavoidably a little worried.

But when he saw the betrothal gift list drafted by his brother on the table, his eyes almost popped out: "Brother has already prepared the betrothal gift?

" Take a look, see if there is any suddenness."

Although Zhengyu is still young, he probably doesn't know anything about these things, but the authorities are obsessed, and everything is drafted by himself, maybe he is not thoughtful enough, maybe others can see it at a glance something wrong.

There are so many things going on in the academy these days, but they are just tedious in the end, so it's fine to prepare quietly.

However, the matter of monologue Po made him uneasy. In fact, he had already planned to let the teacher accept Bai Po as his adopted son. He knew that only the Shi family could stop his grandmother's mouth.

Asking the teacher to agree to him would be a good idea, but at that time the teacher was in the capital, and the court was busy with government affairs, how could he bother the teacher for his own selfishness, he could wait for the opportunity, but it would take time.

But he and Bai Ke get together so little and leave more, always see Bai Po reluctant to part with him, but he is not.

Every time after the meeting ended, he was worried that Bai Ke would be disappointed in him, afraid that he would give up and would not wait long.

Fortunately, God made it perfect, and the teacher returned to the city.

In those nights when we parted and missed each other after meeting, he could pass the time and feel at ease only if he wrote down the betrothal gifts to Bai Chi one by one with a pen.

Ning Zhengyu looked at more than a dozen sheets of paper in the dowry gift list, deleted, corrected, and then copied them. The one in his hand was already corrected, and there was still a pile of circled and crossed-out waste paper on the table, which was enough to show that his brother was serious about this matter. Take care of things.

"Brother is careful, he's well prepared and thoughtful."

Hearing such words, Ning Muyan didn't smile. He wanted to hear something useful rather than praise him.

Ning Zhengyu sat down next to his brother, and he was smart for a while.

"How my brother prepares the dowry, it can only show the family background of the Ning family." Ning

Zhengyu said: "Bai Po's background is relatively low, and the dowry prepared by the family may not be as good as those big families in the city. Brother may as well take the dowry as well. " Get it ready for Bai Po, and leave it to him first, and it will look even better when you get married."

Ning Muyan's eyes lit up, and he patted Ning Zhengyu's shoulder: "You are very thoughtful."

He immediately picked up the pen: "I Use your private property as a dowry for the white scorpion, and when you leave Shi's house, others will not gossip, only the family at that time valued him. In two days, Qi Jue will return to the city. He got married early, so I will go with the list. Ask him."

Ning Zhengyu smiled: "There must be no mistakes."

"Everything is ready, just grandmother nodding."

Ning Muyan nodded Ning Zhengyu's forehead: "Bai Po is also from the Shifu now. My brother, if my brother wants to get married, a mother will naturally have to worry about it. Grandma may not agree if I ask, but if my teacher asks, grandma can still refuse."

"Brother really got it right." The

next day, Qingshan Academy opened, and it was very lively. Ning Muyan went to preside over the overall situation, and Mrs. Shi came to visit Ning's house in a soft sedan chair.

Bai Po got up from the bed early in the morning before dawn, knowing that the academy was busy today, he slipped into the academy through the back door of the medical hall ahead of schedule.

Entering is the back garden of the academy.

Scholars gathered today, listening to the dean's lectures in the square, while Bai Po hid on the stands in the garden and watched Ning Muyan, who was dressed in a swallow-colored robe from a distance, speaking some messages for the country and the people.

He has a stunning face, although he deliberately wore dark clothes to add some majesty, but he is young after all, the students below him are big and small, the youngest is eight or nine years old, and the older one is already a little old man, listening to Ning Mu with respect. Yan Xun's words are unavoidably funny.

Bai Po squatted on the stands, listening to the clear voice, lost in thought, until the end of the show, he didn't realize it, and when the crowd came to this side, he hurriedly prepared to leave, it was already too late, and the scholars all came to prepare to enter. classroom.

He steadied himself and didn't go down, he was going to wait for the students to enter the classroom before going down. After a while, he heard the sound of stepping on the stairs, Bai Po took a deep breath, wanted to say if he was pretending to be a cleaner or lost his way, and saw Ning Muyan coming up with his clothes on.

He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw someone: "It's over?"

Ning Muyan came over and pulled him into his arms, Bai Po was stunned: "What's wrong?"

"When do you want to get married?" A

nonsensical sentence Bai Po was stunned, not knowing how to answer, and after a while he said, "You told the old lady about us?"

"Yes."

Bai Po wanted to get out of Ning Muyan's arms to talk to him, but Ning Muyan refused to let go.

"Then you were fined to kneel again, right? I wanted to see you yesterday but I didn't see you coming out. Let me see."

"No, it's fine."

"Then you've been wronged." Pushing Ning Muyan: "Okay, this is in the academy, it's not good for people to see, I have something to tell you."

Just as the words finished, a dry cough came first.

Bai Po's heart skipped a beat, and he hurriedly pushed Ning Muyan away, but when he turned around, he saw Ning Zhengyu pursing his lips and smiling.

"You..." Bai Po breathed a sigh of relief, and said in a bad mood: "Why did you come here?"

"I came to see how the academy is, I didn't expect this folk custom... Tsk." Ning Zhengyu shook his head: "The dean takes the lead." It's not right."

Bai Ke blushed, and said with a straight neck: "Don't talk nonsense, the young master is uncomfortable."

Ning Zhengyu raised his eyebrows: "Oh, why is your body so strange, can you feel comfortable just hugging it?"

" That's not true." Ning Muyan said: "Little Doctor Jiang is just listening to my irregular heart rate."

Ning Zhengyu rolled his eyes, seeing that his brother was starting to be unruly, he quickly interrupted: "That's right, one It 's better than someone who can pretend."

"I came here to report the news, Mrs. Shi came over, and the matter is done!"