Chapter 5

Bai Po felt a little resentful, and the joyful mood that was in the morning was gone.

After staying on the mountain until the afternoon, he found a stone pier to sit and eat pancakes. The mountain was damp and cold, and he spent an hour or two in the bushes. His legs, feet and cloth shoes were already wet, so he didn't feel cold after walking around. Just looking at the few pueraria and herb plants in the basket, the harvest was not satisfactory.

After Liu Wu made such a fuss, Bai Po didn't have the heart to collect herbs carefully. After eating a cake packed up the mountain in a dull manner, he simply went down the mountain early.

He wanted to go back and talk to his father to see how he could explain things to the Liu family.

Back in the small courtyard, the house was bustling with activity. His father had already returned, and Mrs. Qin, who had invited him to see a doctor this morning, followed him in the courtyard.

"Brother Po is really good. As expected of Dr. Jiang, he brought him up. In the future, he may be able to help Dr. Jiang with his visits. Dr. Jiang can breathe a sigh of relief, but it is also a blessing for our village."

"Where is Mrs. Qin? The bastard went to see a doctor without saying hello to me, but fortunately there was nothing wrong with him, otherwise he would have killed two bullies."

Having said that, Bai Po could hear his father's laughter outside the yard.

Bai Po went into the yard, and the two people who were talking stopped talking. Seeing Bai Po came back, Mrs. Qin hurriedly stepped forward with a smile and said, "Brother Po, thank you very much. After using your method, It's only been a few hours, and our second ox is alive and kicking again, so I can't sit still and follow his father to other villages to buy pigs this afternoon."

"As long as the child is fine, this is what I should do. "

Mistress Qin took Bai Po's hand for a long time to be grateful, and finally, she kept a large piece of pork, which was both as a thank you and as a medical fee.

People in the village like to take some practical things.

Waiting for the person to leave, Jiang Zichun twitched his beard and looked at Bai Po: "You are getting more and more courageous."

Bai Po knew that it was his father who was afraid that he would be misdiagnosed and that something might go wrong, but he didn't feel angry or wronged. , and told the truth about the pulse shape and the medicine prescribed today, Jiang Zichun laughed after hearing it.

"You've done a good job. In the past, as long as you helped me, Dad ignored your talent." And

he didn't forget to boast to himself: "The blood of my Jiang family is not bad."

Bai Jian The corners of his mouth also raised, he didn't have much talent, it's just that hard work can make up for his weakness.

In the past, he couldn't read, so he could only help his father dry the herbs and grind the powder, and he couldn't read anything written in the prescription.

He can get the diagnosis, but he can only dictate the prescription, and he can't write it down. It's inconvenient to find someone to write it for him. He's not a famous doctor, and it's impossible for him to have a special medicine boy. Later, he was carried to Ning's house by a sedan chair. There is no chance to see a doctor alone.

Although his father is literate, not to mention that the doctor is busy, it is difficult to be free during the day, and he has to support the family, even if he wants to teach him, he has no time.

It was later that he entered the Ning Mansion and learned to read by chance.

From a scholarly family, even the eldest girl and the old lady can read, and some of them can read poetry and books. He is often dismissed by jokes because he can't read big characters.

The Ning Mansion attaches great importance to reading, and there is a private school in the mansion for the youngest son of the clan's nephew to enlighten, even daughters and elder brothers can go to study.

This is the benefit of the big family.

At that time, Bai Po had nothing to do in Ning Mansion, and the school happened to be not far from his yard, separated by a low wall, so he went to study secretly every day.

Because he is a naive little boy, Kai Meng, and he is just a white man, just in time to keep up with the progress. The gentlemen in the Ning Mansion are first-class, and it is hard to find a lot of money outside. He really learned how to read and read, watching the young children in the school all the way grow up, and the end Ranked in the scientific examination...

If I hadn't found something to do in those days, I would have died of suffocation in the square sky.

Later he learned to read, and another group of young children named Kaimeng were replaced in the school, so he stopped learning from the beginning, so he just read some medical books, articles and history books in the room... These things are the most indispensable thing in Zuo Ning Mansion. Thinking about it is as simple as a farmer digging a small cabbage.

The people in the house were not surprised to see him collecting medical books, they thought they were collected for his father, but the old lady said that he was somewhat filial, so the people in the house didn't interfere.

He collected poems, books and history books, but people didn't know why. Everyone didn't know that he could read, and they thought he was infatuated with Ning Muyan, and specially took his books to express their lovesickness, which made another joke.

He didn't care about people's teasing when he had something to do with his life. After all, he was a joke in the eyes of the rich and idle people in the mansion. No matter what he did, he was just a joke. He was a little ashamed at first, but he got used to it over time.

He was originally from a peasant family, and he was surrounded by vulgar people, so his skin was thicker and his mentality was better than those of these noble families who came from rich families with a golden spoon in their mouths. The people in the house couldn't think of hanging themselves and swallowing gold.

After a bitter cold, today is finally useful, he rubbed his hands with a smile: "Father, can I follow you to see a doctor from now on?

" Others can take care of themselves if they have a skill."

Bai Po agreed.

While he was happy, Bai Po remembered the business again, and his little face collapsed again: "Father, I met Liu Wu when I went to the mountain to collect medicine today. I don't know if there was a misunderstanding."

He said the matter in a simple way, and tried his best to tact the harsh words, but his father still raised his eyebrows after hearing it.

"Why is this man like this? I just told Mr. Liu about your age, and I didn't say anything else. Why did you just agree, but he still came to look for you? At best, it's okay to say that the marriage is over. Forget it, if it doesn't work, let the other folks think."

"The Liu family can't do it. I'll go and refuse tomorrow, so don't add to the trouble."

Bai Po breathed a sigh of relief: "Then I'll go with Dad."

" No, don't go to such a thing, Dad will take care of it for you."

Jiang Zichun walked around the room for a while with his hands behind his back, but he was still worried, so he couldn't sit still in the room.

Bai Po was washing vegetables in the kitchen, and turned his head to see that his father had gone out again, presumably to go to Liu's house, he was a little worried, wiped his hands on his waist, and took off the apron.

The father and son headed towards Liu's house one after the other.

The surname Liu is one of the big surnames in the village. The clan has a prosperous family, with a lot of land, livestock and trees, and the houses are built with blue tiles and white walls like those in the city. How much face, otherwise many things cannot be conveyed.

Bai Po followed behind from a distance, watching the long-term worker of the Liu family come to open the door, and heard that his father was going to look for Liu Jin, but did not let anyone in, but only talked to his father at the gate of the compound, as if to say something Mr. Liu was not at home, he went to Zhuangzi in the east of the village, and he didn't know when he would come back.

Just thinking it was a waste of a trip, suddenly an old man and a young man walked up behind the house, they happened to be the landlord Liu Jin and his son Liu Wu.

Jiang Zichun smiled slightly when he saw someone: "Coincidentally, I thought that Mr. Liu would not return for a while, but my luck came at the right time."

Liu Jin with his hands behind his back, although he is a landlord, he walks through the countryside all the year round. Even though life is much better than that of the villagers, he is not like the pampered and rich people in the city. No matter how decent he is, he can't hide the aura of the villagers, and his complexion is not very good at this time, and his face is even darker.

Seeing Jiang Zichun, he only gave him a sideways glance, with no good expression on his face: "There is no one in the family who is sick. There is no need for a doctor. Go back."

"Master Liu, I came here today to talk about our brother Po Something."

Liu Jin thought it was to send Bai Po's birthday horoscope over to talk about marriage, but at this moment, he was in such a mood, so he said angrily: "Go, go, let's talk tomorrow if there is anything else, I don't have time today "

After saying that, Liu Jin impatiently pushed Jiang Zichun in front of him, turned around and entered his yard, Liu Wu followed closely behind his father's buttocks, and Chang Gong stopped Jiang Zichun wisely. outside the door.

Seeing his father being shut down by Liu Jin and almost rushing out after being shut down, Bai Po felt very uncomfortable. The Liu family is indeed more proud than the rich and powerful in the city. He was about to go forward, but he came folks.

"Doctor Jiang, how are you here? The medicine you exchanged with my old man last time is gone. Maybe you can get me some more? I'm going to your place."

Jiang Zichun restrained himself from being humiliated just now. The look on his face turned into a gentle way: "The medicine prescribed last time is indeed almost exhausted, but I still have something to do right now. Can I send it later."

"I'll wait if you have anything to do ." It's okay ."

Jiang Zichun responded, and wanted to knock on the door of Liu's house, but Liu's family worker stopped him and said, "Mr. Jiang, please go back. I saw you just now. Our master is not happy today."

Jiang Zichun sighed , folded himself and said to the villagers: "Let's go, get the medicine."

Seeing that Jiang Zichun was shut down, the villagers took a long look at the Liu family. After walking a little further, the villagers cursed: "The Liu family is polite when they are in charge, and they are always proud."

Jiang Zichun didn't say anything. , just smiled.

Seeing this, Bai Po withdrew his foot and didn't follow.

Thinking that today's matter can't be settled, he will just come back tomorrow, but the attitude of Liu's family is really chilling, he is not going to rush to marry their family, why is he showing face to his father like this.

Waiting for his father and the villagers to disappear, he was about to go back, but saw a woman coming out of Liu's house, cursing.

"It's no surprise that the nobles in the village don't want to see country people like us. They rushed to curry favor with me, and then shook face with me after being rejected. What kind of man are they? I'll go back to my mother's house right now."

Bai Ke Hearing the sound carefully, he wanted to listen to a few more words, but the woman was not too young, but she was still crying, and she didn't hide her face, as if she wanted to let people know that the Liu family treated her badly.

This woman was Liu Jin's leading lady, and the villagers privately said that she was a jealous woman, because she was dissatisfied with Liu Jin and had several younger ones who were always making trouble.

In a few words, Bai Po probably figured out why the father and son looked so ugly when they came back just now. It turned out that they were rejected by others, and now they just put on a show and let others shut the door.

Bai Po glanced to the east from a distance, and there was a spacious house built on the flat stack, much more beautiful and spacious than the one built by the Liu family. It was a village built by a wealthy family in the city in the countryside.

This kind of Zhuangzi is also common in the countryside. It is set up by big families to facilitate the management of land, grain and livestock. There are stewards who come and go every day, and you can often see the leaders of the farmers.

Although they are in the same village, the stewards in the village seldom interact with the villagers. After all, the servants of rich families are not comparable to ordinary ordinary people, but the landlords in the village like to curry favor. To be able to connect with the boss behind Zhuangzi.

Bai Po has always known that there is a big village in their village, but he doesn't know who is the owner behind the village. Hearing that there is a noble person from Mrs. Liu's family, could it be that Zhuangzi's owner is here?

He wondered as he walked, but shook his head again, so what does it matter to him if the boss of Zhuangzi comes? The people in the left and right villages have never invited his father to see a doctor, and they can't get any business.

Bai Po was walking in a trance, when an elegant voice sounded unexpectedly behind him: "Jiang Bai Po."