Chapter 54

"Grandmother was very happy when Mrs. Shi left. I heard that we have to choose a date." Ning Zhengyu said with a smile, "Sure enough, my brother's prediction was right. As soon as Mrs. Shi stepped forward, things would be settled."

"Bai Po, I didn't do it for you ." Don't say good things, you won't be able to bicker with me in the future."

Bai Yu was overjoyed, and he was a little stupefied with joy, when he heard Ning Zhengyu's words: "How could I bicker with a child."

Ning Muyan raised the corners of his mouth , He stretched out his hand to hold the white scorpion, pulled the person to his side, and said to Ning Zhengyu: "Okay, I still have things to do, Zhengyu, you go back first."

Ning Zhengyu didn't want to disturb the good things of the two of them, so he Nodding his head, he watched Ning Muyan lead Bai Po away.

Ning Muyan had to teach the students in the afternoon, so he didn't leave the academy, and took Bai Jian to the dean's office in the west courtyard.

Bai Po secretly followed Ning Muyan, he was relieved when he entered the room, and quickly closed the door with his backhand.

He poured himself a cup of tea and drank it, and sat on Ning Muyan's chair by himself.

"Have you eaten breakfast?"

"Not yet."

Ning Muyan lifted a food box from the table, opened it on the table, and brought out two servings of porridge, pickles, and fried crispy fritters.

"Maybe the deep-fried dough sticks are a little cold, try it."

Bai Po took a piece into his hand without any politeness, "You know I'm coming over?"

"Yesterday the teacher invited you and Dr. Jiang to the mansion, you must be full Puzzled, and I haven't seen me, why don't you come here today."

Ning Muyan looked at Bai Po biting the fritters, and poked his lower eyelid with his hand: "Didn't sleep well last night? One eye is black and blue."

Bai Po gulped down his rice: "Yeah, I didn't even eat dinner."

Knowing that Ning Muyan couldn't run away, Bai Po finished the whole bowl of porridge with peace of mind, and when his stomach was full, he asked the question in his heart: "Did you do it specially? When the arrangements are made, will the adults accept me as a foster son?"

Ning Muyan nodded.

"How could Master Shi agree?"

Ning Muyan sat down next to Bai Po, and talked with Bai Po about the past of the Shi family.

In the past, Zizhan was actually just a farmer in the countryside, but he was talented. All the way through the imperial examination, he became an official and became a capable minister of His Majesty.

When Shi Zizhan was poor, no one cared about him, and there were many people on the gold list who wanted to betroth his daughter, but Shi Zizhan only fell in love with Mrs. Shi, who had taken care of him when he was down and out.

Even Mrs. Shi is just a daughter of a small family, and she has been sick since she was a child, and she is no longer suitable for Shi Zizhan, who is on the top two list of Jinshi.

But Shi Zizhan still took the risk of offending the noble family and disobeying the clan to marry Mrs. Shi, even though he had no children in his life, he never regretted it.

"Just knowing these old things, the teacher is a deeply affectionate person, so he must be able to understand our embarrassment and is willing to help."

Ning Muyan recalled that day when he asked for help, thinking that the teacher would persuade him, but unexpectedly He agreed, and it was only that day that he found out that the teacher and Dr. Jiang had an old friendship, so he agreed so readily.

"Bai Po, in fact, I don't have to go through such a lot of trouble. The teacher can marry the teacher's wife against all odds, and so can I. It's just that I have noticed how difficult it is for the teacher and the teacher's wife to be together these years.

" His wife's health has not been good due to the pressure from relatives, maybe it's because of these reasons.

If he wanted to get married with Bai Po quickly, he would naturally fulfill his wish, but getting married doesn't mean the end of the day, it's the beginning of the day.

As a man, he doesn't have many people who dare to say anything outside, but Bai Po is different. If there is no dreaded backer behind him, life will be difficult after all, and he doesn't want Bai Po to get caught up in it.

"I didn't make these arrangements because I think your status is low, but I just hope that life will be easier in the future."

Bai Po nodded: "I understand your intentions."

"Fortunately, Master Shi is willing to make it happen."

Ning Muyan touched Bai Pooh's head.

Blinking into Dongyue.

This year is a warm winter, and there is no snow in the winter months. There are always sunny days, and there are more people going out. The market is more lively than in previous years.

Bai Po has been very busy these days. The three families agreed on the date of marriage, which was set in the spring of March after the calendar year. One is that there are auspicious days in March that are suitable for marriage, and the other is that the weather is warmer and it is more convenient to hold banquets.

After some discussion, although it is said that the marriage is settled, but now it is two big families getting married, and there are also necessary complicated etiquettes.

On the 16th day of the winter month, the Ning family accepted Cai, invited a matchmaker to formally go to the Shi family, and sent the hired wild goose.

Bai Po lived in Shi's house these days, and his father would come over to watch the ceremony together when there was an important event.

Shi Zizhan had to go back to Beijing to continue his job, but he still had to wait until the date of marriage was chosen and the Shi family came to accept him before he was ready to leave.

The Shi family had no children, so they were very happy to be able to arrange the marriage between Ning Muyan and Bai Jian. If it wasn't for the urgent government affairs, Shi Zizhan would not be willing to go back to Beijing, and wanted to stay in the capital to watch all the rituals.

Mrs. Shi has rarely been separated from Shi Zizhan. Originally, the couple will live in two places this winter. Mrs. Shi was worried that she would not give up, but now she is busy with white things, so there is no need to think about it.

It's just that Shi Zizhan was sad for half an hour on the day when he left, and told Shi Zizhan to arrange a rest and bath with the court during the Chinese New Year, and to attend the wedding banquet of the two children.

After the person left, he happily led the white scorpion to make arrangements for the marriage.

"If it weren't for you, I would never have the opportunity to arrange these happy events in my life. If I am busy with something, my energy will be better than taking medicine, and I will enjoy the blessing of children and grandchildren once again."

Mrs. Ning is also happy , although he was not very satisfied with Ning Muyan's marriage before, but when Mrs. Shi came to ask for help, she accepted the marriage frankly.

Things are a foregone conclusion, you can do it if you like it, and you can do it if you are not happy. But she couldn't pretend to be happy if she didn't want to. The Ning family hadn't had such a happy event for a long time. The eldest grandson got married, so she didn't care about the family affairs and now she came out to take care of them.

She was worried that Tan Yun and Ning Muyan's mother and son would not get along, and that she had misunderstood and made things difficult for Bai Chi back then, and was afraid that things would not look good, so she came out to take care of them herself.

Now the wives in charge of the two families have done it in person, so etiquette is naturally indispensable.

One day, Bai Po was taken to measure for the wedding dress, and the next day he was called to see the dowry. It really happened every day.

The reason why he was so busy was because it happened so suddenly. Ning Muyan prepared a dowry for him. The Shi family had no children, and Mrs. Shi really treated him as her brother, so she also prepared a generous dowry for him. Jiang Zichun naturally agreed. It is necessary to prepare a copy.

Although the things are not as expensive as those of the Shi family and the Ning family, they are Bai Po's favorite and Jiang Zichun's treasured medical skills and prescriptions.

Moreover, when the Ning family gave the dowry, Mrs. Jiang and Jiang Zichun agreed to add Bai Po's dowry to Bai Po's dowry. In this way, Bai Po's wealth increased dramatically.

He couldn't help joking that he would no longer have to reach out to Young Master Ning, who was so picky, and he wasn't afraid that he would deduct money from where he didn't move.

In short, after a long period of accepting, accepting auspiciousness, asking names, accepting registrations, and asking for a period, it has already entered the twelfth lunar month.

In the future, there will be three books and six ceremonies, and marriage will be married. This matter will not be done until the end of the year.

Now that the previous procedures are completed, it means that the marriage has been made, so it can be regarded as a little easier.

As the end of the new year approached, Bai Po went back to the medical center from Shifu. On the way, he saw many old gentlemen selling couplets at the street.

He thought that this year might be the last one to celebrate at home, and he wanted to have a stronger taste of the year, so he got out of the carriage and prepared to buy two couplets, a few red lanterns to hang at the door, and window grilles.

Seeing that the old man's handwriting was good and there were quite a lot of people at the stall, Bai Po picked up a pair of couplets, and suddenly raised his eyebrows slightly: "Old man, do you have couplet paper for sale, without inscriptions?"

"Yes, how many couplets do you want ?" ?"

"Take a third copy."

Bai Po went straight to Qingshan Academy with the red paper in his arms.

It was the time for classes, and the sound of reading in the academy was loud, especially the voices of the young students.

Bai Po ran to the dean's room in a quick and familiar manner. Ning Muyan was still in class, so he wasn't in the room at the moment.

He spread out the couplet paper in his hand, looked around the room, and came back with him for the first time and added a lot of articles and files. These days, Dean Ning is not only busy with getting married, but also busy with doing things in the academy.

Bai Jian helped tidy up the slightly messy table and case, and then heard the sound of steady footsteps.

"When did you come here?"

Ning Muyan was holding a volume of books. He had a serious expression on his face. When he saw Bai Po in the room, he immediately smiled. He put down the book, went up to hold Bai Po's hand, and rubbed it lightly: "It's been a while. Your hands are so cold."

Bai Po said: "I just came here, I just bought some couplet paper on the way, and I wanted to ask the dean for a pair of calligraphy."

Ning Muyan pulled him to the desk: "What's the matter? No , I will send it to the hospital in person when I finish writing it."

"I would like to thank the director very much."

Bai Po picked up the ink grinder next to him, and Ning Muyan picked up the pen to Bai Po, and immediately held his hand and straightened it. I was about to write, but there was a knock on the door outside the house.

"Dean, yesterday's article has been collected and I'll bring it to you." Hearing this,

Bai Po hurriedly got out from under Ning Muyan's arms, he opened his eyes wide and whispered, "Shall I hide under the table? "

"No need." Ning Muyan laughed, and said to the outside: "Come in." The

scholar came in after hearing the words, and when he reached the door, he saw two people in the room. The stack of articles was carefully placed on the table, with an apologetic expression on his face: "Excuse me."

Bai Ke habitually wanted to hide when he met people, but after thinking about it carefully, he had already passed the clear path, and he didn't need to be so sneaky anymore, he just expressed It's nice to be generous and decent.

Thinking about becoming the teacher's wife of this group of scholars, but now she has to pay some money when she sees people, and she can't lose the dean's dignified and self-respecting image.

He was about to sit upright on the chair, when he saw someone coming in, Bai Chi almost sat down on the ground.

The scholar hurriedly wanted to leave, but when he came to the door, he remembered that he had something to say, so he turned back bravely: "Dean, Tan Ze said that he has a stomach discomfort, and wants to take leave this afternoon to see a doctor."

Ning Muyan's eyebrows twitched: "You go and let him stay in the classroom, I have a ready-made doctor here."

"Oh, good." The

scholar bowed to Ning Muyan, and then to Bai Po before retreating . He went out and carefully closed the door.

Hearing the sound of footsteps walking away, Bai Po thought about the face passing by in front of him, with a mole at the corner of his eye, which looked very familiar. He immediately threw himself on Ning Muyan, and said in horror: "The scholar just now looks so familiar, I Remember, it looks like a little mandarin duck that you surprised by the lake one day."

Ning Muyan nodded, "Exactly."

Bai Po's face was flushed, "You're not afraid that he will ruin your reputation for the rest of your life if he speaks out. And let him go in and out of the dean's room, when the time comes, they will say that you are upright on the surface and do some shameless things behind your back."

Ning Muyan laughed: "Not to mention the situation, each encounter has its own reasons, It's hard for anyone to open their mouths to bring up the day's affairs. Secondly, I'm about to become a full-time member in private, and I'm afraid of this."

Bai Po pursed his lips and muttered something treacherous and cunning.

"Okay, come with me to see Tan Ze. This kid is the son of a wealthy businessman. He's a bit of a dandy. He's preoccupied with cockfighting and running dogs. He always wants to ask for leave."

Bai Po straightened his clothes: "Okay, then you can Be careful, we haven't gotten married yet, so it won't sound good if it spreads."

"Okay."

Bai Po followed Ning Muyan to the classroom in the east courtyard, originally Ning Muyan only brought his son, but there were not two in the academy Juzi, for this reason, I brought another scholar from the classroom.

At this time, after the morning class, the scholars were all idle in the classroom, chattering, talking and writing, and someone who wrote: "The dean is here!"

Everyone hurried back to their seats, sat upright and said hello to Ning Muyan, seeing that there was a little tail behind Ning Muyan, they all turned their heads to look secretly.

Just as he was thinking about who this brother was and how he walked with the dean, he saw Ning Muyan knock on the table.

The scholar lying on the table said lazily: "Yu He, have you made it clear to the dean that my stomach is real..." The

scholar raised his head and saw a handsome young man standing in front of him. Brother, he thought he was still dreaming when he fell asleep, so he gritted his painful thigh and bared his teeth.

Before Bai Po opened his mouth, he grabbed the scholar's wrist and felt his pulse before saying, "What's wrong with you?"

Tan Ze swallowed, "Yes, my stomach is not feeling well."

Bai Po let go of the scholar's hand, raised his hand again, Opening the scholar's eyes with two fingers, he said in a low voice, "You've eaten too much and you've been stretched."

The scholar who was watching the bustle next to him couldn't help laughing, and Tan Ze's face was also slightly red, just thinking After a few yells, Ning Muyan, who was standing with his hands behind his head, said coldly: "Next time I will use such an excuse to ask for leave, I will not be polite."

Tan Ze shrank his neck: "I see Long."

Bai Po said, "I'll ask the drug boy to bring you some digestive medicine later."

Tan Ze hurriedly got up and gave Bai Po a gift: "Thank you, doctor."

Then he gave Ning Mu Yan saluted and said: "Principal Xie is concerned and invited the doctor to come."

"Forget it, write the article yourself."

Ning Muyan shook his sleeves and left. The scholar laughed out loud: "Tan Ze, next time you ask for leave, don't pretend to be sick. There is a medical center next to our academy."

Uncharacteristically, Qin Ze ignored everyone's teasing, and grabbed Yu He: "Hey, the doctor who just came is from the medical center outside the academy?"

Yu He responded: "Maybe, otherwise, how could he come so quickly. "

Tan Ze rubbed his chin and looked in the direction Bai Po left: "I never thought there would be such a young doctor."

Yu He turned his head to see the reminiscence on Tan Ze's face, and he frowned: "Don't you, kid?" Will you fall in love with a doctor again?"

"Don't you think that the doctor just now has a clear face and good medical skills, so he must be a gentle and considerate person." Tan Ze showed a foolish smile: "The moment I opened my eyes and saw him It suddenly seemed like a dream."

Yu He thought that if Ning Muyan knew about this matter...he immediately shivered and shivered.

"Do you think the dean is a talkative person?"

Tan Ze frowned: "Why talk about him politely, if I were a talkative person, I would be laughed at today?"

Yu He pursed his lips and patted Tan Ze's shoulder: "Since you know that the dean is not a good friend, then you should be more honest."

Tan Ze naturally didn't understand Yu He's meaning, and he was dissatisfied. It doesn't matter who people admire.

But he still didn't say this, he only said to He: "Come on, I know what I know."

Bai Po went back to the medical center and prescribed some digestive medicine, and asked the medicine boy to send it to the classroom. The medicine boy thought that there was no place in the classroom Boil medicine, digestion medicine should be taken as soon as possible, the new medicine boy will take the medicine and boil it, and send it to the academy to drink directly.

Bai Po and Ning Muyan said: "It must be that it is not easy for this student to teach, it is not as easy as his own scientific examination."

"It's not easy to discipline young people, but fortunately, it's just laziness and not paying attention to reading. There haven't been any headaches or anger yet."

Bai Po smiled and said, "It doesn't matter, I will prepare gunpowder for you at any time ." "

Ning Muyan was about to give Bai Po a hug: "Recently, the dean has a happy event coming up. He has a good temper and won't get angry easily. He must let down the gunpowder prepared by Dr. Jiang."

He hasn't touched it yet . When Bai Po saw Jiang Zichun coming back from his visit, he swiftly withdrew his hand and turned to salute Jiang Zichun: "My lord father-in-law."

Jiang Zichun's face was full of joy when he was called by his father-in-law: "Mu Yan didn't teach?"

"The morning class has already been taught." After a while, some students are not feeling well, so I will follow Bai Ke to prescribe some medicine."

"Okay, okay. I should have a cup of tea with you, but I have to go home to see a doctor. In this way, you come to the medical center at noon For dinner, I'll ask Bai Po to cook a few more dishes."

Ning Muyan smiled and said, "It's a great honor."

Bai Po lay down in front of the consultation table, watching Weng and his son-in-law talk for a long time before Ning Muyan sent Lao Jiang away. When the doctor went out, he rested his chin and said, "Master, do you want to cook for me?"

"Well...the couplet was not written, and the article was not approved, but if my husband asks me to cook, I will definitely not refuse."

"Come on, I've said so much without refusing, go back and get busy, and order over for dinner later. I'll buy a fresh fish and make soup for you."

Ning Muyan smiled and nodded: "Okay."

Bai Ke looked at it Watching Ning Muyan go back to the academy, with a full heart, he went out to buy fish with his net bag.

When he came back, he went to the kitchen to light a fire and make soup. By noon, the kitchen was already filled with the delicious smell of fish soup.

Bai Po wiped his hands and went to the hospital in the front yard. He saw that the academy had already rang the bell, and scholars came out one after another.

He looked at the gate of the academy a few times with his head, thinking that Ning Muyan would not come out right now, he slapped his head thinking that he might have come from the back door, and wanted to go in instead, when suddenly a flower seller stopped him.

"Little Doctor Jiang, your flowers." With a frown,

Bai Po's eyebrows moved, and he took a bouquet of camellias handed over by Hua Lang, suddenly smiled, and then asked cautiously: "Have you paid?"

"Why didn't you pay?"

Bai Po Po raised his eyebrows, thanked him, and walked briskly into the house with flowers in his hands.