Chapter 9

"You hang your head, you don't feel ashamed enough today, don't you?" The

father and son of the Liu family returned home, and Liu Jin was full of anger. Seeing Liu Wu still looked dejected, even more so. Out of breath.

"Father, let's just forget about this marriage?"

"It's okay to be deaf. You didn't hear what the father and son said today, and you still think about it. They didn't even look at you!"

Liu Wu heard this . Shame on his face, being poked so brightly, even his own father's angry words also frustrated his self-esteem, he was rejected twice in a row, and he was really unwilling: "But I have already boasted to Guanshi Huang What if he asks about it?"

"It's not that you have nothing to say, who is to blame, and Huang Zhixing is just a few words of politeness, there are doctors in Renzhuangzi, but they just came back in the past two days Once we're in the city, can we still use the Jiang family's father and son when we come back?" Liu Jin scolded angrily, "If you hadn't talked nonsense, would your father and I have been able to go to get angry today?"

"You are just like your mother. Don't worry, when can I learn from your elder brother's future. Go away, let me be quiet and quiet."

Liu Wu was also angry, and wanted to say something, but his father scolded him and drove him out, feeling annoyed His face turned red.

When he went out, he secretly clenched his fists, and a look of sternness flashed in his eyes.

After retiring from the Liu family's marriage, Bai Po finally got a good night's sleep.

The night was quiet, and it rained again in the second half of the night. The thunder was not a shock, and the rain was gentle, making the night even more quiet.

Waking up early in the morning, the yard wasn't even wet. Bai Ke yawned, and his father woke up too.

Bai Po was a little sleepy, and wanted to ask his father what he wanted for breakfast so that he could prepare it. A villager at the gate of the courtyard who was about to go home for dinner shouted outside: "Brother Po, Doctor Jiang, I just passed by your medicine field, and I saw that many herbal medicines have been poured, so go and have a look."

Hearing that, Bai Po and Jiang Zichun looked at each other, and the father and son hurried to the field.

Peasants just guard one-third of an acre of land and look at them like eyeballs, and the herbal doctor values ​​their own herbs.

"It rained so heavily the other day. I think the herbs are all right. It didn't rain too much yesterday, so I think it's not a big problem."

Bai Jian trotted to catch up with his father, consoling him that the herbs belonged to his father. Half of my life, if it is really ruined, I will die of heartache.

"God's wrath, how could it be like this!" When the

father and son arrived at their medicine field, Jiang Zichun let out a horrified roar and almost fell to his knees in the ground.

Bai Po saw that the three medicinal fields of their family were all ruined. The medicinal herbs that were growing lush and tall yesterday were all flying across the ground today, and large pieces were broken in the field, which can be described as a mess.

He was speechless in shock, and stunned into the field, picked up a herb, the morning was not hot, the damaged herb was still fresh and crisp, and there was a strong smell of the herb in the field.

"How could it be?"

Jiang Zichun arched his back and picked up the remaining herbs in the field, holding them in his arms tremblingly, his heart ached with pain in his chest.

Seeing this, Bai Po felt even more uncomfortable, and raised his eyebrows angrily, "It doesn't look like it was ruined by the heavy rain, it's obvious that someone did it on purpose!"

The villagers who went to the field saw that there was something wrong here, and they came all the way to watch the excitement. They saw that the Jiang family's medicine fields had suffered overnight. Although they were not their own crops, the people who plowed the land cared about the food, so they couldn't help but let out a sigh . "Look, this is not trying to steal medicinal herbs

, it's just destroying the medicinal herbs. Who is so wicked!

"

Bending down to try to lift up the unbroken herb, he looked down and saw the animal footprints on the dirt, and said hastily, "Father, look, these footprints look like mules."

"There are not many people in our village who have mules ." , the nearest family..." The

villagers murmured and guessed after Bai Po's words, but when they came to a conclusion in their minds, no one dared to say the name of that family.

Others didn't dare to say it, but Bai Po hated him so much but didn't care about anything: "It's the Liu family."

Jiang Zichun raised his head and looked at Bai Po. The villagers sympathized with Dr. Jiang in their hearts, but if it was really the Liu family who did it, then they wouldn't dare Discussed indiscriminately.

With a sign in his heart, Bai Po hurriedly climbed up the medicine field and followed the footprints of the animals on the road. Although it rained last night, the footprints of the animals on the muddy ground in the countryside were not washed away and covered. All the way along is the direction of the Liu family.

"Father, it must have been done by the Liu family!"

Jiang Zichun has a gentle temper, and has always been the master who calms things down, but now that his medicine field has been destroyed, no matter how gentle he is, he will go to Liu's house aggressively with Bai Ke.

The villagers also followed behind him, looking at the footprints on the village road along the way and talking about it.

"Hey, isn't this Dr. Jiang? Didn't he change his mind when he came here early in the morning?"

Liu Jin ran into Jiang Zichun and his son when he went out. He didn't intend to make a good face, but he saw that many villagers came for some reason, so he said politely: "Why are you all here?"

Jiang Zichun felt that Liu The face of the family is really disgusting, and he didn't bother to make excuses, and immediately took out the herbs in his hand: "Please explain to Mr. Liu, why did you trample on the herbs that I have worked so hard to grow in my field! "

Liu Jin glanced at the wormwood in Jiang Zichun's hand and snorted.

"I said Dr. Jiang, what do you mean by bringing a group of folks to my house without any evidence? It rained last night, and you broke your medicinal herbs and you said it was made by my Liu family. It's ridiculous! My Liu Although the land under my family's hands is not as large as the hundreds of acres in Cuanyuzhuang, I also have hundreds of acres of land, so I don't have the time to do such nonsense!"

Liu Jin was no longer polite in his words.

"The crops are one piece after another, but the medicine field of my Jiang family has been planted. I followed the footprints of the mules to find your master Liu's house. This is convincing evidence!"

Liu Jin frowned when he heard this . , Liu Wu listened to the noise outside and came out to see what was going on. When he came over, he had a face-to-face meeting with the angry Jiang Zichun and Baijiao, and he had a bottom line in his heart. look like.

It wasn't until he was glared at by his father that he shifted his gaze slightly guilty.

Knowing the son is like the father, and only he knows his own species, but with just a glance, Liu Jin guessed that it was his own incompetent who did it. Although he knew the truth, admitting like this is a loss of virtue on the surface. How dare he admit his mistake in front of the villagers.

"I don't know that my Liu family has a mule in this village. It would be too presumptuous to say that it is my Liu family based on a few footprints. What if it is the imprint left by another family deliberately leading a mule past our door? No There is no enmity, why would my Liu family do such a wicked thing?"

Jiang Zichun never thought that the Liu family would distort and be unreasonable to this point. Since it was like this, he didn't want to show mercy: "Yesterday, Mr. Liu came to propose a marriage and was rejected and went back. He broke up unhappy, but after all, he was still from the same village. Such villainous tricks!"

Liu Jin and Liu Wu heard the obvious ups and downs of their chests, and the folks who watched the excitement heard the hot news, and immediately started to mutter again, and Liu Jin's face became even more ugly: "Jiang Doctor, don't talk about anything."

"Is it me who is talking about it, or the Liu family is being unreasonable! Today, no matter what, you have to give me an explanation!"

Liu Jin saw that Jiang Zichun was unyielding, and he was guilty of guilt, scolding Just wanted to call for someone to do something, but at this moment someone yelled: "The village chief is here!"

"What am I talking about, it's so noisy, it's all from the same village, what is it like to be so noisy. Surrounded by the

villagers, an old man with his hands behind his back urged him earnestly to come over.

Jiang Zichun was panting, and while Bai Po was following his father's back, he said to the old man who came: "Village chief, the Liu family deliberately ruined the medicinal herbs of our Jiang family. You must make decisions for us."

"My father's medical skills are not good. It can't compare to any famous doctor at that time, but it's not bad. It's clear that you can go to the medical center in the city to sit in the doctor's office. It's also for the sake of the folks in Lukou Village that you have stayed in the village to be a herbal doctor these years. But what the Liu family has done now It's really chilling for us." The

village head smiled slightly, and said warmly: "I know Brother Po is sad, what Dr. Jiang has done for our village over the years is obvious to all, and we are all grateful for Dr. Jiang's kindness. On the way, I also heard Mrs. Qin talk about what happened in a hurry."

Bai Po glanced gratefully at Mrs. Qin who was following the village chief, and was willing to help the village chief to uphold justice, but then he listened to what has always been fair. The village head said:

"The Liu family is also the old family of our village. It has been in Lukou Village since the last few generations, and its reputation has always been seen by the big guys. It is not a bad thing to do things that will harm the folks in the village. Virtuous man, there must be some misunderstanding in this matter." The

villager glanced at the Liu family and his son, then at the Jiang family's father and son: "Look at it, the two families who were originally amiable were red-faced and spread the word." Isn't it a joke?"

"Village chief!"

Bai Po raised his eyebrows and spit out two words in disbelief.

"Brother Po, don't worry, I will definitely look into the matter carefully, and when the time comes, I will make him pay for the corrupt person." The village head smiled and said: "Okay, it's early in the morning, everyone, go back, persuade Doctor Jiang, don't be too sad."

Facing the village chief's kindness, Bai Po couldn't agree to the complacent faces of the Liu family father and son, and refused to leave, asking the village chief to uphold justice.

"Give me some time, no, I can find out where it is, don't worry, Brother Po."

"Village Chief, this is obviously done by the Liu family, so you are just a bag..." The

words were not finished yet The villagers hurried forward to pull Bai Po and Jiang Zichun back while persuading them, for fear that Bai Po would say something that offended the village chief, so that he would offend the two principals in the village.

Bai Po couldn't break free, and was dragged away all the way, his little face flushed with anger.

"How can you be so unreasonable!"

Mrs. Qin, who went to invite the village chief, sighed: "The Liu family has been the landlord of the village for two generations, and the village still has to rely on them. How can they offend the Liu family? Dare to slap him in the face of the Liu family. Brother Po, don't blame everyone for not speaking for you. It is true that the Liu family has been in our village for many years and has deep roots. meal."

Bai Po opened his mouth, and Jiang Zichun patted his hand. He had calmed down and returned to his former peace: "Miss Qin is right, the Liu family has a lot of property in the village, and the villagers rely on their strength I don't blame everyone or the village chief for working for him to earn some money outside the crops to subsidize the family. Today we are impulsive."

He sighed and laughed: "It's okay, Dad will go to the fields to see I can collect some medicinal herbs, so it's not all ruined." The

villagers looked at Jiang Zichun's lean and slightly bowed back and went to their fields, and they were very bitter. Most of them had been diagnosed and treated by Jiang Zichun. This is also uncomfortable, and he stepped forward and said: "Doctor Jiang, I don't have much work in the field today, let me help you."

Bai Po gritted his teeth, feeling mixed feelings in his heart.