Chapter 44

Bai Po was silent for a while, as if he just came back after rushing for an exam.

"Why is this so, young master?"

Ning Muyan didn't say anything, he just reached out and took a futon from under the desk, and handed it to Bai Kai.

Bai Po's eyebrows twitched: It's fine if he has a share of the meal, but this one doesn't need to be shared by anyone who meets.

However, seeing Ning Muyan kneeling all night with a bad complexion, and being punished to kneel here without taking a break after he returned from a busy journey, he felt a little distressed, so he knelt down next to him.

But one knee was pressed against the futon, and he heard Ning Muyan laugh out loud.

"What are you doing? It's cold in the ancestral hall. I let you sit. You're too stupid!"

Bai Ke blushed in embarrassment, picked up the futon and threw it on Ning Muyan: "Why are you so annoying!"

Ning Muyan, who had been kneeling upright, turned sideways and hid with a smile. The two quarreled for a while, and Ning Muyan picked up the futon rolled aside again, and pulled Bai Po to sit beside him.

"I know you want to ask me why I didn't go to the palace examination." Ning Muyan said slowly: "I went to ask His Majesty to see you after the examination results were announced, and I resigned from the palace examination."

Bai Ke frowned: "Why? Your wife and even the Ning family have high hopes for you, and I hope that you will return to the Ning family that Ning-sama was alive." Ning

Muyan said: "The Bian family is eyeing them, wandering around to bet on different families. If I go to high school in one fell swoop, the Bian family will definitely choose Ning. Family. Bai Po, maybe you think getting married is a matter of your own will, but it is not always the case in the court."

"In the past, the Bian family was just a very inconspicuous little sesame official in the county. You It can be seen that such a small official body was once bought by the Bian family's donation. When serving as an official in a state or county, it was inevitable to be ridiculed and oppressed by others. It just got better."

"Xu Shibian's family didn't expect that their daughter would grow up all the way, not only won the favor of His Majesty, but also gave birth to a prince to consolidate her position in the palace. Rejoice, the Bian family has now come into the sight of all the dignitaries."

Ning Muyan continued: "It's hard to come from a small sesame official who is bullied to today, and the Bian family will never think about going back to those unbearable friends . People say that life is hard. But the reason why the Bian family is able to have today is because the daughter is married well, and the Bian family regards this as a favorable way to preserve the power of the family. It is impossible for Bian Daiyun and his sister to serve as one husband Now that Your Majesty is old, it is better to find a profitable family in the court."

"In the past, I was named on the gold list, and the Ning family had a good foundation, so the Bian family was selected by this, and they didn't even come to inform After discussing, Concubine Ling facilitated this marriage in front of His Majesty. The Ning family never even had a chance to refuse the marriage offered by His Majesty."

Bai Po opened his mouth. Wealthy, but never knew about the family power behind it.

Ning Muyan said: "If you want to talk about the defeat of the Ning family, it is the root of the disaster that was planted here."

"Back then, the family only saw that the Bian family was in full swing. He has already harbored evil intentions."

Bai Po faintly understood something: "You mean that the Bian family wants to support the little prince and become emperor?"

Ning Muyan nodded: "Your Majesty always dotes on Concubine Ling and the little prince, and gave it to the Bian family. With different expectations, we formed a party to plan for the future. The Ning family is related to him by marriage. Although my father and I are pure ministers of His Majesty, we will not join parties and get involved in the battle for the throne, but Mrs. Bian has a close relationship with Xi Jinyuan. Zhengyu was also bewitched by his stepmother, and finally, on the eve of His Majesty's serious illness, the palace change brought the Ning family to its knees."

Bai Po remembered that the palace change happened at night, although he didn't know the details, but Bai Po knew the result.

When His Majesty was seriously ill, the little prince was just a child of eight or nine years old. Although he was born smart, he was not at the age where he could sit on the world. There were many people with glory back then, but it was only a false prosperity. There are not many good ones.

On the day of the palace change, the five princes led the troops into the palace, took down Concubine Ling in one fell swoop, and took the opportunity to sit on the throne. After all, the Bian family's background was too weak to be astute in the power struggle, and finally made a wedding dress for someone.

After the fifth prince came to the throne, he used the little prince's rebellion as an excuse to kill the nine families of the Bian family and deal with the officials who had close contacts with them. The Ning family was one of them.

Tan Yun and Ning Zhengyu were put to death, and because Ning Muyan was the late emperor who treated important ministers kindly, except that he and Bian Daiyun were husband and wife, there was really no other evidence to prove that he was involved in it. , Only then fell into the prison and was not executed.

The fifth prince was suspicious and cruel, and finally exiled the rest of the Ning family to Lingnan.

Bai Po knew all these things, but there was one thing he didn't understand all the time, and now he can finally ask: "Bian Daiyun, as Bian's family member, should have been executed from the beginning, why did he have an accident in the Ning family instead?" Time and Li alone

take good care of yourself?" Ning Muyan sighed: "If you want to say that the Bian family is hateful, it's not only because they are greedy and insufficient courtiers, but also because your Majesty treats them generously but also gives birth to a heart of disobedience. Knowing that Bian Daiyun had someone who fell in love with him before he got married, But they beat the mandarin ducks, and forced Bian Daiyun to marry into the Ning family."

"After getting married, he was very cold-tempered, and he didn't want to get close to me. I had no intentions for him, and the Bian family forced us to marry him with His Majesty's favor. " I hate this marriage even more, but he made it easier for the two of us this time. It was only later that I accidentally ran into him meeting with others, so I found out about his past."

Bian's family worked as a small sesame official in the county When I was a child, my neighbor's family was also a small official family. Although the official position was not high, I have been an official since my ancestors.

The relationship between the two families became more and more intimate, and the children of the two families who were similar in age also naturally walked very close.

If Bian's family has been serving as an official in the prefecture and county, maybe in the future, Bian Daiyun and Yi Lingxiao who are separated by a wall from him will eventually get married.

The Bian family has been promoted all the way from a small official of Jiupin Zhima, from a county official to a state official, and then entered Yongchang Mansion and the capital. Such a snobbish eye can no longer look down on the Yi family who was kind to him in the past, and the marriage between the two young people who came to their lips was abandoned.

The Yi family knew that the Bian family had long been unable to cling to them, so they retreated consciously, and their parents were sober, but the young people were so reconciled, they only knew that their relationship was in vain, and they refused to let go.

Ning Muyan had a cold face, and didn't want to say things that would annoy him, but thinking that Bai Chi was the person closest to him, he still told him: "Bian Daiyun and Yi Lingxiao once eloped. , but was captured by the Bian family. Bian Daiyun was Yi Lingxiao's long time ago, but even so, the Bian family still married him to the Ning family."

Bai Po covered his mouth in shock when he heard the words . After running over, in fact, he had some confidence in his heart when he saw Bian Daiyun, but he didn't expect Bian Daiyun to be so courageous, and Ning Muyan really knew these things.

In his previous life, Ning Muyan was a person who was highly valued by the late emperor. He once served as Minister of the Household Department and was also a powerful minister for a while. When encountering such a thing, what is the difference between eating a dead fly in his mouth.

In the past, Bai Po always thought that he was the worst person, but now that he knew these things, he suddenly realized that the three of them seemed to have their own misery.

Bai Po asked weakly: "How did the young master know about this?"

Ning Muyan said: "From the beginning of my marriage with him, we just shied away and didn't want to have sex. A few years later, the two families saw that nothing had come out, at first they tried to persuade them, but later they resorted to tricks, Bian Daiyun confessed everything himself in order to make me give up."

"I guessed it a long time ago, and I wasn't too surprised. I just warned him that if he wants to continue to whitewash the peace, he will not trouble you again in the future, so he will continue to pretend to be a husband and wife.

" Suddenly he didn't come to trouble him anymore. Everyone said that it was because Bian Daiyun had been married for a few years and his impetuous childishness faded away, so he naturally became prudent and virtuous.

And he thought that Bian Daiyun and Ning Muyan had reconciled as before.

"Then... the most important thing, you didn't say anything. How could he get away with nothing?"

"The fifth prince's confidant is Yi Lingxiao. After the elopement failed, the Bian family secretly tripped the Yi family. As a result, Yi's father lost his official position, and Yi Lingxiao also failed in several scientific examinations. In a fit of anger, he joined the army. Xu fought desperately, but he finally walked into the camp of the fifth prince, escorting the fifth prince all the way, and successfully He became the most trusted person of the fifth prince."

"During the palace change, Yi Lingxiao contributed a lot. The fifth prince regarded him as a minister of the humerus. He asked for a Bian Daiyun. How could the fifth prince not agree?"

Bai Jian tightened his grip Pointing to, he had met Yi Lingxiao once before, and he looked like a Qingjun scholar, and it was hard to imagine that he would go to the battlefield in the end: "They are...together in the end?

" Ning Muyan said: "It's just that after the Fifth Prince ascended the throne, because of his cruelty, tyranny, suspicion and indiscriminate killing of innocent people, the hearts of the courtiers were chilled. The group of ministers embraced the Seventh Prince who was not favored by the former emperor and sent him to guard the frontiers to return to Beijing to proclaim himself emperor. The family will also decline." And the new emperor took the throne, and recalled Ning Muyan back to Beijing within two years. "There are so many things to happen in the future, not to mention that I'm already tired of court battles, will I still be involved in this vortex for the expectations of my grandmother and the clan. Today they reprimand me, and I will understand in the future. "

Ning Muyan said another angry word: "If I don't understand, I will only end up in prison and exile in the future, but I don't know that today is an excellent day."

Bai Po pursed his lips, so it is indeed already the best The choice is good for everyone.

Knowing so many things at once, Bai Po was very confused, but the most surprised was Ning Muyan and Bian Daiyun, they had been a fake couple for several years.

Ning Muyan looked at Bai Po in a daze, and suddenly reached out to hold his hand. "What are you doing?" Bai Po came back to his senses

, his eyes widened, and he looked around: "This is in the ancestral hall!"

"I knelt down all night and now, my hands are cold."

The hand holding him was very cold, so he didn't pull his hand away.

Ning Muyan said: "Just like in the sky prison before, please rub your hands to warm me up."

Bai Ke lowered his face, a man can really push his feet.

Even so, he still took a deep breath and rubbed his cold palms together. He thought this way: If he was really froze, he would not be able to write any words in the future, so how would he make a living? Now he won't be an official.

There was a smile in Ning Muyan's eyes, and he was about to get close to Bai Po to lean against him for a while, but there was a knock on the door outside: "Bai Po, grandma is awake!"

Bai Po retracted his hand, and quickly stood up: " Oh! I'm coming right now."

Ning Muyan held Bai Po back: "Don't leave today, just stay in Tianmendong, okay?"

"You're kneeling, so I don't care where I live."

Ning Muyan Yan raised his eyebrows slightly: "Aren't you more at ease when I kneel here?"