Chapter 52

It was already afternoon when Bai Po and Ning Muyan returned from Shifu.

In the mansion, he still pretended to be well-behaved, and when he climbed into the carriage, he drooped his head and couldn't help sighing.

"Reckless, really reckless."

Bai Po sighed again and again.

Ning Muyan also heard about Bai Po's encounter with the teacher during the banquet, and it was funny to see him like this: "The teacher won't take it to heart, so don't take it to heart. If you are really angry, why would you keep you for dinner. "

Bai Po said: "Although that's the case, I didn't leave a good impression on the elders. It's still a pity to think about it."

Ning Muyan rubbed his hair: "I like the teacher and the teacher's wife very much ." You."

"Stop making fun of me."

After a few words, the carriage arrived at the gate of the medical hall, and Bai Ke sighed again.

He raised his eyebrows and asked Ning Muyan: "Would you like to go to the medical hall?"

Ning Muyan shook his head this time: "No, I lived at the side of the academy a few days ago. Go back to the mansion."

Bai Po pursed his mouth: "Okay then. I'll go back first."

He got up and was about to leave when Ning Muyan suddenly reached out and grabbed him, pulled him into his arms and hugged him for a while. He wanted to say something to calm Bai Po's heart, thinking that the matter had not yet been settled, he swallowed the words again.

Bai Po lightly patted Ning Muyan on the back: "Okay. The students will enter the academy in two days, and Dean Ning has to come every day, so why bother to fight for the day and night."

Ning Muyan raised his head: "Okay "

Bai Po got out of the carriage, waved to him, and then went back to the clinic.

Dr. Jiang went out to see a doctor again, and Bai Po looked at a medicine boy busy in the hospital, and he said to others: "After a few days, the hospital will be repaired, and then I will invite another medicine boy to come to help." You start."

"Thank you, Doctor Jiang." Yaotong hurriedly expressed his thanks.

Bai Po laughed and said: "Then when my father comes back later, if he asks you when I came back, you can say that I came back not long before he left."

Yaotong nodded sensiblely: "Okay "Let's go ."

Bai Po went into the backyard with a smile on his face, these days Ning Muyan asked the workers who built the academy to come over to help with the construction, but within a few days the general renovation was completed, only the bricks and tiles were covered.

In addition, a kitchen and a bedroom were set up separately, and the two small houses where I live now will be used as a messenger after opening up, and it will be very wide after the repairs are completed.

In the evening, Bai Po cooked the meal, and Jiang Zichun came back in time.

The father and son were eating together in the backyard, when they heard a shout from the hospital in the front yard: "Is someone here?"

Bai Po went out to look, and saw a man who looked like a servant, and handed Bai Po an invitation: "To Jiang Zichun, Doctor Jiang." Yes. "

"Okay."

Bai Po took the invitation and entered the room: "Father, it's your invitation."

Jiang Zichun hurriedly took it, seeing that the red invitation was very formal, just by looking at the cover, it looked like a gift from a wealthy family .

Bai Po took the vegetables and sent them to his own bowl: "Which family wants to invite Dad to see a doctor? Or is it a thank-you banquet for his recovery?"

Jiang Zichun opened the invitation, and his eyebrows twitched: "It was sent by the Shifu ."

" Shifu My lord really has a heart, I was just a casual word of kindness when I was an lord that day, but I didn't expect to actually send an invitation to come over and have a talk."

Bai Po frowned when he heard the words: "Father said that this invitation was sent by the uncle that day, the Taifu Shi?"

Jiang Zichun was a little surprised: "How do you know that Master Shi is the Taifu. When I was in Fucheng in the past, I was still the magistrate." Father only knows that he was transferred to the capital later, but he doesn't know what rank he is now."

He spread the invitation on the table for Bai Po to read: "Look, Master Shi still asked me to take you there Go to the banquet."

Bai Po covered his face and lay down on the table: "I just came out of Shi's mansion today, Mr. Shi is the young master's teacher."

"Ah?"

Jiang Zichun couldn't help shouting, but after thinking about it carefully, he didn't think so. How strange, the Ning Mansion is a big family in Fucheng, Lord Ning also served in Fucheng when he was alive, and Lord Shi was the magistrate, so it is reasonable for the two families to know each other, but I didn't expect it to be such a coincidence.

Bai Po raised his head: "Can I not go tomorrow? I lost face just going today."

Jiang Zichun laughed and said, "It would be rude not to go, don't worry, Mr. Shi will still argue with a child like you."

Whether or not to care about it is another matter, he just feels ashamed.

"Again, how did Dad meet Master Shi?"

"It was many years ago, and you were only two or three years old at that time. In that year, Sir left Beijing and was transferred from Hanlin to a local government to serve as an official." , It is our Yongchang Mansion who came here. He was out of luck, and within a few months of taking office, there was an epidemic in the villages outside the city."

Jiang Zichun said: "In the past, my lord was just a young man who had just entered the imperial examination. There are a lot of things to do when you are an official in the local area. There is nothing you can do with the epidemic. Seeing that the epidemic outside the city is getting worse and worse, and one village after another is suffering, regardless of your own safety, you take people with you. Epidemic villages deliver medicine and food to the common people."

At that time, Jiang Zichun had to take care of Xiaobai Po, so it can be seen that the epidemic caused people's hardships, and sooner or later the trouble would come to Lukou Village, after all, he couldn't stay out of it.

He also began to develop the prescription day and night, but fortunately, after several adjustments, it finally worked. He took the prescription and went to find Shi Zizhan, and guided the officials along the way to make a big pot of anti-epidemic medicine. Bowls of bowls were given to the common people to drink, and the sick were cured, and medicine was boiled for the healthy people to drink as a preventive measure.

Jiang Zichun followed Shi Zizhan from one village to another for several months.

"Master Shi is a good official, and he has always been very grateful for this matter. He once said that he would recommend me to the imperial hospital, but my father refused."

Bai Po didn't expect such a past, but when he was a child, he heard a few words, When others praised his father's medical skills, they would mention that he had cured the epidemic, saying that his mother was gone at that time, and he was still young, so he was placed in the home of an acquaintance, and his father was running around all day long, no one was there. .

Later his father heard people say that he was afraid that if he heard a few words about gossipers, no one would talk about it again. As time passed, Bai Ke also forgot about the past.

However, his father taught him the prescriptions for treating the epidemic, otherwise, when he was exiled to Lingnan in the past and encountered an epidemic, the group of them might have disappeared as early as entering Lingnan.

Bai Po rested his chin, chewed the vegetables and asked, "Why did you refuse Master Shi?"

Jiang Zichun said, "Actually, the ancestor of the Jiang family was an imperial doctor, and he was the top doctor in the imperial hospital in his glory, but the doctor is always the best doctor." Not a courtier, but mostly in the harem, the ancestors did not stand alone in the harem battles, which led to the decline of the family.

When your grandfather was alive, you told your father that the continuation of the medical skills of the Jiang family is a good thing that cannot be wished for. Wealth and glory are nothing but mirrors."

Bai Po could not help but sigh when he heard the words, the closer he was to power and wealth, the easier it would be to overthrow and change. He believed this, and the lessons of blood and tears of several generations were not true.

The next day, Bai Po and Jiang Zichun went to Shifu again.

The night before, Bai Po confessed that his wife should take care of his body at the same time. Jiang Zichun personally prepared medicine for Bai Po according to the pulse case and took it with him.

The old friendship is not fake, Shi Zizhan and Jiang Zichun really can have a long talk.

After asking about the recent situation, Bai Jian was also praised by his father for several times.

"If you hadn't given up such a big white scorpion to fight the epidemic together with me, I really don't know how much the people in Yongchang Mansion would have to suffer, and I really don't know how to deal with the endless incidents in the city, how can I suppress the epidemic , and was rewarded by the court."

Shi Zizhan sincerely thanked Jiang Zichun, once he became an official, he was surrounded by people who curry favor and curry favor, and even if someone offered a helping hand, it was only for the purpose of reciprocating. There are very few people like Jiang Zichun. There are very few of them.

When I was young, I was not yet proficient in the way of being an official. Fortunately, I met such help.

"Why don't you worry about the past, I'm just doing my best." The

two laughed and drank some beer, and Bai Ke sat beside him for dinner, also showing a smile on his face.

"Doctor Jiang, I have something to do today, and I hope you agree to it."

Jiang Zichun said, "Your Majesty, just say what you want.

" The imperial court is old this year, and when it calms down, it is very envious of the family with children and grandchildren around its knees. The clan has always wanted to adopt a child, but it has not been arranged for a long time. When we returned to Fucheng to see Bai Ke, my wife and I liked it very much. , hoping to adopt him as a foster son."

Not only was Jiang Zichun surprised, but Bai Po who was beside him almost shook off the vegetables he was holding. He kept his mind and tried to keep calm and put them back into the bowl.

Who in the Shi family actually wanted to accept him as a foster son? !

The ups and downs in Bai Po's heart were really unbelievable.

Shi Zizhan said again: "Madam is not in good health. I originally wanted to ask Your Majesty to bid farewell and return home to take care of Madam, but Your Majesty refused to allow me to serve for the court for another two years.

Sincerely, Your Majesty, I am also embarrassed ." , I can only let my wife stay in Fucheng for the winter and then bring her back to the capital. Such twists and turns are fine. She is really lonely in Fucheng alone, and Bai Po is good at medicine, so I hope he can accompany me occasionally."

Jiang Zichun There was silence for a while, and the eyes of the two elderly people met. Although some things had not been stated clearly, Jiang Zichun still knew it in his heart.

After a while, he stretched out his hand to take Bai Jian's hand: "The child's life is miserable, his mother passed away in a dystocia, and I have been pulling him up all the time. I have been negligent to him in all these years of rushing to treat illnesses. I don't expect anything else. I hope that he can have a good home. It is a good thing that one more person loves him now."

Shi Zizhan knew Jiang Zichun's love for Bai Po. Although he has never been a father, he also knows the love between father and son: " Not because of my only student, but also because of my friendship with Dr. Jiang in the old days. In fact, this is the best of both worlds, he mentioned it, and I immediately agreed."

Bai Po was a little confused, but seemed to understand something.

"Bai Po,

don't call me yet." Hearing his father's words, Bai Po hurriedly obeyed obediently: "Father."

Turning around, his wife saluted at the same time: "Mother."

There were smiles on the faces of everyone at the table .