Chapter 38

Chapter 38 "Boss He, your old acquaintance also...

    The ring was finally found by Chu Yan in He Yunbai's former office.

    Only then did he realize that everything in He Yunbai's life had not been fortified against him. He had the fingerprints of her training room, the keys to her dormitory and office...she had trusted him wholeheartedly.

    But it's useless now, Chu Yan thought, it's all gone.

    When He Yunbai left in a hurry, he took almost nothing with him. The ring was thrown carelessly in the box, which sat quietly under the bed.

    Chu Yan recalled the scene when he rejected He Yunbai.

    All of He Yunbai's bottom lines were loosened because of him, and she was already begging him at that time.

    For the current Chu Yan, he couldn't understand at all why he insisted on rejecting He Yunbai because of that strange principle.

    He Yunbai didn't have much savings, she never said how much she paid for this ring, she just thought it was a token, when Chu Yan refused, it lost its meaning.

    So it was discarded under the bed, He Yunbai probably didn't want to look at it again.

    Chu Yan carefully wiped off the dust on the box and put it in his breast pocket.

    He actually felt guilty for coming here without He Yunbai's permission. After all, when He Yunbai asked him to enter his fingerprints and gave him the key, they were lovers, but now, they have no relationship.

    But... Chu Yan looked around and seemed to be able to smell He Yunbai's breath.

    There are traces of her in every corner. The meticulously placed notebook and fountain pen on the table recorded Chu Yan’s training at that time; He Yunbai’s transparent glass was still covered with a shallow layer of water; The pajamas she wore here for the night; the inhibitors for Chu Yan were left in the drawer of the bedside table...

    It was as if she had never left, just went out for a while, and would come back at any time.

    Chu Yan couldn't help staying here, couldn't help but bury her head in He Yunbai's dress, absorbing the illusion for a moment, thinking that she could still kiss that woman's hair.

    He secretly took He Yunbai's nightdress.

    It was so despicable, Chu Yan also felt like a timid thief.

    But he was too lonely, and he really couldn't suppress his yearning for He Yunbai. When Chu Yan misunderstood He Yunbai at the beginning, some people around him told him that he couldn't let it go because He Yunbai was his first alpha, and when he met more people in the future, He Yunbai would always have replaced day.

    But Chu Yan now understands that He Yunbai is irreplaceable.

    ...

    He Yunbai climbed down from the mecha, and saw Zhao Zichen lit a fire with the flint he carried with him.

    He just got off the mech to check whether the nuclear beast he just hunted was dead, but he was almost deceived by the opponent's dying. When killing this guy, the right arm of his mech suit was splashed with the internal blood of the nuclear beast. In the wild environment, he could only use the primitive method of roasting to sterilize it.

    It stands to reason that they should not light a fire when walking in the wild, but the characteristic of nuclear beasts is that they like cold and dark places, and their firelight can temporarily keep them from approaching. As for the other beasts, they don't have the ability to approach them yet, and He Yunbai can deal with them in a few seconds.