Chapter 48

Chapter 48 Even if it is drinking poison to quench thirst, he is willing to...

    He Yunbai waited for a while in the lobby of the Chief Executive's Mansion. The housekeeper worried that she would be bored, so he said to take her to the back garden.

    In fact, He Yunbai had been around the Chief Executive's Mansion many times, and just yesterday, she had just finished admiring the newly bloomed roses in the garden. Like that day a few years ago, it just so happens that roses are at their best lately. But now, the boy who once stood among the rose bushes and looked at her with wary eyes is no longer there.

    "No, I'll walk on my own." She wanted to go to see the rose alone again, as if it was the last farewell.

    The afternoon sun was very good, warm but not basking in the sun. She walked towards the familiar rockery, and the rose bushes behind her were faintly shadowed, and there seemed to be shadows shaking.

    He Yunbai's mind moved, but before she could react, the boy just appeared in front of her.

    Accompanied by his hoarse, longing low voice.

    It's Chu Yan.

    He was right in front of her, almost a step away.

    In fact, before coming to the imperial capital, He Yunbai had envisioned the possibility of meeting Chu Yan many times, but never imagined that it would be like this.

    In her expectation, Chu Yan should have returned to the appearance of the aloof little prince he used to be. There might be another person beside him. people together.

    Not her, someone caught in a trap and programmed from the start.

    But at this moment, the young man was weak and frail, struggling to stand up from the wheelchair. His clothes fluttered in the breeze, outlining his now thin body. He seemed to be unable to stand still, tears poured out unconsciously, his eyes were out of focus, and his expression was blank, but when he found her figure, there was a hint of humble expectation.

    There was no one around him, and his eyes looking at her were as hot as before.

    He Yunbai saw many seriously injured soldiers in the army, how could he not understand that this is a sign of mental exhaustion.

    Chu Yan supported the back of the wheelchair tremblingly with one hand, and rested the other hand weakly on his side, with layers of bandages wrapped around his wrist.

    In just a few seconds, He Yunbai knew everything.

    "You..." she said with difficulty, after not seeing her for a long time, she didn't even know how to speak.

    "The original transplant...it was you..."

    "I don't know what you're talking about." What

    He Yunbai didn't expect was that the moment Chu Yan heard her voice, Chu Yan seemed to be awakened suddenly, bluntly He interrupted her abruptly, and even turned around without looking at her.

    "Who allowed you to enter the back garden?" Chu Yan's fingers were still trembling, his heart was stabbed by his own words, but he was still pretending to be calm, even though the end of the words had already brought a cry, " Please leave, now."

    He thought it was another dream.

    He Yunbai came to his side again.

    But Chu Yan is very sober now, he knows that he is sober. He Yunbai is real, he is not in a dream. If in the dream, he can ignore everything between them, ignore his current broken body, and just be attracted by her, the intimacy or falling in the dream will not have any price. He would rather sink himself into a dream.