0.3

Harry
_____
"What do you want Harry?" It's been two days and Effy is still mad at Dylan and I for walking into the girls' washroom. I've spent the last couple practices pretending to flip someone in the air.

"Please forgive me Effs! I told you it was Dylan's idea, it's always Dylan's idea!" I was pleading with her. Not having her to talk to was agonizing. Besides Kiara she was the only other true friend I have and at some point, one can only handle so much talk about make- up and jewelry. It's the only thing she really ever talks about.

"I don't want you turning into Dylan's mini douche bag. I can barely handle him after..."

"After what?" A spark of curiosity flooded through my veins. What was she talking about?

"Nevermind Harry, do you promise not to listen to Dylan as long as you live?"

"Promise."

"Good. Do you want to come over? I need help with math anyways."

"I'm already on your balcony, open the door." I knew she would forgive me, she always does. I smile as she opens the door, taking my arm and pulling me into her room.

The walls were painted white, with posters and pictures covering one full wall. She changed around her furniture since the last I visited. Her queen bed was pushed to the opposite wall, her desk, chair, dresser, tv all rearranged around her room giving it a spacious feel.

"I like your room better this way." I say as I looked around.

"My mom isn't home so you're a loud to sit on the bed."

"I don't think I'll ever understand why your mom hates me so much."

Effy's mother is well - very protective. She watches over her like a hawk, but Effy always seems to slip away long enough to trick her. I always thought that the more protective you are over your teen the sneakier they get. Effy is proof.

Not only is she protective but she's always seemed to hate me. Thinking me and Effy have a secret love, I am sure she thinks every time I come over we're having sex on every object in the house. Even when we were little she'd always keep a close eye on me. It's not like I'd ever like Effy the way she thinks I do. I've known her far too long.

"Not hate- scared."

"What?" How could a grown woman be scared of me- Harry. I was barely even able to talk to a cashier, let alone be any trouble to a parent.

"She's scared of what we'd do. She thinks you'll get me pregnant or worse..." She sat across from me on her couch, putting her hands against her heart and fake crying for dramatic effect, "Break my heart."

We couldn't help but both laugh at the idea of me breaking Effy's heart. She was stronger than me, like most people.

The laughter simmered as I laid back against her soft bed, the black comforter morphing my body. Although I was staring up at the ceiling I could see Effy walk towards the bed and lay next to me.

I had to summon up all my courage to tell her what I was about too. It took me all day to finally decided, "I think I'm going to ask out Ashley." My throat was already dry just waiting for her response.

"Harry!" She screamed, sitting up on her bed, her head resting on her hand as she faced me. "I've been waiting for this day!"

"That's what Dylan said." I smirked, copying the way she was lying to face her too.

"In this case..." She bites her lip, "Dylan is right."

Her fingers were playing with the lining in her comforter. She was thinking about something, and although I wanted to press on it, make her tell me, I know she wouldn't. Effy isn't like that; she isn't open. Even with someone she's known all her life it takes time for her to tell you things. So instead of asking her what's wrong, I'll ask her something else, help her take her mind off it.