3.7 - Graduation Part 1

Harry
____

30 minutes
30 god damn fucking minutes until I am a free man.

My gown was itchy, my hat was to small, but I would be a free man in 29 minutes, so I could care less.

The annoying music was blaring in our football field where the event was taking place, and right now my jaw was aching from all the pictures my mom was taking.

"Just one more!" She beamed. With a flash it was taken. "Wait, wait, wait! One more!"

I could hear Kiara laughing as she wrapped her arms around my waste and we both yelled out, "Cheese!" She looked so much better then before, and her red gown for valedictorian suited her soft eyes perfectly.

"So Miss Valedictorian, can I hear your speech yet?" We were walking away from all the noise, but also trying our bests to avoid Effy and Dylan.

"You'll get to hear it in exactly 21 minutes. I am sure you can wait."

"Whatever you say your highness." I was so happy today. I don't think anything could bring down my mood. In 20 minutes I'd be free.

Kiara seemed on edge. Her quecards were held tightly in her manicured fingertips as we walked behind to school to where the noise seemed to be distant. "Hey, it's okay." I smiled, and twirled her hair in my fingertips.

"I just want to say thank you Harry. I know these past few months, especially these past few weeks have been so hard for me, and you have been there the whole time."

"We've been there for each other." I corrected her with a smile.

"I don't know what I would do without you." She looked deep into my eyes, I could see her eyes burning with tears but I pressed my hand into her cheek.

"I love you." I was saying that a lot after my talk with Ashley.

"I lov-" But before she could finish the sentence I pushed my lips against hers.

It was a slow kiss. Her mouth fit with mine easily, our tongues colliding as I pulled her waist closer. It was nice and safe, but I felt warmth instead of fire. Her fingers pulled softly at my hair with ease, and I pulled apart to nip at her lower lip and release it.

"I just wanted to try us one more time." I whispered looking at her. She gave me a small smile.

"I know, me too."

"Nothing?" I asked.

"It was nice but, no, nothing." A small giggle fell from her lips and I know she knew I felt the same way.

We began walking back towards the football field. 15 more minutes to go.

"Do you think we would of worked out if you didn't run out of the mall when I first kissed you." We were laughing, my arm wrapped around her shoulder.

"Maybe." I answered honestly.

"2 kids?"

"Of course. And a dog name Jackie."

"I have an aunt named Jackie." She laughed.

"We could work on the name. We would of also had a big white house too, with a pool in the backyard and a tree house."

"And we'd vacation every other weekend up at our cottage when you had work off, and I had my nursing vacation days."

"And we'd make love every night when the kids went to bed." We were laughing hysterically as we made it to our seats.

It would be easy, and simple with Kiara. We had our life planned out, and it was fun to think of how we would of turned out. But I loved her yellow and she loved Dylan the way I loved Effy; as wide as the rainbow.

"If only." She whispered, gripping my hand tight as we watched our Principle walk onto the stage.

"If only." I agreed.

3 minutes left.

*****

Double update!
I will update part 2 tomorrow!

3.8, 3.9, 4.0.

Almost there!

xo