2.6

Harry
____

"Is that Effy and Dylan?" Kiara's voice interrupted my sip. The cool mango smoothie stopped it's movement down my throat, causing me to cough against my fist.

"What?" It was hard to hear due to the noise. People in the food court in the mall eating and talking causing the noise to become overbearing.

"Over there... Effy... Dylan."

I followed her gaze and she was right. In the corner of the food court right near Taco Bell they stood there, laughing and giggling.

"Did you know they were going to hang out?" Her usually large eyes were slit, making her full cheeks look even fuller.

Of course I wanted to tell her that I read Dylan's phone, but how good would that really sound? Yep I knew, while Dylan was showering I hacked into his phone and Effy said that they needed to talk about something important.

"No clue." I dipped my head back down, sucking in as much smoothie as I could so I wouldn't have to answer any more questions.

"That's weird... he told he was going to be at his grandmas. Maybe we should call them over-"

"No-" I coughed again. "Maybe we'll catch up with them later... how about you tell me why you wanted to hang in the first place?"

"Why? You don't like hanging with me?" She was smiling against her own straw. To be quite honest with you Kiara was beautiful, and when we were young I had a small crush on her, but I guess now that I lov- like Effy and she likes Dylan we're just regular friends.

"Of course I do Kiki."

"Haven't called me that in a while."

"Yeah, things have been weird with everything." I was trying my best to pay attention, but my eyes kept darting to Dylan and Effy, walking across the mall, his arm wrapped across her shoulder before she slowly step aside letting it fall. I'd be lying if I said a smirk did slide across my face.

"Do you want to know why I wanted to hang?"

I nodded my head before taking another sip.

"I wanted to hang because after that kiss we had and me being with Dylan and Effy and you it was all just weird. I know we had talks like this before but I miss being able to just hang with you. I care about you a lot Harry we are best friends and I just don't want you to get hurt."

"What do you mean get hurt?"

"You know that out of all four of us we've have always been the quieter ones, Effy and Dylan, they are the exact same."

"What are you saying Kiara?" My heart was beating rapidly as I watched her mouth move, I was aching at what she could say.

"Something is up with them, I can tell. Text messages I've seen, them whispering with each other. And I can't do this again with him if he's cheating or something. I love him Harry and I don't know what to do. I shouldn't love him, because he's Dylan and I only kissed you that one time because I was trying to distance myself from him and I'm so sorry I used you but I'm going crazy watching him be so secretive and then telling me he likes me." Her chest was rising and falling, her face red. I've never seen her so worked up in all my years of knowing her.

"I feel the same way." I whispered into my straw. "I know how you feel... and I feel the same way." I hated knowing that she felt the same utter confusion as me. No one deserves to feel as lost as me. Looking at someone they care for so much and not knowing if they feel the same.

"Do you know anything that's going on?"

I'm glad she didn't ask if I liked Effy as much as she liked Dylan, "I don't know, but I saw messages to and they-" The words were tumbling from my mouth, "kissed weeks ago in Effy's room."

"I know, he told me. He said he wanted to really wipe the slate clean with us but I don't believe it."

I don't know where this conversation was going, it was a circle of hurt feelings and unsure ones. A talk filled with theories that would only hurt to get the answer too. My lungs dug deep, and expanded widely to suck in the smelly junk food air that was around us.

"I don't want to talk about this anymore. We have the circus coming up and that's all we need to focus on. If they care the way we do then they wouldn't hurt us right?" She was begging for me to agree, and calm her nerves, but I couldn't. I wouldn't say words I don't believe.

"We have each other Kiara, I don't even know what's real and what's not but I know that your the only sure person I have right now, and that, and circus is all the matters to me."

She was nodding her head, smiling through watery eyes of unsure that I have been feeling for weeks.

"I'm sorry Harry, I don't know I- thank you." We both stood up and threw out our smoothies, my arm wrapped around her shoulder in nothing but comfort as she spoke. There was no need for her to be sorry, and there was no need for her to thank me. If something was going on we'd figure it out eventually and in the meanwhile we'd have each other.

"Let's just shop ya? I need some new shirts anyways, 25 black tshirts just isn't enough." I crinkled my nose and looked down at her, my tongue sticking out trying to cheer here up. She giggled and hit my chest as we walked down the malls corners making sure to go the opposite way that Effy and Dylan went.

*************************

aw KARRY FRIENDSHIP!

It was short I know, a bit of a tease, and a bit of a filler!

13 chapters left!

xo