2.0 -Nationals

Harry
____
The sun was shining brightly and crisply as I walked out of my car, but I was anything but that.

"I am shit nervous Kiara." She was smiling widely at something on her phone, not paying attention to a word I was saying.
"What are you laughing at?"

"Oh sorry, Dylan sent me a good morning text. Him and Effy are on their way." A pinch of pain shot through my chest like lightning as I thought of them together yet again. It was our competition day and Effy hadn't been to training since I spoke up about her and Dylan. It was maddening.

"Ok."

"I'm nervous to Harry, we all are. This competition is so important to us, especially Effy."

"What?" I quickly rattled my head but I couldn't find a reason as to why this was so important to her.

"Uh- what?"

"You said-"

"Look Coach is here!" Her eyes darted quickly between mine before I followed her gaze to a tired Coach. His red jump suit was just as bright as the sun but like me he looked a mess.

"I'm shit nervous." He grumbles.

Kiara looks at me with a small smile before we both speak in unison. "We all are."

-
The crowd was cheering even louder then at Championships, but the only thing that was stopping my focus was that Dylan and Effy weren't here yet, and we were next.

"Where is Dylan and Effy! I swear to fu-"

"They'll be here!" Rage was tearing inside of me but I couldn't let anyone know. I needed to trust Effy and Dylan no matter how angry I was.

"What if they don't show, they haven't even warmed up yet!" Sweat was glistening on Coach's forehead from nerves and I couldn't rattle the anxiety inside of me.

The Dragons were still on the floor, doing yet another flawless routine, which didn't help my turning stomach either.

"They are almost done Harry." Kiara's long hair was pinned up as usual and her glimmering suit was shinning against the strobe lights.

"I know- but I- I trust them." It was hard to spit out, the words were begging to be believed but I just couldn't. What else have they been lying about.

I began to pace on the warm up floor, the music to the Dragons routine coming to an end. "Shit, shit shit." I mumble. This is our big shot and they are fucking it up.

"These assholes." As Coach's foul mouth runs along the air and enters my anxious mind I look up to see Dylan and Effy laughing and walking over. Their outfits were on, hair done up but they were carrying boxes in their hands.

"We're here!" They yell smiling and giggling. I'd be lying if that same pinch of pain didn't resurface.

"Where the fuck were you?" I beat Coach from speaking, the anger inside of me bubbling over the edge.

"Well first we stopped for gas, and an oil change and then we were hungry so we stopped for scones and-" Dylan was speaking like nothing was wrong, like we weren't going on in minutes.

"Not you Dylan. You. Where the fuck have you been?" I point my finger in the space between Effy and I. She's been oddly quiet despite the fact that she's the one that was late as well.

"Busy." Her eyes darting quickly between me and Dylan.

"Bullshit."

"Hey, hey, hey. I don't give a dragon ball what you are all fighting about." Coach was shaking in his shoes. His eyes were wide but his voice was stern, "You are all here now and as long as you do the shit that I taught you, you can all scratch each others eyes out. Don't let the Dragons win. Remember how it felt last time."