3.5

Harry
____

There it was. In a sealed white envelope, on my dark wooden dining table.

"Open it Harry!" My mom was more excited then me.

My green eyes burned deep into the white thick paper, imagining it burning right where it sat. I didn't want this, nothing in my life I wanted right now.

"Harry!" My mom's squeal was disturbingly high. Her head rested on my shoulder behind me, her chin digging deep into my collar bone. I wanted to take the envelope and rip it up, but I knew I couldn't, this was my future.

So I finally took it quickly from the wood surface, ripping without a care and pulling the thin peace of smelly paper in my hands.

Dear Harold Edward Styles,
After an abundant amount of consultation, and a detailed analysis of your past few years of secondary school at AppleWood High School; the university of Florida, would like to kindly invite you to study in our field of psychology.... blah blah blah.

"I got in." I whispered, reading over the page of information.

"Oh my god! Oh my god!" My mother was jumping in her heals, the sound hurting my head.

"Okay mom, okay." I grasped onto her shoulder but she was still annoyingly screaming.

"I am so proud!" Kissing up and down my cheeks. It was somewhat comforting but that all was shot to hell when these words fell from her lips, "Invite Effy over! I wanna see her face when you tell her."

See... due to my mothers work she's never really home- which I never blame her for- she's given me a good living, but through her good living has come lack of communication. My mom has no clue we dated, let alone that she used me and our whole friendship is 6 feet under.

"Um... I think I'm gunna go out, ya know... celebrate." I smiled quickly kissing her on the cheek, grabbing my keys and heading for the door before she could protest.

My boy flung itself into my car and the next thing you know I was driving to Kiara's house.

-
"I got in-" I lowly said. I was sat on her bed. My back was bent with exhaustion and quite honestly she looked the best she's been since Dylan broke her heart.

"But your not happy about it?"

"I just don't know where I'm at with anything. For months the only thing I cared about was the Circus, then Ashley, then Effy... and now that it's all over... I just don't know." I willed myself not to cry. Actually, last night I made a promise I wasn't aloud to cry until graduation.

"Well I got in to..." She chuckled. I almost forgot about how the four of us choice three schools to apply to, one being, University of Florida, so if we all got in we'd go together. Her small hand reached across her bedside table to grab the same envelope with the same words.

It was all the same same same.

"At least I'll have you." I smiled at her, and it was one of the most genuine things I've said since telling Effy I loved her.

"You'll always have me Harry. We are best friends... true ones. I'd never leave you."

And those words filled me whole just long enough for us to lay in her bed, and fall asleep to the sound of our hearts mending.

***********
Just a filler chapter.
Hopefully I'll update tomorrow.

Talk To Me:
Should I start a new fan fic or finish intellect first?? I have some ideas.. idk

3.6, 3.7, 3.8, 3.9.... 4.0 almost done.

xo