0.8

Harry
_____
It was Thursday today. Today was Ashley's party and also a week until Effy, Dylan, and Kiara's competition. I was nervous for both. All day in school I was watching the clock as it ticked down the hours, minutes, seconds, and milliseconds. I wanted nothing more then to turn time myself.

After the embarrassment in math Effy took it to her advantage to tell everyone, and when Effy told Kiara at training how much Ashley was gushing over me, I could see a slight turn down of her lips, a small furrow in her eyebrows. It sent a small quiver to my chest.

As I sit on my bed I look towards my closet. It's already nine o'clock and Effy, Kiara and Dylan should be here in a half hour. I wanted to wear the perfect outfit, I wanted Ashley to know that this wasn't a one time makeover. I was changing... for her.

My hair has grown rapidly in the last few days since I've stopped gelling it. It's already grown from curls above my ears to loose curls just under. It's getting so long I can put it in the tiniest pony tail at training. I don't mind it though, Effy's always wanted me to try and grow out my curls.

I decided on the usual black t-shirt and colour flannel with tight jeans but instead of leaving my hair to do it's own thing I run towards my moms room and dig into her drawers. After finding the most manly one I run back into my washroom. I tie a coloured head scarf around my long hair. As I look in the mirror I smile at myself. Effy nor Kiara told me to do this, I thought of this on my own, and I loved it.

I hear a low honk outside my window and as I take a peak I see Dylan sitting on the roof of the car as Effy continuously slams her hand down on her jeep's horn.

"HURRY UP HARRY! YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SO LATE ASHLEY FINDS ANOTHER MANS PEE PEE TO BLOW!" Dylan screams to my window and to the whole neighbour.

I grab my keys, wallet and phone and run down the stairs and out the door before locking it behind me. I want to kill Dylan for screaming that.

"Get down!" I yell at him as I walk towards the car.

"EVERYONE!-" Dylan stands on the jeep of my car and I already see lights from homes turning on and windows opening as my neighbours heads peak through. "HERE HE HERE HE! HAROLD EDWARD STYLES HAS CHANGED HIS LOOK, LEARNED HOW TO FLIRT, AND DID SOMETHING WITH THAT GOD DAMN CURLY HAIR! WILL HE GET THE GIRL? WILL HE GET HIS FIRST PEE PEE SUCKING TONIGHT? STAY TUNED TO KNOW HERE ON... WEIRDO TO HERO!"

"Dylan get down!" I scream, grabbing his ankle and yanking him down the jeep.

"Shut that kid up!"

"Some of us have work in the morning!"

"No one cares about anyones penis!" My neighbours scream through their windows as Dylan finally gets off the top of the jeep. Kiara and Effy laugh hysterically in the car as we both finally sit inside, the embarrassment of my neighbours knowing about my sexual life pounding in my chest.

Although they are all still laughing at me Effy pulls out of the road and begins to drive towards Ashley's house. I can't help but giggle at the whole thing. As the car seems to quiet with laughter and Effy stops her car at the next red light she turns to finally get a good look at me and so does Kiara.

"No really-" She says looking from Dylan and Kiara to me, "You look good Harry."

Her body turns around to face the road once more but Kiara still sits there facing me. "Thanks" I mumble when Kiara's eyebrows furrow once more and as Effy drives once the light turns green I see her in the rearview mirror. She wasn't looking at the road, she was looking at me.

_

The party is loud as we walk in. The music is blaring through her large house and its crammed with even people I've never seen. Dylan leaves us all at the first light skin girl he sees and Kiara tells us she's grabbing a drink.