3.0

Harry
____
8 days later.
2 days till The Circus
1 weeks till graduation.
____

Her hair twirls in the warm wind of summer. I could see the stress on her face as she tried to study her problems in her math textbook.

"Stop staring." She smirked at her book, almost as if she was talking to it. I knew she noticed me examining her minutes ago, but that didn't stop me.

We were outside on two park benches, her studying for her math final, and me studying her. Every time I looked at her all I could see was lies, and pain, but when she looked back at me, all I could feel was love, and tingles, and so much heart ache. She was a plague, something you'd catch by just the air around her.

"You look nice today." I whispered only because I had no clue what else I could say. She smiled once more before her eyebrows furrowed and she focused on her equations.

Dylan loved her, I loved her. I watched her move the blue pen across her paper and admired how her body was so delicate, when really she was not. It amazed me how much I need her... how much every one seemed to need her.

I had to get this out of my head. I had to make sure that she would stay with me, no matter what she had done to me I'd forgive her; because that's what you do when you love someone right?

Give them the benefit of all doubts?

That seemed to be my new slogan.

"Let's do something tonight? Go on a date." I coughed into my fist, waiting for her to answer.

"It's Thursday, The Circus is Saturday, my finals on Monday."

"I- We need a break. Something to take all the pressure off us."

"My mom has a nurses conference in NYC so she flew out last night, she'll be gone for a whole week. Come over, I'll make you dinner."

"There's too much going on." It was hurting, everything she seemed to say was hurting me.

I took her hands against my chest, begging that she could feel how fractured my breathing was, "Please Effy."

Her eyes glistened in the summer sun and I wasn't sure if it was the light or if it was real tears but nevertheless she gave me a small smile and nodded her head, "Okay. Sure. Pick me up at 8."

"Good." I smiled feeling just a fraction of my heart simmer down.

She began to lift herself from the bench, and packing up her stuff. "Where are you going?" I asked

"Um- before we hang out... I just have something I have to do." Her hands were in a hurry and she quickly picked up her phone to send a text before setting it back into her pocket.

"Okay ya... see you at eight." I said getting up myself.

She began to walk away with her books in her hand but I pulled her to me. Wrapping my arms tightly around her frame I made my lips press deeply into hers. "Bye." I said against her forehead.

She slowly peeled herself from my touch, and without a kiss back, and without a good bye she walked away; her hair twirling in the wind.

_

My heart fell from my chest, and I watched in awe as she stepped on it.  Walking down her driveway in a tight red dress, her hair pinned up, her lips the same dark colour of the material that clings so tightly to her skin.

"Hey Harry." She was smiling as he arms tightly wrapped around my neck and her lips slowly pecked the side of my lips. (Although I was subconsciously yearning for more)