0.5

Harry
_____
How to be cool. It wasn't something I was exactly 'skilled' at. I mean I wasn't a 'nerd' but I still wasn't Ashley material.

The gym was crowded today as Dylan, Kiara, Effy and I practiced our duo partner piece. The music was playing across the speakers all over the gym, subconsciously letting everyone know we were doing our routine.

Coach Louis stood in the corner watching us critically as Dylan and I tossed Effy and Kiara in a 3/4 turn. We were synchronized, the best we've done all day. All four of us landed our tumbling line, I especially sticking my 1 and a half twist. I've been working on it for a while.

We smile as the music ends, our last poses showing Effy and Kiara's flexibility and Dylan and I's strength.

The people in the waiting area were clapping through the glass window although it blocks out the sound. The many mom's who'd wish their child was as good as the top 4 athletes in the gym.

Dylan, Effy, Kiara and I were the oldest in the gym. We had a big responsibility to give the younger ones good advice and help train them and coach is always harder on us.

"Kiara, Harry. Your legs are as sloppy as the noodles I had for lunch."

"Yes coach." We both say.

"And Effy, Dylan. I don't know what your definition of tight arms is, but mine is when they DONT look like a steering wheel."

"Of course coach" we all chanted.

"Come on guys, you all need to set an example. Championships is soon and if you guys don't get your -pardon my French- SHIT together we are going to lose! We have came in second 5 years in a row and I swear to god if we don't make it to The Circus I will make sure that each of you will be coughing out chalk for weeks! Now go stretch! Training is done, I'm sick of your faces"

He shooed us all off as he continued on with the next group. Coach Louis was always like that. He expects the best for us and although sometimes it's annoying and mean it works... for the most part.

The Circus is the highest level of immature acro. Immature acro is when we don't get made to perform like Cirque De Soleil or real acrobats in the circus. It's like we do it for scholarships and competitions. We made invitationals last month which qualified us for Championships and hopefully if we win we'll make it to Nationals. If we come in top 5 we'll be the first group in the gym to make it to The Circus. It's been a dream of mine ever since I could understand it. And I've vowed that since this is gunna be my last year in high school I'd make it.

"Are you ready to go shopping?" Kiara promised me that after practise we'd go shopping for all the clothes they made me throw out. It was Friday night and they all promised that by Monday I'd have a brand new look.

"Yes. I'm kind of excited." And I was. I wanted to change. For selfish reasons I know, but change is good. Change can be good. Although Effy and Dylan are't coming for separate reasons I'm comfortable enough with Kiara.

On Sunday Effy and Dylan are supposed to help me with my 'coolness'.

-

Kiara and I were ready for the mall. It was 4 o'clock, our short Friday classes ending early.

My car was dirty but Kiara didn't care, hers was usually just as filled with wrappers and cd cases.

"What mall are we going to?" The music was blaring; the wind making her strawberry blonde hair flow all over.

"Let's go to South Common. It has more stores."

"That's a thirty minute drive though."

Her eyes ranked along my body slowly and as her eyes met mine again her soft hands quickly patted my thighs. what the hell?