0.4

Harry
_____
I had a plan. In one week I was going to ask out Ashley. After Effy and I win regional championships we'll throw a party and invite everyone. I'll drink my first drink and hopefully be cool enough to talk to her, but I need to prepare. I need a plan, and help. The only two people I know that can help me are Effy and Dylan. I just need to find away to stop them from hating each other long enough to 'pimp me out'. Although the texts he sent her last week saying 'I miss you' wasn't very hateful.

As I sat in French class between Dylan and Effy I decided to take action. Planting the first seed in what looks to be a perfect plan. I pull a loose piece of paper out of my notebook and right a note for both of them.

Guys, I need your help.

They both seemed to looked at me funny, looking between the paper, me and each other.

"Harry we are at the back of the class watching a The Muppets in French. You can speak." I looked around after Dylan's words and notice that he is indeed correct. No one is really listening.

"I need you guys to help me be- be um" It was stupid of me to be nervous but that's who I was.

"What is it Harry?" Effy was half paying attention to me and half on a her phone.

"I need you guys to make me cool before the championships."

"What?" Their gasps were unison. They looked at each other with a small smirk and a funny feeling- maybe excitement- slipped into my stomach.

"If we win at championships and I look cool and can actually talk to girls then maybe Ashley might give me a shot." I was confident with my plan. Maybe if I lost the baggy sweaters and mix matched clothing she'd look at me, maybe if I even let my hair out of the baseball caps I always wear she'll talk to me.

"I have been waiting to do this Harry! We'll need Kiara's help though."

"Oh, please no." I could already imagine her plucking and prodding me with god knows what.

"Yes, Kiara will do your look, Effy and I will teach you how to be so-" He was thinking of the right words to say as Madame Apple stops the stupid movie due to the bell ringing in moments. "how to be not so socially awkward." Really, he took 45 seconds to think of that?

"We can start after practice I suppose. My parents won't be home they're working late."

"Good."

As the bell rung I put my books into my backpack as fast as I could. I was trying to keep up with Effy but ever since our talk at her house she's been distant. She quickly slide out of the class after saying 'au revoir' to Madame Apple and I followed suite, just grasping her arm.

"Hey Effs."

"Hi." It killed me to hear her sound so far away. We've been best friends for ever and even though things got 'different' between us doesn't mean I don't want to be her friend.

"Do you want a drive to practice?" French was our last period and we usually went straight from school to the gym, but I wasn't so sure today.

"Sure Harry why not."

_

The car was cool as the spring breeze flooded the car through the windows.

"So about your hou-"

"I don't want to talk about it." I was stunned, confused. She didn't even let me finish.

"What do you mean? I just want to know a few things."

"I'll give you two questions." Her feet were perched on the front of the stereo, her black boots absorbing all the spring sun.

"Fine, two questions."