New Feelings

After everyone calmed down a little, I decided to go upstairs to the guest room and unpack my things. I had about five suitcases of shoes, four of belts, snapbacks, and accessories, and about eight of clothes that should last through the summer and first semester of school. When I went to organize my shoes, I kept having this strange feeling that someone was watching me. I turned around to see Langston standing in the doorway. I jumped.

" Dang, Laney!! You scared the shit outta me"I said tryna catch my breath.

" Oh my bad," he laughed. " Girl, you know ain't nobody called me Laney in 4 years"

" I bet. Thats my nickname for you. Im the only one that can say that"

We both laughed. We just sat there and reminisced about when we were younger.

" You remember when we used to play hide and go seek in the dark around the neighborhood," I said laughing at all the foolish things we used to do.

" Hell Yea! Remember that one time when Julian tried to hide behind Mrs. Harris's dog house and the dog came out and chased him around the neighborhood" He said strugglin' to get the words out between his outbursts of laughs. I never noticed how cute his smile was before.

"Haha, yeah and he decided that it was a good idea to run towards me. I almost had a heart attack when I saw that big ass dog." I said as I got up to go get my suitcases with my clothes in it.

"Oh, let me get that for you 'ma" Langston said gettin up to help me with my bags.

"Thanks.....so catch me up on everything that don happened since I left."

"Well, as soon as you left, it felt as if everybody just changed. Especially Khori and Devon"

Khori was my best girl-friend when we were little . We were almost as close as me and the boys , but when I told her I was moving, we started to drift apart. Devon was a friend of the boys who used to tease me about how I looked when I was younger. I always used to let it go tho.

"Really, what happened?" I asked curious about how I affected everyone.

" Khori," he explained " got loose after you left. I don't know what happened but she started hanging with that bitch India and they just ran through almost all the dudes at the school. And Devon, that niggah just started trippin' so we all grew apart from him."

" Dang. What about Asya, Monique, and Lexi" I asked. I noticed that his jaw clenched when I said Asya's name.

"Oh. Uhm... We're still cool with them" he said. He was playin' with his snapback. He only did that when he was tryna keep something from me. " About a year after you left, Julian and 'Nique finally got together. They been datin' ever since."

" OMG!!! Julian never told me that imma kill him. He know i been tryna get them together for the longest."

" Yea..." Langston chuckled. " And Day Day and Lexi are on speaking terms now. That break up they had was brutal, but some how them niggahs got over it. That's about it, most of the old crew is still the same as when you left. I know they gon' be happy to see you again"

Langston got up to walk out the room. He's hidin' somethin. I know it. He didn't even mention Asya. Somethin must be goin on.

"Langston..." Said softly. He turned around quickly because I only call him Langston when I'm being serious. " What are you tryna keep from me? "

" What are you talkin' about?" he said with a guilty look on his face.

" You know what I 'm talkin about" I said a little irritated " why did you get tense when I brought up Asya"