Mama Knows Best

Langston POV :
"Ma could you just be nice to her tonight? " I pleaded with my mom to be nice to Deidra. She still hasn't warmed up to her. The same wih Deidra too.
"No I'm not gonna be nice to her because she doesn't know how to respect me or my damn house." OMG, is she ever gonna let that go?
"Ma we said we're sorry. When are you gonna let that go? We apologized "
"I'm not gonna forget until the image of you two having sex on MY DAMN TABLE is erased from my mind.... Really Langston. I thought I taught you how to choose a girl with standards. A girl like Arrielle...." she started. I'm done.
"Ma imma just leave because I really don't want to hear this shit, especially from you". I grabbed my water and turned to walk out. I was almost out the kitchen when I felt something hit my head, knockin my snapback out. I turned and seen my ma furious.
"First off, don't you ever cuss at me cuz I can bring that shit back and hurt yo damn feelins. I'm the adult. Don't get it twisted. Secondly, I wish you would try to walk away from me while I'm talking to you. Boy what has gotten into you. You know what, get out of my face. Go wait on yo little hooker." She waved me away and continued cooking. I silently exited. "And don't start nothing when Arrielle gets here." She yelled after me. I quickly ran back downstairs.
"Why is she coming here "I asked.
"Cuz I wanna see my future daughter in law. Plus we have to start planning for her debutante ball " she explained. Debutante ball? Oh yeah, my mom was her sponsor. They set this up when she first got here. Great -_-. Why can't the past stay in the past?

Arrielle POV : polyvore.com/arri_goes_to_private_school/set?id=48752852
After Darnell and I dropped Mickey off, we both drove over to Julian's. He called earlier sayin he had something important to talk about. I brought Darnell along because I have to go to Langston house afterwards, and I don't want no drama.
Darnell's outburst earlier was on my mind as we pulled into Julian's driveway. He turned the car off and looked at me.
"Darnell, what was that back there?" I asked. "What you mean?" He asked. He knows damn well what I'm talkin bout. "Darnell please don't play dumb with me. I'm talkin about when you fuckin snapped on me at the mall. I didn't deserve that." "You're right. You NEEDED that." "What??????? " "Arrielle you needed someone to be real with you. Someone to tell you how beautiful and creative and funny and smart you are. Tell you how whenever you walk into a room, you make their heart skip not one but five beats. You needed someone to call you out on your bullshit because deep down I know you hate what you've become What he's made you....." I just sat and listened to what he was saying. Most of it was true, but what caught my attention was the subtleties of how he felt. No one has ever said this kinda stuff to me. "Arrielle .... you and I know that I was what you needed. What you still need. I don't mean to come off strong but ......" "But what? " I asked. By now we've been sittin in the car for about 10 minutes and we were mere inches apart. "I -i-....."he was quickly interrupted by a knock at my window. I turned around and saw Julian. He looked furious as fuck. I rolled down the window. "We need to have a talk. NOW" he commanded. Tf! Is it snap on Arri day today. I took one more look at Darnell before getting out and closing my door behind me. I walked up to the porch and waved to him slightly before goin in.

Julian POV :

"Arri what the hell is this!?!?! " I fumed as she entered her old bedroom. I tossed her the old envelope. She opened it slightly,before quickly closing it again. She looked mortified. "Julian where'd you get this?..... Were you goin through my stuff!?!?" she yelled, tryna change the fuckin subject. Not gon work. "That's not the damn issue. Why is there a positive pregnancy test and sonograms in your stuff?!? When were you gonna tell me that you were pregnant,huh? After it was born." I was furious as fuck. How could she leave me out of this. "Does Langston know that you're pregnant? " "Shut the fuck up Julian. This isnt your business. And fyi, no Langston doesn't know because I'm not pregnant. He not gonna find out about any of this, and neither will anyone else will they?" I know this child ain't tryna threatin me. " Arri if you arent pregnant then why do you have this stuff?" She sighed, and for the first time I saw a tear drop from her eye. "Because I WAS pregnant " she looked to me analyzing my face. I just stared in disbelief. "Julian please ....please say something." "...how..I mean when...I mean how did this happen? " So many thoughts ran through my mind. "Well when me and Langston ......" "LANGSTON GOT YOU PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!! " Oh shit. "Shhhh. Well as I was saying, when we first got together, we always had sex. The fact that we were datin secretly added an extra thrill to it." "Sorry to interrupt but I don't need to hear all that with y'all nasty asses." I seen her crack a smile. It warmed my heart to know that I'm the reason for it. "Whatever fool. Anywayz, once I started birth control, he stopped using condoms. I was like fuck it. I was on the pill so what could go wrong? About a week after you guys left for your tour, I started feelin sick. I went to the doctors and that's when I found out that I was pregnant. I came home and took this home test to be sure. When I went back the next day, they told me how far along I was, the baby's gender, and they took sonograms." "What was it? " I asked out of pure curiosity. "I was six weeks pregnant with a precious baby boy." She smiled to herself, holding the sonograms of her son in her hand. "So...uhm....what happened? Did you 'take care ' of him? " She quickly shook her head no. "Shortly after, I miscarried. That's why I was blowin y'all up trying to talk to Langston. I needed someone to talk to. I need him, but he wasn't there for me. I guess it was never meant to be then." I embraced her in a hug. I heard the faint sound of her cryin into my chest. "Shh. Shh. Don't cry. Its gonna be alright." I gently stroked the top of her head and kissed her forehead. "Thanks best friend. You don't know how long I've been holding on to that secret " she pulled away and looked at her clock. " I wish I could stay but I have to go over to aunt Betty's right now " "Well okay I guess ill see you later then. Be safe." I hugged her goodbye before walking her to the door. "Goodnight Julian." She kissed my cheek and I watched as she left my driveway with Darnell. No good will come of her lil visit with Betty tho. Her and Langston haven't seen each other in three months. He better be prepared fir that not so pleasant surprise.

Langston's mom in the MM.

Arri outfit in the EL.