School 8

Rashad POV:

I walked behind the football stadium and lit up. I really needed to calm down. I leaned against the brick wall and let the smoke run through my veins. I already felt myself calming down.

"Aye You!!!" I heard someone yell. I felt my body tense up. I looked around and it was Arrielle.

"G you scared the shit out of me" I said. She started laughin. I smiled a little before leaning back against the wall and taking another smoke. I notice that she keeps lookin' at the joint in my hand. I smirk and blew a little bit of the smoke in her face.

"Really Rashad. Really" She playfully punched me in the arm. She came and stood beside me. I saw her face get serious. She just looked up at me. She was so much shorter than me that I really had to look down. "You know you could get expelled for that" she said.

"Only if I get caught..... Besides I needed this" I took another smoke.

"Why? Is it because of what happened in lunch today?" I looked down at her a little curious. I don't know what she was thinking. She looked a little blank.

" How'd you find out?" I just looked away from her. I took another drag.

"Essence told me." She came and stood in front of me. I really didn't want to talk about it. I was about to take another puff but she snatched the joint from my hands. I breathed out hard. She crossed her arms with the joint still in her hands. " Rashad just talk to me.... Why did you get so mad today. I mean I saw what you did to the ketchup" I went and sat down on a bench. I motioned for her to join me.

"G I'm really feelin' you....like forreal now."I said .

"I'm feelin' you too Rashad....." she looked down at her hands. "..but I can't get serious with you if you keep hiding stuff from me."

"I'm not hiding anything G."

"Then tell me why you were mad....and what was Julian talking about earlier??" I knew sooner or later I would have to explain that. She looked at me. There was something in her eyes. Like she was tryin' to tell me something that she couldn't say out loud. I sighed and tried to take the joint that she was still holding from her. If I was gon talk about this, I would need some chemical courage. However, she wouldn't let me have it. I just rolled my eyes and began.

"A few years ago, I dated this girl..... Jasmyne. We were gettin really serious. I mean I never met anyone like her. She was smart, funny, sexy, nic......" I stopped when I saw Arrielle's face. She looked a lil put down. I realized that I was basically braggin' on Jasmyne to her. "Oh my bad G".

"Its good" she said before bringin' the joint to her lips. That was unexpected. I just stared in shock.

"G....you know you just......" I said pointing to the joint. She exhaled the smoke. I ain't gon lie, it was sexy as hell.

"I know what I did. Just finish the story" she said before taking another smoke. I stared a while before continuing.

"...well she started changing.... She was jealous as hell...... She would always ask where I was and who I was with...... Like some true fatal attraction shit.... one day she even tried me to get her pregnant.. But I found out and dumped her ass. I guess she was mad cause next thing I knew I was in court for assault..."

"HAHAHA HAHAHA!!!!!" she bust out laughin'. At first I was confused, but then I seen her face. She was higher than the moon right now.

"I think you should hold off on the loud for right now" I said taking the joint from her and putting it out. She tried to stop laughin' but that only made it worse. "Come on" I stood her up. "We need to get back to class. And you need to chill out or yo ass gon get caught" I couldn't keep a straight face . She was making the craziest faces. Plus she could barely stand up straight.