Pieces of Me

~ONE MONTH LATER~

Arri POV :

I sat and stared into the passenger mirror as I applied makeup around the new bruises surrounding my eye. I glanced out the corner of my eye to Darnell. He just sat there. Driving. As if nothing happened.

°°°•••°°°FLASHBACK°°°•••°°°

"I don't like it. Now go change!" He said as I walked out of my room, ready to leave for the airport. Ever since me and Darnell got together a month ago, he's become more and more possessive and violent towards me. I should've known that it would be like this when he told me about his anger issues and animosity towards women. I would leave, but at this point, I'm too afraid.

"No Darnell. It's fuckin 90° outside. In the middle of December. Imma burn up." I protest as I put my suitcases by the door. I don't see why he was trippin. All I had on was some distressed gold studded shorts, a white Lil Wayne racerback cropped tee, and some black and gold Vlados. It wasn't that serious.

"Bitch, it ain't that hot that you have to walk around like a tramp! How do you think I look when I let my girl run around lookin like a fuckin street walker! " he yelled, grabbing my arm tightly as I tried to walk pass him. I forcefully snatched away. I'm getting tired of this.

"I DON'T GIVE A FUCK! AND IF YOU KEEP TREATIN ME LIKE ......" I yelled before I fell to the floor. I held my hand on the left side of my face. I can't believe he punched me. I was used to the forceful slaps, but he never punched me before. I couldn't hold back the tears that flowed freely from my face.

"Bitch don't cry now! You wasn't cryin when you was talkin all that shit, were you!" He hissed. As he moved closer to me, I frantically moved away. "Get yo ass back there and put on some damn clothes!" He yelled. I shook at the sound of his voice but stayed quiet and still. I was secretly wishing that Becca was here. He never acts like this when she's around. Those are the only times I feel safe. "BITCH, YOU CAN'T HEAR!?!" he yelled. I snapped back to reality. "See you make me have to do these things to you baby. Why can't you just listen? " he said in a softer tone, which was scarier than him yelling. He quickly began unbuckling his belt, and I realized what he was doing.

"No Darnell! Please don't do this! I'm sorry...I -I -I'll go change. Just please...don't " I begged.

"Nah. Too little too late baby " he said as he unzipped his pants. "Since you wanna dress like a hooker, imma treat you like one." He roughly pulled me over his shoulder and started walking towards my room.

"DARNELL! NO!!!!.... PUT ME DOWN!!!!!! SOMEBODY HELP!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!! DARNELL STOP!!" I screamed and cried while banging on his back. He just laughed and threw me onto my bed, closing the door behind him.

"We could do this the easy way or the hard way. I really don't give af. Your choice " he said as he walked over to me.

"Please don't " I pleaded, barely above a whisper. I let a small tear trickle down my face. Why me??

°°°•••°°° END OF FLASH BACK°°°•••°°°

I finished my makeup, and sat back in my seat. I stared out the window for the whole ride to the airport. I really don't wanna come on this stupid trip anyway, but Mickey begged me to. I was kinda looking foward to seeing my girls Lexi, Mel, Khori, and Ess again. I really haven't talked to them much since I left from LAHS. I was most excited about being with Julian. I needed my best friend right now. I just needed someone to hold me just because. I needed to feel safe. A small tear escaped my eye as I thought about it.

We soon pulled into the airport and I immediately seen those crazy ass patterned pajama bottoms. I didn't even wait for the car to completely stop. I hopped out of the car and ran over to my bestie. "JUJU!!!!!!!!" I yelled as I jumped on him, wrapping my legs around him in the process.