school 6

Arri POV:
Me, Julian, Khori, and Langston pulled into the school parkin' lot and got out. Lexi and DayDay came and parked beside us. Everybody's calmed down since the other day. Langston and I are tryin' our best to make things normal again. I think he's havin' a harder time, considerin' the fact that he sees me and Rashad together all the time.
Julian and Khori walked ahead of all of us to the building. DayDay and Lexi were behind them talkin' to Essie and Justin. They're such a cute couple. I stayed behind with Langston because he said he had to talk to me. I walked around to the back of the car where he was.
"What's up" I said playfully punchin' him in the arm. He chuckled but he soon started frownin'.
"Arri, you know how much I want us to continue bein' friends right" he said lookin' at the ground.
"Yeah, you practically suffocated me the other day because of it." That made him smile again.
"Yea, well I think it's gonna be a little hard to think of us as just friends....you know with you datin' Rashad and all"
"What are you tryna say Langston? I can't be friends with you if I'm with Rashad" I was startin' to get real aggravated.
"No. I'm not sayin' that" He sighed and rubbed on his face. "It's just that I would like if yall could hold off on the PDA....you know just when I'm around. I think it'll make everything less awkward" He gave me a pleadin' look. I sighed and caved in.
"Okay. I can do that"
"Thanks" He got up and grabbed my hand. We walked together to my locker, which is where everyone was waiting on us.
Langston POV:
When I walked up to the crew at Arri's locker, Julian and DayDay immediately gave me suspicious looks. I shook my head lettin' them know that nothin' changed.
"What's goodie" Arri said to everyone as she went to open her locker. When she let go of my hand, somethin' about me felt empty. I just stuffed them in my pockets. I didn't know what to do with them anymore.
"Everything. We was just talkin' bout the No Ratchets Party /video shoot this Saturday" Khori said. I had almost forgot about that. With everything goin' on, it must've slipped my mind.
"What?" Arri asked as she slammed her locker shut.
"The party we throwin' this weekend for the song. And all yall ratchet hoes go be in it" Julian said. All the girls just looked at him.
"Who the hell Ratchet Julian?" Arri said throwin' a pencil at him. He dodged it tho.
"Damn, I was just playin'. But seriously yall gotta be in it. Yall the bad bitches" he said redeemin ' himself.
"I'm cool with that" Essence said.
"Me too" Lexi said.
"Iight" said Khori.
"Yall already know I'm the baddest" Arri said.
Everyone was just talkin' about this weekend, when that niggah Rashad walked up. I don't know why, but my mood did a fuckin' 360.
Julian POV:
We was all just chillin' at Arri locker when Rashad walked up. I looked at Langston and saw that he was madder than a mofo. Rashad had walked up and gave Arri a tight ass hug.
"Hey G" he said kissin' her cheek. For some reason she looked hesitant to hug him back. I seen her give Langston a sympathetic look. Like she was sorry for somethin'.
"Hey Rashad" she said. He pulled his hands around her waist. I just couldn't get what DayDay and Lexi told me the other day out my head.
"So Arri, you ready for cheer tryouts today?" Lexi said to her.
"You tryin' out for cheerleadin'?" Langston asked.
"Yea" Arri said. "They begged me to do it. Even though I ain't cheered in a long time" she said lookin' at Lexi and Khori.
"I'm sure you'll do great," Langston said. "You were good at it before." Arri looked up and gave him a shy smile. I could see her start to blush. These niggahs betta than The OC. I looked at Rashad and seen him starin at Arri's shirt. He kept pullin' it down. I could tell she was gettin' a lil irritated.
"Babe, you see what I see" Khori whispered in my ear. I knew she was talkin' bout the shirt thing. I nodded.
"So Rashad" I said grabbin' his attention. "Where you come from. I mean I ain't neva seen you round here before"
"I know. I was home schooled before I came here."
"So you ain't neva had a school experience before comin' here" DayDay said.
"Duh, niggah. That's what he just said" I said. I looked at Rashad still playin' with Arri shirt. I just had to ask. "You got a record?" I blurted out.
"JULIAN!" Arri scolded. It was a good question. I saw that niggah jaw clench. Langston looked confused as hell.
"It's ok G," he said. "Yeah, I had got into a lil trouble a while back, but it was all a misunderstandin' and the charges were dropped." I don't believe that shit. Do You?................................I didn't think so. I could see Arri's face tense up. If it's one thing that Arri doesn't like it's when someone is keepin' somethin from here.
"I got to go." She said as she stormed off. She basically pushed Rashad out the way.
"What did I do?" he asked.
"I don't know but I got to go check on her" langston said, Runnin' down the hall after her. The first bell rang and we all went our separate ways.