Knowing When to Walk Away

Julian POV :

I know I was wrong, but she should've already told him. Why did Khori have to confide in me about that shit? She was the one who told me that Arri was gonna go meet Lang in the pool. This is all her fault, and imma let that be known if this blows up in my face.

I was sitting in the game room with Arri, Justin, and Khori. Every once in a while, I would look over at Arri, who was on her phone. She's gonna be pissed when she finds out what I did. I ran my hands over my face in frustration. "Arri, " I sighed. Everyone looked up at me. Khori gave me the death stare. She didn't know what I did, she just didn't want me to rat her out, but if I'm gonna go down so is she.

"Wassup Juju, " she said as she put her phone in the front of a hoodie she changed into.

"I have to tell you something. In private ..." I said.

"Well uhm..okay." We both got up and walked outside into the hallway. "So what did you have to tell me? " she asked, leaning back against the wall. I sighed and rested my head against the door.

".... Arri I'm sorry. I really fucked up this time. Please don't be mad at me." I pleaded. I could sense her confusion and panic.

"Julian whatever it is I'm sure I'll get over it. Just tell me. You're starting to creep me out." She put her hand on my shoulder. I turned to her and sighed.

"Well....when you left, I asked where you were and Khori told me that you were with Langston. She didn't want me to tell you but she's as much to blame for this as me. So after she told me this, I started thinking. You're always so much happier and lively when you're with him, and so is he, and all I wanted was to help you guys work to getting back together cause I miss seeing you truly happy. So I did something that, when I look back on it, was really stupid. "

"Julian. What did you do? " she stepped closer to me and I stepped back, bumping into the door.

"I told him." I hung my head in shame.

"Told him what? " she hissed through clenched teeth. I was gonna answer, but as if on cue, Langston came charging down the hallway.

"ARRI!!!!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!?! " he yelled as he approached us. I watched in shame as I witnessed my best friend realized that I single handedly may have ruined her life.

"No. Julian. You didn't! " she cried, right before she had to face the consequences of MY actions.

Arri POV :

"Langston please. I can explain " I said as I tried to calm him down. I can't believe Julian really betrayed me and told him about the baby. To make matters worse, he actually showed him the sonograms.

"EXPLAIN WHAT?!? EXPLAIN HOW YOU WERE JUST GONNA LET ME GO ON LIVING WITHOUT LETTING ME KNOW THAT I WAS A FATHER. HUH? OR WERE YOU JUST GONNA WAIT TIL AFTER IT WAS BORN TO TELL ME? " he yelled. I hated when he yelled at me. I immediately burst into tears.

"No, I was gonna tell you, but you're not letting me explain why I didn't " I cried.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THERE TO EVEN EXPLAIN?!?! YOU WERE GONNA KEEP THIS BABY FROM ME. MY BABY! HOW LONG DID YOU REALLY THINK THAT WOULD'VE LASTED FOR? I WAS GONNA FIND OUT EVENTUALLY! "

"P-please j-j-just h-hear me out, " I begged, barely able to get a word out.

"No Arri. I thought you were different. I would've never thought you would go as far a hiding a child from me. Well I guess I was wrong." I looked up to see a small group if tears escaping his eyes. He's not letting me explain, and it's only making the situation worse. My day has gone from amazing to horrid in a matter of hours.