I'm Slippin

Arrielle POV:

After Darnell dropped me off at Betty's, he left and I prepared myself for this awkward meeting. I looked around outside. It was beginning to get very dark and windy. That was unusual because it should still be bright around this time. I quickly went up to the door and knocked.

I waited for about 2 minutes before I heard someone come to the door. When the door finally open, I wanted to blow the fuck up.

"Look what the cat dragged in and shitted on " Deidra sneered. I just rolled my eyes and brushed right past her. 

I took my blazer off and put it on the coat hook before heading to the kitchen. I tried my best to avoid Deidra on my way there. I didn't want to fuck her up while Mrs Betty was here. I turned into the kitchen and seen her sitting at the island with a bunch of magazines in front of herself. "Hey mommy " I said. I always called my real mom mother and Mrs Betty mommy because the Higgins was as close to our family as the Goins were.

She turned around and I watched as she took in my new appearance. She seemed truly shocked.

"Arrielle ... honey, you look gorgeous. How have you been sweetheart? " she asked as she embraced me in a huge hug.

"Thanks, and I'm doing fine. Just waitin for this year to be over so I can finally graduate." I said. I took a seat next to her on the island. "So where do we begin with this debutante planning?" I picked up a dress magazine and started thumbing through it.

"Well first, let me give you the basics. Its scheduled on your birthday this year, so that's nice. Basically, it your passage into womanhood ball. You dress up in all white dress and get escorted by a fine young gentleman, then you two share a few dances in front of your family and friends." She explained.

"Wow, that seems like a lot to do. Exactly how many girls are doing this again? "

"About 15to20 girls. "

I thought about it. It was a lot of work going into this. I've seen Debutantes on tv, and I don't think I'm debutante material.

"Arrielle, if your worried about fitting in don't worry. You'll be fine. Just focus on yourself. Its your night. " I gave a accepting smile to her and we began. We started with the dresses. I felt as if I was searching for a wedding dress. Omg, this was gonna be a long night.

Langston POV: (3 hours later)

It was pouring down rain outside. They said we were on a severe thunderstorm warning, and that it wasn't safe outside. That's why I told Deidra to go when we first heard about it. I've been here in the game room for the past 4hrs playin 2k14. I was whoopin ass too. These online niggas couldn't touch me.

"Nigga its 4th quarter. You can't win. You ain't gonna win." I yelled into my headset as I sent Durant to the hoop. As I was celebrating, I saw a huge flash followed by thunder. The power flashed off and then back on. Oh hell naw! I looked at the screen. The game was erased. I just stared at the blank screen in disbelief. I didn't even wanna play no more. 

I left the room for the first time tonight and headed for the kitchen. A nigga was hungry. When I walked in I saw my ma talking to someone. It looked as if whoever it was was sleep because their head was down on the table. I couldn't know for sure because their back was to me.

"Ma, what you cooked?" I asked as I looked through the fridge.

"Can't you seem I'm busy....its some leftovers in the oven." She said, with that same attitude from this morning.

"Dang, I was just askin. It don't look like much work is gettin done if whoever that is is knocked out." I pointed to the knocked out girl. Her hair was all in her face. She was almost about to fall on the floor. Her legs barely touched the floor. Damn her legs were sexy af tho. They were smooth, tan, and toned. Them is model legs right there. I couldn't help but notice that the girl's skirt had risen to the point where I could get a glimpse of her ass. I didn't want to seem like a perv so I only glanced at it from the corner of my eyes while fixing my plate. I turned away to get my drink out the fridge.

"Honey, wake up. Come on we can finish another day." my mom said as she shook the girl awake. I began pouring my lemonade in a cup, when the girl mumbled something. "Arri get up honey " my mom said. A crash of thunder and lightning flashed as I dropped the lemonade at the sound of that name. I looked up to see them both staring at me. I was focused on Arri's look. She looked......different. "Langston what the hell is your problem? " my mom asked.

"Sorry.. I uhm...uhm.. thought I saw a spider." I tried to keep as calm as possible. It was hard with just them looking at me.

"Boy, just go put a towel in the guest room cause Arri's staying the night. "

"No, you don't have to do that. I'll be OK. " Arri protested. I was still recovering from shock.

"Girl it is too dangerous to be out tonight. You're staying here. No objections." My mom announced. Personally I didn't want her here, but it is my mommas house. I went and got her a towel, but I didn't like it. I went back and got my food and locked up in my room. Does anyone care about my feelings around here?