Goodbyes

Narrator’s POV: (Past few Weeks recap)

After Arri and Langston’s night together, they decided to start going out. However, they would do so secretly because they didn’t want anyone to be in their business. Even though Langston didn’t approve, Arri continued to hang out with Devon. DayDay and Lexi are now friends with benefits. They try to keep it a secret, but everyone knows whats goin on. Arri tries to get them together by putting them in awkward situations. Julian and ‘Nique are doing well. A few weeks ago, ‘Nique had a pregnancy scare. Julian was very supportive, even though she ended up not being pregnant. But ‘ Nique feels bad because she’s keeping secrets from Julian and he’s been nothing but good to her. Arri senses that somethin aint right with ‘Nique, so she’s been a little cold towards her. Julian doesn’t like that at all.

Asya’s still Asya, but Langston forgave her (because Arri told him too. IDK why) for cheatin’. He still hates her ass tho. She cordial with everyone now, but she really aint in they circle. Arri and Khori ( remember her. She’s Arri’s childhood friend) ran into each other one day at the mall. They started talking and now they’re cool again, but they don’t hang together that much because Arri still can’t stand India. Ironically, Arri got a job at the same movie theater that India works at.

The Ranger$ are going on their first mini tour. They leave today for eight cities on the west coast. They’ll be gone for a month, and will be back right before DayDay and Langston’s birthdays. They’re goin on tour with a hometown celebrity named Jordan. He can sing and rap. He’s cute, and the crew has loved him hangin with them. Since the boys are gonna be gone til their birthdays, Julian and Arri decided to plan a secret Bday/ Welcome back party for them when they get back.

Everyone is at the airport saying their goodbyes before the guys leave for Las Vegas.

Monique POV:I feel sick. How can I sit here and tell Julian that I love him when I’m keepin’ secrets. I never wanted to hurt him. I can’t even look him in the eyes right now.

"Babe, you listenin?" He looked at me confused. my eyes began to water. I wiped them away quickly. "Aww, don’t cry we’ll only be gone for a few weeks. I’ll call you every day if that’ll make it better" I just broke down. He always thought of me, and what do I do? I go and betray him like a heartless bitch. He holds me tighter and kisses my head.

"Julian...." I can’t believe I’m doing this "I...iii.... I have to tell you something""Wait, me first." He led me to a bench in the waitin area. " Monique Naomi Buchanan, I’ve known you for over four years, and each day of those five years I’ve fallin deeper in love with you. Now, I know we’re too young to make a big commitment," he got on one knee on the floor. I saw his eyes begin to tear up. OH MY GOD! This can’t be happenin’. Not now.

"Julian....." I was on the verge of crying again. I couldn’t figure out what to say, so he continued.

"..but I want you to take this ring as a promise, that as my main girl, my number one dime, you would continue to love me, be faithful, and never do anything to hurt me. If you would accept this then I will promise to do the same for you" A tear slipped from his eyes. "I Love You ‘Nique. I really do. So will you promise to be mine?" His voice cracked when he said he loved me. I felt like shit. Here was this man that truly loved me and I stabbed him in the back. I didn’t want to hurt him anymore so I did what I thought was best.

"Yes, I promise" He jumped off the floor and kissed me passionately. What did I just do?

" ‘Nique, you don’t know how happy I am right now." He placed the ring on my finger. It was beautiful. It had February14th, 2008, our first date, engraved in the inside. "So what did you have to tell me?""O..... Umm.....It wasn’t important"