Listen

Justin POV:
I was having the time of my life tonight with Essence . I decided to take her out to dinner at Pierre, the finest restaurant in LA, after we left the tryouts. I t was a great night, so I decided to take a walk around the park with her.

"Justin..." Ess said uneasily. I looked at her and she was looking at the ground, "why do you like me so much?". She didn't look at me, even though she was looking up now. She seemed to be looking through me.

"Well..." I said as a small gust of wind blew. Ess didn't have a jacket, so she shivered involuntarily. I quickly took my letterman off and placed it around her shoulder. Better me be cold than her. "I really like you because you like me for me.. You like Justin, not Diddy's son. Plus, you're a great person. You are always the same fun, nice, and crazy girl with everyone" I said, playfully nudging her as we walked. " Why do you ask? Because you're damn close to being perfect in my eyes"

"I asked because this is usually the time where guys find a way to get out of a relationship with me. You either want to stick around..or you're a good actor"

"Essence" I said stopping her and turning her to face me. She was dead ass serious. "I really don't give a rat's ass about your past" She just stared at me blankly before rolling her eyes and walking away from me. That really didn't come out the right way.

"Essence!! Wait!!" I yelled as I began racing to her. I caught up to her and she turned around. "I didn't mean it like that. I meant that the past is in the past. It doesn't matter now. What matters now is that we are each other's present and hopefully futures, and what happens between us is all that you should be worried about" Her face seemed to soften a bit. I noticed a smile pull onto her lips.

"Your so sweet Justin" she cooed before pecking my lips and embracing me in a hug. I hugged back, letting the scent of her Herbal Essence hair wash fill my nostrils.

"I love you" I whispered unconsciously. My eyes got big. Did I just tell her I loved her. She pulled away and looked at me weird.

"I, uhm, love you too" she said, her cheeks burning red. Ahh Shit.

Julian POV:

Why are you running through my mind

When I know we just friends

Just leave yo man

Yo relationship faker than Barbie and Ken

I don't know why, but it was just coming to me tonight. I looked at the lyrics I had just wrote. It would usually take me a few days to come up with a good melody to a song, but I guess with everything going on, my creative juices were flowing. I continued to hum the rest of the melody while thinking of more lyrics. I was interrupted by a knock at my door. "Come in" I yelled. In walked a timid ArrI . She looked like she was scared as hell to come in my room. I quickly sat up and moved my notebook off the bed.

"Julian we really need to figure out why what happened happened." she said, taking a seat at the far end of my bed, almost 3 feet away from me.

"Arri, I know. I'm sorry if I caused any confusion. I just thought that there was a moment" I simply said.

"Why would you think that? We're just friends for god sakes"

"Because, we're both single and I saw how you looked at me when we were about to make up. Besides, it's not like you weren't kissing back. You seemed so into it from where I was. You could've stopped it at anytime." I sat and watched as her brows furrowed.

"So this is my fault now?!? Julian YOU kissed Me. I didn't kiss you!" she yelled, and started pacing the room. I stood up also.

"BUT YOU DIDN'T STOP IT!" I yelled back.